• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat's bi-weekly weekend of Events Results Brawl + Melee results up

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
And btw Boss quit? And so did Plank? BS you guys will see them in a little bit. In a few tournaments they'll come back. Melee players can go eat a fat one. <3

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl+ Results:

Round Robin Teams
1. JCaesar (ROB/Squirtle) & G-Reg (Jiggly/?) not sure who else he used: 3-0
2. Chu (Kirby) & Meep (Marth/IC's): 2-1
3. Thunderhorse (Falco) & Red Bandit (Zelda): 1-2
4. Tantalus (MK) & Waffle (Kirby): 0-3
G-Reg also used Captain Falcon. Tantalus also used Fox.

ggs all. It's a shame we didn't get to do singles but it was fun regardless.

They never can quit completely

its impossible
No it's pretty easy actually, trust me ^_^

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
So, the first melee event in almost a year in this region with about 10 more people then the Brawl event = Brawl dying? Lol.

Host a melee tourny this Saturday when WoodBridge is going on and lets see what turnout is bigger lolol

<3 melee & Brawl

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah good logic EE host a melee tournament in 6 days when a brawl event has been planned for months and is a circuit event. this will prove things.

brawl isnt dying, all of the good players who played melee at a pro level are realizing its bull**** and not playing it at a pro level because of that, which is why you see the top players being players who didnt play melee or were mediocre in melee (except m2k)

me, omni, boss, azen, chillin all used to be dominating brawl forces within our region, and we all quit. also note 4 of those names were at chus on friday, and none were at chus on saturday =]

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
did not do well this tourney
13th does not look good..

edit. This is Takeover speaking

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yeah good logic EE host a melee tournament in 6 days when a brawl event has been planned for months and is a circuit event. this will prove things.

brawl isnt dying, all of the good players who played melee at a pro level are realizing its bull**** and not playing it at a pro level because of that, which is why you see the top players being players who didnt play melee or were mediocre in melee (except m2k)

me, omni, boss, azen, chillin all used to be dominating brawl forces within our region, and we all quit. also note 4 of those names were at chus on friday, and none were at chus on saturday =]
good point made.. I really dont want brawl to die because I just got on the brawl scene & do not want to learn a whole different game in melee

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Nah Brawl won't die quite yet, i'm not arrogant enough to think that. But I do think Brawl and Melee scenes are going to grow further and further apart (less people entering both events) and I think Melee and Brawl will be comparable in numbers throughout most of the country for a while. I think after a few years though melee will probably still be going strong and Brawl is going to be all but dead.

We'll see, because i predicted before that Brawl would have the initial rush and really overshadow Melee but then people would realize it's ****ty, basic, and boring, and even Brawl players would want to start learning Melee after being around competitive smash and seeing a real competitive game. It happened on the WC at genesis, and it'll happen on the EC at *Pound* 4. XD

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I have a problem what you claim about Brawl completely dying in the future & I see where you are coming from... The reason top players get tired of Brawl because Brawl is very hard to come back when you are down a stock so the game seems not that competitive. As for Melee a player can be down two stocks & pull a combo off then be even again. I still ask myself why top melee players start playing brawl when melee is way more exciting then brawl. But I guess since Brawl is a new game, players start to get curious to what you can pull off so they come to boring game of Brawl. But then again if players play melee for so long wont they get tired of the game regardless of the amazing stuff that happens???

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sometimes, but new stuff happens ALL the time in melee. I can't even count the number of times I play and just go "WTF just happened? The metagame is even still evolving. In melee Sheik was total **** at first, and it's gone through cycles since then of best characters and popular ones. Jigglypuffs, peaches, and falcons dominated Genesis. Do you really expect at ANY point in Brawl's existence ANYONE but MK's or Snakes to be dominating? =/ Also in melee ach character can be played tons of different ways. You could see 8 different falcos play in a video and without them even being labelled you would know who was who just by the way they play. Can you look at 8 different top Snakes and go "Well clearly I can tell them apart just by playstyle."

Tons of new players (have played 1-3 years) are now TOP players, and others are still on the rise. The game may not have the same community as in 2001, because of course, some do get bored, but it's so enthralling that it picks new people up along the way to reclaim that greatness. Brawl doesn't have that same appeal. As the metagame get's more and more campy and boring players who enter the scene are going to lose to it and just not even want to play anymore.

We don't get bored because it's hard to come back when you're losing, we get bored because defensive options outweigh offensive options so heavily and because each character has a cookie cutter universal way you're -supposed- to play that character and it's not about being creative or doing anything new, it's about playing that cookie cutter strategy most effectively.

/endrant

XD

Oath.

Smash Ace
Why after EVERY brawl tourney in our region theres a dumb discussion about melee vs brawl. It gets olde, also nice tourney chu. Sadly i couldnt make it

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
You are ****ing right about that statement & melee is way more revolutionary then Brawl.. In melee players can easily differentiate other players skill level because the game is so technical that the metagame will last way longer than Brawl.. The only reason I dont play melee because all the friends I practice with play Brawl so what is the point of practicing melee?? Most tourneys nowadays are Brawl mostly so there is no point in learning melee..

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You are ****ing right about that statement & melee is way more revolutionary then Brawl.. In melee players can easily differentiate other players skill level because the game is so technical that the metagame will last way longer than Brawl.. The only reason I dont play melee because all the friends I practice with play Brawl so what is the point of practicing melee?? Most tourneys nowadays are Brawl mostly so there is no point in learning melee..
I hear ya, and I definitely can't blame anyone for that. I think *Pound* 4 will inspire lots of change in the Brawl community who doesn't really like Melee. If nothing else I guarantee you at least half of all the Brawl entrants will be watching melee finals Saturday, lol.

We are going to do our best to host more Melee events leading up to and after *Pound* though, since I know that is definitely going to inspire some folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6MJboFXRSs. People should watch the end of that when Mango wins LOL, so epic.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Time for some shoutouts!

ChuDat: Thanks for letting me stay the night, it was a ton of fun. Livestream made the event epic! Brawl w/ music hax is the best!
Azen + Chillin: good to see you guys in action again, twas fun, Azen, win more with a controller!
Plank: Good job in melee, fun as always, lets team sometime
Kornn: You would place well in singles if you enter!
HAT: pay me some gas money please soon XD thanks for taking NJ to the 7-11 so i could sleep, and thanks for helping with the tournament
Voodoo: Thanks for destroying me
Thumbs: Thanks for destroying me
Kaiser: Sorry about seeding :(
Kirbstir: All time favorite smashboards poster! Good to see you again, train me in melee sometime
Boss: LIKE A BOSS
Inui: Have fun at the freedom concert. Stop being so annoying! Sometimes you need to just admit you're wrong or you lost instead of johning. Otherwise, it was fun, good matches in brawl
Atomsk: Next time, please have some respect for people who want to sleep :(, I was sad.
Meep: I didn't get to play you! Lets practice sometime IRL!
Lobos: Stop losing to TKO
TKO: Good stuff, sorry I kept you out of the livestream chat for a while, I wanted to do some commentary yesterday, twas fun.
Snak Attack: Learn how to approach! Play some aggressive players on wifi please.
Takeover: Good snake, I love your style, if you keep practicing you'll be real good, thanks for beating Izumi!
Izumi: Thanks for driving NJ...again
Allied: Nice to meet you.
Lil'B: ROB counters yoshi...I wouldn't be able to beat you with anyone else (lol my wario)
G-reg: Thanks for training with me this week, I was really happy with how I did at this tournament, you're training helped a lot. Good job in melee too
Nacker: Good stuff in teams, sorry that we couldn't do better, lets step it next time
EE: Lets goes son, more yugioh
Waffle: Sorry about teams, I feel like I did decent though, sorry about the SD, next time just ditch me lol, you can do better my bad
JCaesar: Brawl+ needs to have its own event I think]
Bonk: good pokemon matches, hax wins it for me
Lie: Good job in the MM, you've improved quite a bit

Good stuff everyone, MD/VA has improved...now lets beat inui and atomsk in teams

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Plank you have to admit Brawl might be boring to watch, it is fun as hell to play dont care what nobody says.. I think Im the only one that goes to Brawl tournies to have fun but the only thing I have a problem with is losing MM..

meepxzero

Smash Master
hehe fun tourney glad to see trevor's ice climbers reminds me of a lot when i was picking them up. Paranoid all tourney over how consistent my cgs were lol now i dont get nervous over that anymore. Keep it up man!

Surprised ic/kirby worked so well chu lol. We definitely needa do that again.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Plank you have to admit Brawl might be boring to watch, it is fun as hell to play dont care what nobody says.. I think Im the only one that goes to Brawl tournies to have fun but the only thing I have a problem with is losing MM..
Someone give this man a cookie; or, as KDJ might say, a medal. You're the most correct person here. Brawl IS boring as hell to watch. It is also SOOOO fun. How can anyone disagree? I mean, I could totally spend hours upon hours owning it up with my DDD, spamming waddle dees and hoping for a Gordo. And, oh, CGing my friends is so pro. I love slowly building up percent and getting that sexy utilt KO. I hate how Melee has those gay combos that are situational and challenging to pull off, that require you to read DI and limit your opponent's options. I'd rather get those solid hits and then let the match fall back into a neutral position. Melee's so dumb, especially how you have to make the most out of momentum and often be within frame precision on your timing. I'd rather allow my brain time to size up a situation and react in a slower paced game, so that I can make the most out of my amazing skills. Brawl also requires insane tech skill. That's something I look for in good games, a host of useful techs that require ages to perfect and execute during true competition. I love showing off my DACUSing skills with Sheik and my aura sphere storing finesse with Lucario.

However, in Melee, I MM people for fun. I don't care to lose 5 bucks here or there, as long as I get to play more Melee. But overall Melee sucks.

Noraa

Smash Lord
i play both equally, i still need some one to sit down with me in melee and help some =/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
okay someone explain what's going on. I have 10 matches of Chudat+HAT vs. Groomblue.

If watched in order, Chudat +HAT win the tournament, with two 3-1 sets, and there are two leftover matches which groomblue win. If I skip the first two matches, Groom Blue wins. Did they play two friendlies before playing grand finals?

I'm pretty sure tant posted the correct results so i'm assuming the first two matches are friendlies.

HAT

Smash Ace
okay someone explain what's going on. I have 10 matches of Chudat+HAT vs. Groomblue.

If watched in order, Chudat +HAT win the tournament, with two 3-1 sets, and there are two leftover matches which groomblue win. If I skip the first two matches, Groom Blue wins. Did they play two friendlies before playing grand finals?

I'm pretty sure tant posted the correct results so i'm assuming the first two matches are friendlies.
**** no way!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Someone give this man a cookie; or, as KDJ might say, a medal. You're the most correct person here. Brawl IS boring as hell to watch. It is also SOOOO fun. How can anyone disagree? I mean, I could totally spend hours upon hours owning it up with my DDD, spamming waddle dees and hoping for a Gordo. And, oh, CGing my friends is so pro. I love slowly building up percent and getting that sexy utilt KO. I hate how Melee has those gay combos that are situational and challenging to pull off, that require you to read DI and limit your opponent's options. I'd rather get those solid hits and then let the match fall back into a neutral position. Melee's so dumb, especially how you have to make the most out of momentum and often be within frame precision on your timing. I'd rather allow my brain time to size up a situation and react in a slower paced game, so that I can make the most out of my amazing skills. Brawl also requires insane tech skill. That's something I look for in good games, a host of useful techs that require ages to perfect and execute during true competition. I love showing off my DACUSing skills with Sheik and my aura sphere storing finesse with Lucario.

However, in Melee, I MM people for fun. I don't care to lose 5 bucks here or there, as long as I get to play more Melee. But overall Melee sucks.
<3 nicely said

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright i'll just say this about melee people hating on brawl and vice versa

If people who like brawl or melee exclusively ignore the people who feed the arguments, then nothing will ever come of it.

You all act like you're insulted about someone bashing your favorite game, don't be insulted, it is their preference. People have opinions, thats why this is a message board. Believe it or not, people enjoy brawl over melee and melee over brawl. It is human nature. Get over it, and just ignore people when they brag about their game being better, it will do the world a lot of good

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
actually tant... no one has really been defending brawl... and melee players still feel obligated to bash brawl anyway... ignoring doesn't seem to do much

g-regulate

Smash Hero
we could all just be like g-reg and not bash any smash game at all?

smash games are fun, leave it at that. remember, its a ****ing pikachu fighting a kirby fighting a donkey kong fighting a yoshi. who can possibly get angry at that

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
thanks chival but i dont think melee sucks.. Even though i never played melee competitively I've always wanted to play it competitevely even though its too late.. The only reason I play brawl competitevely because all the new people play Brawl & it makes sense they would not go back to melee. Even when I play melee today it looks like the oldest game that is so different from Brawl its just a hard transition.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Brawl is still hott. I'll admit its like one of the girls that walk down the street with a nice azz and all but a not good face, and your not sure if you'd tap that. But like, I'd still get at that, you know bro?

Top Bottom