• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants to smash, I am a longtime Louisiana melee player, just moved here for grad school at SAIC. I'm am looking to checkout the scene.

Tink

Smash Hero
bro, u moved to a great scene, tho we seem to be damn lazy....we got alot of diff players and we all kinda suck, so everyones got a chance*.

*-cept vs kelly

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
TRE1 omg havent heard from you in forever. If you wanna smash ever lmk. Number in the first post if you don't still have it

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I just realized. In addition to Dart and the R Bros not entering FC... I don't see Rat, Vro, Andale, or Cosmo.

WTF guys.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I just realized. In addition to Dart and the R Bros not entering FC... I don't see Rat, Vro, Andale, or Cosmo.

WTF guys.
Sooooo does this mean I get to be on the MW Crew? ;)

Melee is dying.
To an extent, but not as badly as some may think. It's easily salvageable!

EDIT:

Regional crews got cancelled in favor of a 5 man crew bracket
I guess crews is not happening.

ORLY

Smash Master
the MW is definitely doing crews

it's just up to the other regions to try and compete with us

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
anyone still looking for a hotel room? mine is just me, jack, and battlecow so far. I have saturday-monday nights booked.

kd-

Smash Lord
One of the best on stream moments I saw (and due to sleep/work, I didn't see much) ORLY was facing against some guy in P:M and Bowser Bomb edgegaurd-killed him off the side. The stream exploded with 'BODIED's. Good **** ORLY

ORLY

Smash Master
LOL thanks

i'm glad i made the stream monsters happy

sometimes it feels like all i can do is fortress ;D

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
not much has really changed heh....other then jeff wants to see his name up there about 7th :p/
last 2 smashing grounds i got 3rd and 2nd.

i was also the 2nd highest chicago placer at fc with that young 13th place.

SO YA BABY BOI LOOKS LIKE TRAIL IS GONNA BE BAK IN DIS LIST SON
Ninja'd
But seriously, the list is over 8 months old. If you want to use Tink's lazy argument then why even make a list to begin with, since we all knew how good everyone was before the lists inception

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
There have been changes to the chicago scene in the last few months too. I would be down to do this after BPM to give MDZ a starting place. Rat, you are welcome to participate but I know you don't like melee as much as before.

Does anyone know if Little England will be back for BPM? I'd like to see him on this list too. If you read this Jason, you are welcome to be a panelist again.

A third panelist is best for balancing and no matter what, someone needs to gather up the tournament information for the last few months. Rat used to do this for us (that is a lot of work, so thanks again man) but if he chooses not to participate someone else would have to do it. If someone wants to do this, they can be the third panelist. Otherwise, I'll just pick whoever I feel like and do the work myself.

Honestly, I think only the last 2-3 months should be valid. Taking into account results from january would not be representative of the current rankings.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
The list is supposed to show everyone else who is best, and give motivation to current Chicago players to step their game up.

Edit: I'm pretty sure me and Rat went hard and 2 manned the last 3 list data compilations...

Spife

Smash Master
I think we all know i'm the best in the mid west, kels knows it, it's why he didn't show up to our smash fest the other day
I mean, I only got last place at fc cause the sun was in my eyes, maybe if the kishes didn't run a tourny on the beach that kind of stuff (and the sand getting in my controller) wouldn't happen

kd-

Smash Lord
And speaking of tourneys, have you guys heard of this upcoming tourney in Michigan named The Big House 2? /insertshamelessplug http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323029

You guys already know what's up, just giving some heads up reminders:
*It's scheduled Saturday 10-06-2012 to Sunday 10-07-2012 10:00 AM to 08:00 PM
*Register at http://www.umsmash.com/
*Venue fee increases by $5 on September 10th so you have just short of a month before then
*Registration deadline on September 25th

Grats again on everyone that went to FC, you guys did Midwest proud

Tink

Smash Hero
i think MDZ should have his MW card suspended for a month for the ownagee in crews/suicide almost win vs kelly :teeth:.

gotta train him MW style =D

Rat

Smash Lord
The soonest I can do any help is in like 2 weeks. (End of school term + graduation. Stress...)

Also oro is a boss for doing the data collection with me last time.

Top Bottom