• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicken's Possible Monthly Tourney Thread (OP Updated)

chckn

Smash Ace
This is Rx-.

Winner's Finals was Hrnut and Lambchops. Lambchops won 3-2.

Loser's Finals is NoJ and Hrnut.

I lost to GDX and Hrnut (dere u go, chip!)

The venue (chckn's house) was really nice, and we got free pizza, chips, nuts (mmmm) and all sorts of ice cold drinks. It was spacious, and air conditioned, and there was a little dog that was awesome.

Doubles Results were:

1. NoJ and Rx- (We didn't lose a single match!!)
2. Colbol and Chops
3. GDX and Hrnut

AfroQT

Smash Master
GOOD **** chops and hrnut for holdin it down for florida.
Good **** NoJ placin third but Florida is way to real son.

Man up to everyone that NoJ owned.

No lag johns this time to.

chckn

Smash Ace
lol good ****ing games guys, hoping to have some serious smashfests coming up in the near future so stay posted.

Masky

Smash Master
chckn - good job holding this tournament, I think it went very well... i had a good time and it was cool to meet you and get some games in (:

also chckn, if you have another tournament or something I would suggest giving people directions instead of just your address, because MapQuest ("MapQuest is evil!" -Nick Riddle) and Google Maps both give messed up directions even though it's a pretty simple place to find

Last edited:

chckn

Smash Ace
Yeah definately. Im also thinking about doing like a montly thing if there is enough interest :p.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
chckn - good job holding this tournament, I think it went very well... i had a good time and it was cool to meet you and get some games in (:
pb&j - it was fun teaming with you dude, i think we were a pretty good team for playing together for the first time. too bad we couldn't take 3rd... fire + bucket ftw!

also chckn, if you have another tournament or something I would suggest giving people directions instead of just your address, because MapQuest ("MapQuest is evil!" -Nick Riddle) and Google Maps both give messed up directions even though it's a pretty simple place to find
yeah i got ***** by mapquest lol

i also got ***** by snake but i thinki know what i gotta do now

chckn

Smash Ace
LOLOL, and yeah Ive been talking to my mom about setting this up for next month and its probably gonna be a go! Hope that all you guys can make it down again.

nevershootme

Smash Master
LOLOL, and yeah Ive been talking to my mom about setting this up for next month and its probably gonna be a go! Hope that all you guys can make it down again.
what day are you planning to have it. just make sure that it doesn't interfere with any other tournaments happening.

as of now the only confirmed dates in august that are happening is aug 9th @ FIU (me). the 30th at Gamebreakers by Ruuku (my friend, it's a monthly event).

chckn

Smash Ace
what day are you planning to have it. just make sure that it doesn't interfere with any other tournaments happening.

as of now the only confirmed dates in august that are happening is aug 9th @ FIU (me). the 30th at Gamebreakers by Ruuku (my friend, it's a monthly event).
Are Ruuku's monthlys always gonna be at gamebreakers? And its not a definate thing yet. The next couple of weeks are gonna be real hectic for me so if I do have another one this month then Ill post up the date in a couple of weeks.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Are Ruuku's monthlys always gonna be at gamebreakers? And its not a definate thing yet. The next couple of weeks are gonna be real hectic for me so if I do have another one this month then Ill post up the date in a couple of weeks.
yea. but this month it's not happening since he's in orlando (kissimee , spelling). I could throw some smash crap (fests, get togethers, w/e) at the dorms during the fall semester. since i'm living in a apartment style room and im right next to ruuku since we're in the same building.

chckn

Smash Ace
yea. but this month it's not happening since he's in orlando (kissimee , spelling). I could throw some smash crap (fests, get togethers, w/e) at the dorms during the fall semester. since i'm living in a apartment style room and im right next to ruuku since we're in the same building.
straight. BTW how strict are they with having tourneys and the amount of time that youre allowed to play in the game room? Also, I saw some ppl playing on the second floor of the GC a while back, do you guys play there often?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
straight. BTW how strict are they with having tourneys and the amount of time that youre allowed to play in the game room? Also, I saw some ppl playing on the second floor of the GC a while back, do you guys play there often?
For Game Room tournaments, you actually have to go though its coordinator as well as his supervisor. For the summer, I believe the Game Room is open until 6pm and the big TV room is open until 11pm or so. GC is open until like 2:30am, so people can play on the second floor. Really, people usually are playing at either locations from Monday to Friday.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Usually the game room will be open until 11pm during the semester (the pool room, not the big tv's by the glass windows) and we could play as long as people feel like it.

as for having tourneys, you would have to go through the game room staff to be able to get the room at all, plus they want some staff at the event to take care of money or monitor stuff (if people get into fights and such). But once my tourney gets going and is successful (that's why i've been trying to promote it as much as possible). I could run more tourneys and get any others into the organizing scheme.

We used to play brawl on the 2nd floor, but the tv was moved down stairs in that room when you came by for orientation.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
**** I wish I could of gone to this but I was extremely tired after the PnT tourney, and ended up sleeping that Sunday. Chicken you gotta host another one sometime soon since it's a short drive for me! ^_^

chckn

Smash Ace
as possible). I could run more tourneys and get any others into the organizing scheme.

We used to play brawl on the 2nd floor, but the tv was moved down stairs in that room when you came by for orientation.
LOL I thought that was the game room -_-, well yeah it seems like there is gonna be a pretty steady flow of local fests/tourneys in the near future, which is very good. Im also gonna edit the op/thread name accordingly tomorrow.

**** I wish I could of gone to this but I was extremely tired after the PnT tourney, and ended up sleeping that Sunday. Chicken you gotta host another one sometime soon since it's a short drive for me! ^_^
Where exactly do you live Dave? And yeah Im planing to this as like a monthly or bi-montly thing :p. Hit me up tommorrow if you live close enough and want to get some friendlies or mm's.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Hialeah. You know where the BP gas station is and the Wendys on 57th (Red Road) and there's like a neighborhood right by with dead end streets. It's about like 5-10 min away from Main St.

Friendlies tomorrow would be cool.

chckn

Smash Ace
Hialeah. You know where the BP gas station is and the Wendys on 57th (Red Road) and there's like a neighborhood right by with dead end streets. It's about like 5-10 min away from Main St.

Friendlies tomorrow would be cool.
**** thats real close, and apparently theyre charging now at pnt unless you mm the guy that works there-_-, so hit me up if you can come by,or if its cool if I pass by there. My number is in the op.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
**** thats real close, and apparently theyre charging now at pnt unless you mm the guy that works there-_-, so hit me up if you can come by,or if its cool if I pass by there. My number is in the op.
They start charging now? Whack...maybe I'll go mm the guy that works there sometime this week...if its the same guy that I think it is lol. I'll call you up tomorrow then.

Masky

Smash Master
fun tourny ..masky we neeed to team sometime in the future
so true, do you have a partner for willvolution? that is if i can even stay for doubles (I'll find out soon)

our new and improved team name should be "PB&J and a Baseball Bat"

edit: nevermind, i won't be able to make it to willvolution

chckn

Smash Ace
so true, do you have a partner for willvolution? that is if i can even stay for doubles (I'll find out soon)

our new and improved team name should be "PB&J and a Baseball Bat"
LOL, thats funny. And Illest, hit me up some time if you wanna come by and get some friendlies.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Yo chckn is it cool if I pass by with a friend like around 4 for friendlies? I'm still in class today, should be getting out soon though. I'll call you when I'm out.

chckn

Smash Ace
Yo chckn is it cool if I pass by with a friend like around 4 for friendlies? I'm still in class today, should be getting out soon though. I'll call you when I'm out.
Yeah thats straight. For anyone that ever wants to come by, I work Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday until like 6 so I can smash after six on those days or anytime on the other days.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
monthly tourney thread huh?

that reminds me...i need to find a venue o.o;;

chckn

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have a feeling my mom will get tired of having a bunch of people in her house monthly lol.

chckn

Smash Ace
Yo I just got the okay from my mom to have another one around late September/early October. Date suggestions? Stage suggestions?

Top Bottom