• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters with that 'Natural Feel'

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Melee didn't get hacked, melee was dissected and the techs were discovered.

When Brawl was dissected, it was found that there was nothing inside, so programmers created Brawl+ in order to fill in the empty spots.

...on topic, Bowser oddly has a "natural feel". I guess it's the "HAMMER SMASH FACE" feel, but still...

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Falcon for my number one. Falco for my second who I rarely use now, CF is most maneuverable for me, and Falco's move set is easier to use that Fox's because Falco's aerials give more flinch. *well atleast the spike*

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well let's see here... I personally want to destroy everybody in smash, Ganon wants to conquer Hyrule. (Similar? Hell ya!) I look like Ganon. I have the desert blood in me since I am Algerian lol. Ganon = Gerudo Desert. I like to crush people, Ganon crushes people in smash with all his moves... Umm ya very natural to me hahaha.

Eyce Theon

Smash Cadet
I really, really wish Yoshi could jump out of shield... sigh. so dumb.

he would be so fun to mess around with too.

they should have at least made his roll wtf fast to make up for it, but NOOO
Yoshi's real fun to mess with as it is, but because he's so severely DIFFERENT from the rest of the cast, not similar with querks. A strong move hitting Yoshi's lightshield is so lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master
for some reason, whenever i play pikachu, it seems like he's the character that i was meant to play, and it does feel really "natural" to play him.

lately i've been playing a lot of falco, and it feels so smooth when i play him too, but i don't think i'll ever get the same feeling as when i play pikachu. pikachu's definately my #1 character =)

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I played fox for about 2 years, then I pick peach, and she is just as good as my fox within less than a couple weeks. I was a natural peach player. Whatever you are good at outside of smash, transfers to the game.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I strongly believe in picking who you like, rather than just the top characters. I love Falco's techs and I know he's better than Roy, but I love Roy and even started missing his feel back when I played Brawl.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
Usually the first characters people play when they get melee are Link because well you know Link is pretty cool, Mario because everybody has to try out mario, Bowser because he just looks so **** cool and a couple i'm forgetting.
Once the player starts noticing this huge competive scene they drop their characters because they rank low on tournaments not sudden but slowly they do.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I played fox for about 2 years, then I pick peach, and she is just as good as my fox within less than a couple weeks. I was a natural peach player. Whatever you are good at outside of smash, transfers to the game.
what criteria are you basing this on?
i.e. have you done as well with your peach as your fox in tournament/s, or is it just "oh I go even with my friends with both characters"?

plus there's the fact that you can get good with one character, then pick up a secondary fairly quickly by applying all you learned with your 1st character to the new one

Tezushi

Smash Rookie
(My 'Natural Feel')

Yeah, as the 'Natural Feel' I get when playing Fox on FD or any of the Non-movement stages; I get the urge to play the best I can or atleast attempt to. Between the 6 months of practice off & on, everytime I play as Fox, I can feel the energy of technicalness flow through me, or something like that.

Atleast more 'Natural Feel' then the first couple months of the competitive gameplay, by a longshot...

DRD

Smash Lord
Doc; my main wasn't chosen for competitiveness

One day I picked Doc and it just stuck, I doubt I could do better with another character.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
needless to say, I really take the whole "Mario reflects the skill of the player" thing to heart.

Zone

Smash Champion
I think I kind of get what you're trying to say. I take Marth Fox Falcon Falco Shiek very seriously. and I play them fairly well. However, Unless i'm feeling extra technical one day. Fox doesn't feel natural. If I'm landing almost everything I want, then he feels really natural to me. However it's getting that consistent that's the problem. I seem to go from 90% consistent to what I want to do to 40%. Zelda, Falcon, Marth, Falco on the other hand. I don't think I hardly mess up tech skill with them, I feel more comfortable, mainly because I feel more in control. But my Fox still puts out a better winning streak, even though I feel less in control of him.

But to be honest, I think experience makes you feel more natural.

The natural feel comes after you get more control. The character choice thing could be just cuz you started with Ness and your other character and showed more winning progress because you stumbled accross more effective strategies faster than other characters. That's what I believe anyways.

Btw, does anyone in the world besides maybe 2 people feel natural with Yoshi? He's probably the most unique character to play out of all of them. He doesn't have simple jump, fast fall, l cancel. he's got double jump use armor frames to bypass an attack, Aerial into fast fall L-cancel. And all kinds of awkward feel to being able to do things. I know mewtwo has the same kind of jump, But he doesn't feel as awkward as yoshi still.

0Room

Smash Lord
Falcon is personally the easiest to pick up for me.
Perhaps it was because I originally played Brawl and BOUGHT Melee FOR Falcon.
But he's just very slick, fluid, and has a lot of possibilities, and that I can use a lot of those easily.
Also, I have been playing him almost nonstop for a while now so eh.

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
Falcon, only because he's fast.
Technically, I like Snake and Ike more, but when your rusty, because I don't smash everyday, their slowness messes you up.
I like to warm up with Falcon, then switch to my higher tiers.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Btw, does anyone in the world besides maybe 2 people feel natural with Yoshi? He's probably the most unique character to play out of all of them. He doesn't have simple jump, fast fall, l cancel. he's got double jump use armor frames to bypass an attack, Aerial into fast fall L-cancel. And all kinds of awkward feel to being able to do things. I know mewtwo has the same kind of jump, But he doesn't feel as awkward as yoshi still.
I'm pretty good with Yoshi. I use him oftern, and I actually got more adapted with him than I did with Ness, and I thought it was going to be the other way around.

OrangeMewtwo1337

Smash Cadet
I don't feel completely natural with Mewtwo although I play him the most, I think Shiek is the one I have no problem controlling.

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
Hm. This is probably why I never really got into melee. Nobody feels quite "natural". The only smash character that's felt natural to me is wario, and he's from brawl.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
2 characters popped out at me, before i even knew smash had tourney's and stuff. Marth and M2. Idk, just my tech and general game play is so much smoother with them than anyone else.
I can't seem to get that smoothness as anyone else though. I've been trying to improve with Falco for like 6 months, but i'm getting no where XD

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's definitely Mario for me. I've been playing Sheik and especially Mario since 64. I can play extremely well with Mario and yet...my doc kinda blows in comparison. I recently tried to start using Fox, Falcon, Marth, Falco and some of the other more amazing characters. However it all seems forced. I can't "Get off" as the WC commentators would say. I must say though Falcon is starting to become more natural of a character for me after adjusting to his speed. Characters I can't ever play with are Link, Peach, Yoshi, Mewtwo and Gannon. I just CAN'T do it. I tried and I epic Fail. I can barely beat lvl 9 cpu's with them :(.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow...for some reason PICHU feels natural. Maybe using "truestyle" (think: Brawl-like), Pichu fits that mould better than others. And you can't help but laugh no matter what you do with Pichu (whether it be running circles around your opponent, or getting KOed at 70% by a stray tilt).

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
One of the things that I love about Smash is that everybody has a natural feel for at least one character. Some people have natural feels for many characters, but I like how everybody is individual and different in who they're "born to play."

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I first mained Yoshi, back in the 64 days and the first few months of Melee. Then one day, I woke up and decided I was going to be Samus. I tried her out, and everything just clicked, like it felt like this is who I was ment to main. I can meteor smash and perform other aerial attacks perfectly, I'd say 98% of the time. It just feels so natural... Then Brawl had to go and screw it all up by making Samus as light as a f**king feather.

I agree about Fox and Ganondorf... Even though Fox is small, he seems pretty heavy and quick at the same time. Fox and Ganondorf are some of the few characters I have no hope in playing as.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Probably jiggs. Always feel like I'm in control with jiggs. Always found Ganon more fun to play with though.

Top Bottom