• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicken's Possible Monthly Tourney Thread (OP Updated)

chckn

Smash Ace
Chicken's Possible Monthly Tourney Thread
*EDIT* I will be holding another tournament sometime in October, date is still up for discussion.

Date: Sunday, September 14th

Directions:
If you need directions call my/chris/chicken cell: (305)308-8653.

Time: registration between 12:00 and 1:00, Doubles tournament will start at 1:30, and singles will begin after. Get there early if you would like to play friendlies.

Entry fee: $10 for singles, $10 per player for doubles, $5 door fee

Prizes: First place: 60% Second place:30% Third place: 10%

RULES
3 Stock, 7 min
Friendly Fire = On
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5
BYOC
Excessive stalling is not allowed

Stage/Character pick:
-Both players choose their character(double blind picking is allowed if requested).
-First match is played on a random stage.
-Loser of that match chooses next stage before they choose their characters.
-Winner chooses his/her character.
-Loser chooses his/her character.
-Players may not choose the same stage that they won on after counterpicking it themself in the same set.
-Both players may ban one counterpick stage before the first match starts.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar

Banned:
Everything else

List of people possibly going
CHCKN
Flat Soda
Seibrik
Metal Dave
Ginger
8-Bit
Leh
Junior
Angel
IZZY
Emilio
Linguini
Master Raven
Danny
Jake
Equi
Tommy G
Spook
STUFU
Ruuku
Danny
Chaz
Lee
Spider Sense
Hunter
cloudstealth

*Just post if you want to be added to the list

Tournament 1 Results

Singles:
1. Lambchops($84.00)
2.HRNUT($42.00)
3.NOJ($14.00)
4.GDX
5.Nick Riddle
6.RX-
7. ESAM
7. CHCKN
9.ColBol
9.PB&J
9.Fraility
13.STufu
13.Masky

Doubles:
1.NOJ and friends($96.00)
2. Gentlemen's Touch($48.00)
3. Next Time on DRagonNut Z($16.00)
4.Blingstar
5.Mustardwang
5.Crazed
7.NVUS
7.Xorcist

Masky

Smash Master
afaik there's no tournaments going on in the area this weekend at all (because of Gigabits), but there might be enough people around who aren't going to Gigabits to hold a decent-sized tournament. A good place to check on the tournament schedule is this thread, which has a constantly updating list of all the major Florida tournaments in the 4th post: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386

Good luck with hosting this tournament, if it works out I'll try to make it :)

zoo the animal

Smash Cadet
we are there and making fun of people lol
u guys better come fresh lmao
"what is the point of living"
idunno how bout you throw a tourney both on the 21st and 29th

that sound nice
how bout it

chckn

Smash Ace
The 21st is way too soon so that I can't do. The 29th I will be out of town so that is out of the question. The weekend after seems best since at least to my knowledge there is nothing else going on. That weekend would be 4th of July weekend, but I have no problem with doing in on the 5th or the 6th. Let me know if thats alright with everyone and if there is anything else going down that weekend. Also, once a date is agreed upon I would like to make a list of people that are attending so that I can have an estimate of what the turnout will be.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
the host is madd blind theres a tourney at west palm beach that day. the week after fast is a better day cuz every weekend theirs already a tourney. or this week since some south fl players arent going to gigs this sat.

Masky

Smash Master
chckn: the only dates during the weekend that are available soon are this weekend, the weekend of July 19-20th (during which there's another state tournament, so many people would not be able to attend a tournament during this weekend), or a Sunday on a weekend when there is already a tournament on Saturday.

chckn

Smash Ace
yeah i see now. The weekend after the fifth there is the play and trade tourney on that saturday(which is also the same day as warped tour -_-). Nothing on the FL thread yet for the sunday after. I live like 10 minutes from pnt lo but yeah if thats cool with everyone that sunday seems like the best date for me

Masky

Smash Master
So you mean 7/13? Yeah that date's empty. By the way, you should change the topic name/first post unless if you want stupid people showing up at your house on 6/28

chckn

Smash Ace
lol alright so if there are no other objections I will officially change the date to 7/13, and I want to start a list of people that are gonna be attending, so just post if youre coming.

chckn

Smash Ace
yep, I already changed it on the first post, but I cant change it for some reason on the thread title. I wanna start a list for who is potentially attending, so what I'll do is put down the people who have shown interest and if youre not gonna come just let me know. thanks

Top Bottom