• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I post a lot haha can't believe I missed my 14,200th post. Such an epic 420 variation that will never be seen again...

And it will be different for everyone. It sounds like its more a personal problem than a knowledge problem. You played sheik for so long that you formed habits that were difficult to break even though your knowledge of the game rose. In that case, I think doing what you're doing is a great solution: take a break from the character while breaking the habits with a new character. When going back to sheik, hopefully you have taken enough of a break that you can look at her fresh and break those old habits.

edit- for the record, I am 35th in posts on this site. 34th if you don't include Smash World Forums

kd-

Smash Lord
True, but not all techs are important for every character. In SF terms, hadoken spacing isn't that important if you play viper.
It can be useful if you're playing Viper against those Hadoukens.

Learning other characters can help you recognize other situations easier or realize limitations of certain characters, and can improve specific matchup techniques. There are other and perhaps better ways to do this, however.

Spife

Smash Master
haha roman told me about maining a new character for long enough that you relearn the first character ages ago. STILL HASN'T KICKED IN WITH LINK LOLOL

but yeah, I'm just hoping this will improve my sheik.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
@kd- i was wondering if someone was going to bring that up. While playing it from reverse can definitely give you insight into the other character's options, it doesn't give you much experience in actually countering those options. IMO the best solution is to just play the matchup with someone who uses many different options so that you learn not just what they can do but what you can do to beat what they do.

@spife link is so bad why do want to play him??? Pick up YL and carry a 1.0 disc with you everywhere like Axe

Spife

Smash Master
yoooo even if yl could get girls he wouldn't know what to do with them
i'm just waitin for when link finally gets the princess so i can learn about the birds and the bees

Scythe

Smash Master
i know this is a decent ways away but anyone possibly driving to big house 2 and has room for 3 people? Thanks.

ORLY

Smash Master
i may need to hitch with someone too, assuming matt and tom aren't going

wisconsin maybe? :D

ORLY

Smash Master
i tried checking that stream but nothing came up :(

i'm sure a lot of you have seen this video already, but i need ray chun to confirm that this is what korea is actually like

miss you rayyyyy

ORLY

Smash Master
yooooooooooo let's not compare suspenders here, champ

let's just admire the (hopefully) accurate portrayal of the chun's great land

Tink

Smash Hero
that was noooo tunak homies 0_0....not even close to awesomeness :///....gave me a Hangover, the movie, feeling, watching and not seeing the hype atttt al heh.

Rat

Smash Lord
Sorry about the link thing. Forgot to say we turned it off due to terrible quality.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
haha shoutouts to chris for posting that video. it's played everywhere out in korea.

korean nightlife is nuts. you'd be surprised how fun it is.

btw, i'll be in the states for the first week of october. i'll see ya soon fellas!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I have a lost and found started for all the stuff I've found after tournaments. If you are missing an item, PM me

:phone:

ORLY

Smash Master
i found a shockingly large amount of things after my tournaments without anyone claiming them

aluminum water bottles, controllers, memory cards, TVs

it's ridic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Same thing happens at my tourneys Chris. I've had to take 3-4 TVs that people somehow left behind without realizing that they did.

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol I like this TO lost and found we have going here

I always post in the shoutouts thread but never get a reply

Top Bottom