• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters with that 'Natural Feel'

Tazumili

Smash Cadet
Do you guys have any characters that feel particularly natural to you? Like you just feel you were born to play this character?

For me; Ice Climbers or Ness. I move much more fluently with said characters than any others with little effort. Fox is a nightmare for me to play, and don't even get me started with Ganondorf.

Some may argue that some characters take a lot of practice before you get that natural feel. I don't think this is the case. Many think that Ness is an especially annoying character to play with, and others I've spoken to feel that Jiggs is their 'natural' character.

So, who do you have that natural feel for?

GodFed

Smash Apprentice
For natural feel, I go Roy or (sometimes) Marth, then down to Link. I love Falco, but he's more technical to me to use, not as natural as I would want him to be. I have to work to make him natural, but he's so much cooler to use.

Oracle

Smash Master
Luigi and falco for some reason feel natural to me. all of that aggressive shl'ing and shine combos came with very little practive, and for luigi, I never need to practice and i can do everything consistently

Sheik also came naturally, but come on. It's sheik

Rat

Smash Lord
Doctor Mario
Moving around with Captain Falcon just feels good. (man that sentence is gay)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Falcon and Fox came pretty natural to me. I had to adjust to play Falco and Jiggs.

Vro

Smash Lord
I believe the game was based around Falcon. I mean, he runs, jumps, and combos so naturally, amirite?

joeplicate

Smash Master
I think that the character which feels the most "natural" to you is the one you play the most.

I used to think that Peach felt really natural to me (I main fox), but then go and play your natural character with someone good who knows the matchup.

You'll get frustrated and switch back to fox =/

Pi

Smash Hero
I really only have Samus.

I picked up mario pretty clean, but even the top tiers don't fair as well as my samus does. I know dis ***** inside and out, which is probably due to my history playing her.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I would say Link felt the most natural to me. But that might be because he felt a bit stiffer to me, and I was used to the first Smash Bros.

Captain Falcon, as well as other characters, felt unnatural at first thanks to them being more slippy than in the previous game. But you get used to characters the more you play, and now that I have adjusted to the speed change, Falcon is the most natural to me.

Fletch

Smash Master
Even though I main Fox normally, Ganon definitely feels the most natural to me, I never have trouble with doing anything with him except maybe ledge-wavelanding.

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
Well, Falcon is the most natural for me, but part of that is probably the fact that i practice with him so much and i learned all of my ATs with him.

Aside from him, Luigi seems pretty natural to me. For the most part im terrible with floaty characters and i have no control over them but Luigis one of my best characters.

DK_047

Smash Cadet
me too, luigi is pretty easy to use and has good aerial combos. I also like bowser

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Peach just has that flow for me. She's not a particularly technical character, but you can get pretty technical with FC's and all, so I tend to oscilate between the two depending on how I'm playing.
Falco just flows for me. The lazers just seem to be like water flowing through a grooved path, like I know what I'm doing.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Falcon feels very natural.

Luigi is probably the most natural for me, as I have been playing him all my life.

But Marth is pretty natural too.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think that the character which feels the most "natural" to you is the one you play the most.
This pretty much. I suppose it would be someone who fits into your playstyle the most as well. I know Fox and Falcon feel more natural then playing Peach. I guess for me, it has a lot to do with the fluidity of a character to give me that "natural feel."

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Marth and Falco, interestingly enough. Once I got down some of the tech skill, Falco just felt really natural. Marth was natural from the outset. I also play Falcon, who didn't feel 'natural' until recently. He's always been hard for me to control, but I'm getting the hang of it.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Before I played competitively it was Marth. When I play Marth, my movements feel very fluid and smooth, but I still play better with Fox.

Since I've played Fox so much, anything technical now becomes really easy to me and picking up Falco has been a cinch. Plus, after playing for a bit, combo-ing and moonwalking with Falcon it just so fun.

But, if I had to pick one character it would probably be Marth.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Its weird, fox feels natural for me and i know that ill probs be more successful if I use but i just cant force myself away from jiggs

I remember the first time i tried fox after learning tech skill and he just seemed to glide fluently around the stage

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
I dunno...it's a tie between Falco and M2. M2 has a "smooth" feeling, while Falco is more "burst". I dunno, it's hard to explain.

joeplicate

Smash Master
How many people are talking about "most natural" vs a level 1 computer, or most natural vs a good player.

I think the 2nd one is more important.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
How many people are talking about "most natural" vs a level 1 computer, or most natural vs a good player.

you got a point there dude,i feel nasty vs a computer with falco,but with captain is exactly the opposite,when playing with a real person my falco just cant do as well as my captain,probably due to pressure isues.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace

I took the question to be more about which character you have the easiest time with in any given situation, where you can press the buttons and feel really good, where you get them in your hands and every input you give comes out just the way you expected it to.

In other words, it should apply to either.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah same as spongebathbill, i wasnt really limiting my opinion to just competetive matches, just how i felt when i first picked fox up in friendlies, then moved to training, then competetive matches, everything just felt smooth and natural.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Link Falco and Bowser mainly It feels natural for me to play mid weights/heavy weights. I have trouble playing marth/Samus because they are light but for some reason peach and jiggly feel somewhat natural for me to play though. Anyway I dropped bowser cause he sucks even at full potential and I dropped falco cause he is really boring to me for some reason. I play Link/Ganon and I am working on Samus because I just really like the character Natural feel or not.

Top Bottom