• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Rat

Smash Lord
lol yeah it is the crown that you drew on the bracket =D

Green border to show of the Pro layer-styles-skills. Booya I clicked on emboss! 222good.

ORLY

Smash Master
hbox put in work on cary though

like i wanna say it was close but.. wow, man. hbox earned it

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wish I was there too. Wanted to rep some sonic. At least I got to watch the stream.

Best part of the stream was when they put Vro's 0-Death on chad on Instant Replay. 222good.

kd-

Smash Lord
Hey guys typo on the venue fee increase date for The Big House 2, the venue fee increases September 1st so watch out for that.

People flying in get housing priority, so unfortunately Chicago-land area you will probably need to get a hotel.

Sorry about this, hope to see you at the Big House 2!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Show us your vast amount of Sheik experience and tell me how Sheik is supposed to handle them. Fox/Falco/Puff put her in terrible positions if they are patient.
Use bair a lot, needles a lot. You just want them to do a ****ty laser at some point when they're over 20% so you can hit them with a dash attack and then chase them for the stock. Vs Falco you can also try to corner him at the edge and fish for hits. Vs Fox that's a bit trickier 'cuz of his speed. So the focus is more on drawing him into you and getting him to leave his shell.

Definitely not 60/40.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Use bair a lot, needles a lot. You just want them to do a ****ty laser at some point when they're over 20% so you can hit them with a dash attack and then chase them for the stock. Vs Falco you can also try to corner him at the edge and fish for hits. Vs Fox that's a bit trickier 'cuz of his speed. So the focus is more on drawing him into you and getting him to leave his shell.

Definitely not 60/40.
Approaching Fox at low percents sucks. Fox can combo Sheik off one nair/dair like no ones business. Also, approaching with dash attack against him is also very risky since a CC will **** you. I'm refering to Fox's that know the Sheik match-up, not the ones that dont punish all your dash attacks with either up smash OoS or shine OoS or even approach.

Fox is much harder for Sheik then people seem to realize.

falco sheik is even yo, fox and puff do win 60-40 though.
I dont think it's even, but it's easier.

Meneks

Smash Lord
I was unaware of the tier list when i started maining Falco,
I mained him because his lasers actually did something and he simply just looks cooler than fox.

Also falco v. shiek is even as hell

Meneks

Smash Lord
^^Aren't you trying to main a spacie now? lol..

Without spacies to make everything more FUN and set the standard, this game would be a lot more slow paced and brawlish(redundant?)

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
the problem with not maining a spacie is that you run the risk of playing a non-spacie matchup. Playing as or against spacies is super fun and double-edged. If you don't play a spacie, you could get roped into the positional dreary that is peach/puff, sheik/marth or falcon dittos without even realizing it before it's too late!

basically I play spacies so you guys don't have to.

you're welcome.

ORLY

Smash Master
it seems strange to me that only the sheik mains are talking about how sheik can't win

i don't think you guys know just how good your char is

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
it seems strange to me that only the sheik mains are talking about how sheik can't win

The only one who supported you was a Ganon main, and Scythe also supported 2/3rds of our PoV.

Honestly, she has no approach options, easily comboed, easily gimped, and is not mobile upon other things. She is over rated imo.
Also, might might as well agreed, reading his comment now.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol quit trying to turn this into a "chris vs the world" thing using phases like "x agreed with you while y and z agreed with us". that's just a silly way to make a point and a good way to fall into logical fallacies.

if you don't think she's good, don't play her

ezpz

@frank: you really play falco for the people. i get it now

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

lol quit trying to turn this into a "chris vs the world" thing using phases like "x agreed with you while y and z agreed with us". that's just a silly way to make a point and a good way to fall into logical fallacies.

if you don't think she's good, don't play her

ezpz

@frank: you really play falco for the people. i get it now
You started this. I was just showing you that the above comment was invalid.

ORLY

Smash Master
you're entirely missing the point. if a statement is correct, it doesn't matter how many people support it; correct is correct. i also don't know what point you're trying to make with "showing you that the above statement was invalid" because they're completely valid and talking about two different things.

if i didn't know any better, i'd suspect you were a really good troll.

EDIT: before you write out a wall of text in response to this, i think you should know that i'm not going to reply to it. i saw what happened last night with reneblade and i refuse to participate in your online flame wars of nonsense. going to bed now!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
So you say im wrong, then people agree with me, and you call me a troll for citing your earlier post criticizing the point that only Sheik mains were agreeing with me (which was wrong).

I really don't understand what you mean, but oh well. Renblade was being a baby, so I decided to make him as mad as possible.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Show us your vast amount of Sheik experience and tell me how Sheik is supposed to handle them. Fox/Falco/Puff put her in terrible positions if they are patient.
And how are the fox/puff in any better position if you are patient in return? Falco wins every matchup cause he's gay

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
According to the best sheik I know, Jason "MK banned" Zimmerman, Falco sheik is 60-40 and is incredibly "gay". I have literally talked to him for hours on the Falco matchup, mostly because he hates it so much.

60-40 doesn't mean it isn't unwinable, it just means "it's gay".

I personally have an easier time with Falco currently than Fox, but a lot of that is that I get better Falco practice because people in Nebraska are for the majority better as Falco than Fox (as we don't have any true Fox mains).

I like it best when a Falco tries and camp me because that's when I actually almost win. If they aren't constantly applying shield pressure and getting me stuck in that god damned shine/spike pillar tbullshi, I like when they shoot lasers, PS lasers-nair OOS is how I try and get kills vs Falco. Most falcos are prepared for the PS-laser-grab and they bait it.

Sheik only has 4 bad MU's, Fox/Falco/Puff/IC's, the rest are probably ALL in her favor.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon vs Falco is 40-60

Sheik is infinitely easier to deal with Falco.. it's almost even. I even tried myself by never having touched Sheik in my life and it was easier to deal with Falco in general.

Top Bottom