Characters Who Have Less Support Than You'd Expect

Is there anybody here that thinks it's a absolute crime that Wonder-Red has been left to the wayside? Anyone at all?
It's absolutely disappointing since he has plenty to make a fun fighter with, but his game didn't fare too well so it makes sense he would be overlooked.

Fatmanonice

Unironically mains weird characters.
NNID
Fatmanonice
Rayman is the big one because I feel like his support freakin' evaporated after Kingdom Battle came out. He went from being one of the most wanted third party characters to someone who is just sort of brought up every once in a while. Tetra and Impa are others but I feel like Skull Kid is largely to blame for that. It probably also has to do with the strong possibility that they would be echoes/semi clones of Toon Link and Sheik respectively too. Finally, despite being huge in Japan, Yokai Watch doesn't really have Smash support anywhere. I personally think Jibanyan would be a perfect fit for Smash but there's hardly any community pull for him.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I've said this in different threads, but I'll say it again: Style Savvy rep.

I'm talking about a recent, relatively popular first-party series that originated in the DS era (which lacks playable reps in Smash), that has made four games thus far that caters towards a demographic that Smash doesn't try to cater to. In other words, Smash would benefit from Style Savvy and vice versa. Moreover, Style Savvy managed to get two songs and a trophy in Smash, which isn't a simple feat. Style Savvy is all about character customization and costumes, which was a big part of the previous Smash entry. Additionally, a Style Savvy rep would most likely have a fun and unique playstyle because they are a non-combatant.

But nooo. The fans want some obscure character from some game that came out over a decade or two ago because they look cool or something. That's not a jab at anyone, but it's mind-boggling to me how little support Style Savvy has when it checks almost every arbitrary qualification for character representation imaginable. First party? Recent? Relevant? Offers something unique? Has been featured in Smash Bros. in some way previously? Is from a series that doesn't have any playable reps yet? All of the above.
I'm surprised I found another person who wants a Style Savvy rep. I never played the games but my friend was really into it.

Is there anybody here that thinks it's a absolute crime that Wonder-Red has been left to the wayside? Anyone at all?
That surprises me too. Wonderful 101 as a whole is really underrated and Wonder Red is a really charming. Surprised he doesn't get more attention.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
Premium
Rankings Team
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW 4624 0132 9722
Definitely seconding this regarding Mallow. Everyone tries to justify Geno's potetnial inclusion as 'SMRPG was really really important' but then there's absolutely zero love for Mallow who is Geno's equivalent.
Seen more love for Boshi, although we can chalk that up to Zinith Zinith being super passionate about him.

Springman, and even Rex get far less love than I'd have assumed.

Isabelle got far less love than was due, but she actually made it in so I'm not sure if she counts or not now to this thread.
I'm just getting started...

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised I found another person who wants a Style Savvy rep. I never played the games but my friend was really into it.

That surprises me too. Wonderful 101 as a whole is really underrated and Wonder Red is a really charming. Surprised he doesn't get more attention.
The tragic thing was that there was a campaign for him to get in during the smash 4 era, but now everyone has just up and seemingly left, just because the iron isn't hot anymore. Did Bayonetta getting in take some of his appeal away?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
I can sort of see that with Wonder Red. Though the game itself didn't sell a ton of copies, so maybe he didn't garner enough fans like his Capcom counterpart Viewtiful Joe did to get in TvC and MvC3.

Rayman I agree on. You'd think getting in as a trophy would bolster up fans, but it didn't, maybe because of that Rabbids game. I don't think many people would mind him, not my first choice, but the guy's pretty popular, so I hope his fans keep supporting him.