• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Your scoring system may be flawed.

Mario is currently ranked above Luigi even though his performance has been strictly worse in the tournaments you've entered into your records.
He's had 6 top8s and 2 top4s, whereas Luigi has had 4 top8s, 2 top4s, but a top2 and a win. You can see this as Luigi having made a top2 and a win where Mario had two top8s.

Yes, I see your mark about larger tourneys counting for more (interesting you weight the cost of the tourney. . .), but what's the specific deal here? I would think that your weighting system should make the win and finals match count for enough to turn some heads even if Luigi's tourneys were smaller.

EDIT: and lawl, Meta Knight is 1337.
If people played Luigi and some other character, Luigi would only get half the points he normally would. Don't forget about that.

Charoo

Smash Champion
breloom is amazing. That thing packs a punch literally

herasauce is cooler than breloom though

do u play shoddy battle chok? Regular ds ones? We should play *go find my diamond game*

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my team is arcanine, mixpert DDmence, blissey, weavile, breloom(aka captain falcon)

i lead with arcanine because he is my favorite pokemon... i'd rather use my favorite pokemon than always have a boring totally OU team

i put weavile in all my teams, but it seems he's not working to his best abilities in this one... he seems kind of stand-alone and filler... any suggestions? i use jolly life orb weavile without swords dance... maybe i should put swords dance lol

i seem to be having the most trouble with gengars (especially subbing ones) and celebi... is there any pokemon that can replace weavile who can still fare against those two, and also take on garchomp? i have no idea... weavile seems like a great counter, maybe i just have hard time switching him in (which i rarely do because of 25% stealth rock dmg and he's sooo fragile even from being hit by a shadow ball which he barely resists)

ITT pokemon discussion > brawl ranking discussion

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fire/flying, ice/flying, bug/flying

get ***** by stealth rock

SR seriously eliminated so many pokemon from the metagame

except yanmega he's pretty good : )

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
pokemon...? heh heh..

I like to play for fun sometimes, but I dont have godly pokemon...I just collect shinies....my team is..

Shiny Hitmonlee (favorite pokemon)
Shiny Metagross
Shiny Flygon
Shiny Medicham
Shiny Mewtwo
Shiny Espeon

might not be that good but I really just collect shinies, dont really play competitive, I like going on wifi and showing people my shinies sometimes (I have more too) but thats it...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
if I only have a top 6 can I still post tourney results? I dont know who 7th and 8th used.

EDIT: whatever, ill just post some different results.

Chula Vista Weekly XI

Number of entrants: 25-30 not sure
Entry fee: 7$, 2$ venue
Where it was: Chula Vista, Havokz House.
Top 8:

Hall: (Snake)
Edress: (Peach/Ness)
Bone: (Peach)
Awex: (Olimar)
EZKL: (toon Link/MetaKnight)
Havok: (Marth)
Gishnak: (Game and Watch)
Burtnsockz: (Yoshi)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148906
^^^^
other chula vista weekly results there too....I could post them when I have time.
Just to make it clear, I only used Ness in the final, and I lost it. Every set I won was with Peach, so give all the points to Peach.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
that list was helpful, wow @ meta-knight. but what tournaments are you including? Is it mostly just ones posted on this site?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey, some tourney resultsssss!

1) Reflex (PT)
2) Desu (D3)
3) Kismet (Falco)
4) Biglou (Luigi)
5) Ice (Zelda)
5) Dynomite (MK)
7) Crio (Ness)
7) Don't remember the name. (ROB)
---------
Gamer's Edge weekly 8/14
1) Sushi-Man (MK)
2) ARS (Snake)
3) NEO (ROB)
4) Jman (Sonic
4) Devin (Marth)
4)?(?)
7)Crio (Ness)
7) Kackamee (IC's)
------------
PnT Tourney
1) I've Jihad It (Snake)
2) Ptown (Ike)
3) Kidd 01(Peach)
4) Ranson (Snake)
5) Some falco player. (Falco)
6) Crio (Ness)
7) Kidd01's brother (DK)
7) Decoy (Pikachu)
---------
Gamer's Edge Tourney 8.21
1) I've Jihad It (Snake)
2) Sushi-Man (MK)
3) JoeC (DK)
4) Ptown (Ike)
5) Crio (Ness)
6) ARS (Snake)
6) Devin (Marth)
8) Jman (Sonic)
---------

1) Ali / I've Jihad it (Snake)
2) Ptown (Ike)
3) EvilShortness (Ness) (Zomgwtf!)
4) Gil (Lucario)
5) ARS (Snake/Falcon)
5) JoeC (DK)
7) Crio (Ness)
7) Jman (Sonic)

1) Ryanarius (Pit)
2) I've Jihad it (Snake)
3) Ptown (Ike)
4) Khai (Toon Link)
5) Crio (Ness)
5) ARS (Snake)
7) Devin (Marth)
7) Kackamee (IC's)

Gamers Edge Tournies
Tournament Size: 23
Tournament Location: Gamer's Edge Cafe, Fort Mill, SC
Cost: $10.
thread link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187473&page=10

Play N trade Tournies
Size: 30
Cost:$10
thread link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189083

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I have a shiny metagross with good IVs actually, lucky me. I love him dearly.

As for Choknater's team, I recommend you get a physical wall in there. You have a lot of of physical weak pokes (unless you're mixpert is also your tank, which seems a little odd). My favorite physical wall right now is Hippowden, but if you run Hippowden you'd probably want to switch out Salamence for Garchomp(With Outrage, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Substitute. *Brightpowder). If you just want to replace Weavile though: Swellow is a nice pokemon with Guts abuse and Endeavor holding a Flame Orb. You might give that a try? The problem there is, then 4 of your pokemon can be killed by a single water/ice type. =/ Also, one that can fight, Gengar and Garchomp? There's like, only Weavile for that sadly. Cresselia can pull it off too though, so you might look into the aquisition of an Anti-chomp Cresselia.

EDIT: Actually, looking over you team I see that since you have trouble getting Weavile in, you should consider dropping Swampert for a Physical Wall that has rapid Spin. Forretress comes to mind (since his fire weakness can also be baited allowing Arcanine practically a free switch in). forretress also can set up your team's own Stealth Rock as well as spikes or toxic spikes. If Forretress comes in to wall an attack though, they will probably switch to a special attacker to OHKO him allowing you a free switch in of Weavile on the same turn (this is especially usefull if you know the attacker is Weavile weak like Gengar)

Erm...anyway yeah Brawl. Love that Brawl. I can't remember ever seeing a character who was dominating a fighting game's tournament scene to this extent single handedly since....well I guess it would be MvC2, but it doesn't really count since it was three person teams. It's actually quite worrisome.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi's starting to place in tourneys more, and I think I see slightly less top tier characters, diversity FTW!

Browny

Smash Hater
so yeah guys, that pokemon team joke got old yesterday.

any confirmation on what happened with azens character at CH4. iirc (only going off what i read from shoutouts) he only used MK and peach once. ankokus message at thet start says he only cares what mains they used, not if you used CF for one match while MK for the remainder of the tourney, this is similar. Even if it was the final where he pulled them out is that enough to warrant the points equally split between those three?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I call shenanigans on Sonic's placing.
HOBO 8 (late July, still within the last two months) 3rd out of 88, alone counts for more points than he alledgedly has now.
Whatever, this has been brought up before and ignored and so in turn this will probably be ignored.
Why do we bother?

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
HOBO 8 (late July, still within the last two months) 3rd out of 88, alone counts for more points than he alledgedly has now.
Whatever, this has been brought up before and ignored and so in turn this will probably be ignored.
Why do we bother?
QFT

10chars

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I have a shiny metagross with good IVs actually, lucky me. I love him dearly.

EDIT: Actually, looking over you team I see that since you have trouble getting Weavile in, you should consider dropping Swampert for a Physical Wall that has rapid Spin. Forretress comes to mind (since his fire weakness can also be baited allowing Arcanine practically a free switch in). forretress also can set up your team's own Stealth Rock as well as spikes or toxic spikes. If Forretress comes in to wall an attack though, they will probably switch to a special attacker to OHKO him allowing you a free switch in of Weavile on the same turn (this is especially usefull if you know the attacker is Weavile weak like Gengar)

My shiny metagross is...ok.

fortress sounds like a really good idea....moveset should be spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock, and then maybe Explosion?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Why do we bother?
Months go out all at once. Deal with it. Ankoku should not be expected to say "Hmm, this tournament goes out exactly today, lemme waste my time making sure I need to cut off each tournament the exact date." He shouldn't be expected to have to do such a thing and there was a similar question a while ago when it came to Jigglypuff. Once September hit, all of July was tossed out. Right now, only August and September count. Pay attention to how things work people.

cutter

Smash Champion
lol we're talking about Pokemon. Personally I stopped playing it like 5 years ago after Ruby/Sapphire because I just stopped playing. I still kinda follow it though and I understand the competitive play right now. I find it hilarious people are crying for Garchomp to be banned. That's like wanting to get Bitterblossom banned in MTG.

Funny how there are so many SWF members that are really into pokemon but I don't see many MTG players. Either that or they're hiding in the shadows.

Charoo

Smash Champion
gligar is the most baller pokemon in history. I have gliscor in my team just because he's the evolution of gligar. He can also take freaking physical ice moves and survive. Now that is too good.

oh yeah, can't wiat for next update. More falcon point right?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
lol we're talking about Pokemon. Personally I stopped playing it like 5 years ago after Ruby/Sapphire because I just stopped playing. I still kinda follow it though and I understand the competitive play right now. I find it hilarious people are crying for Garchomp to be banned. That's like wanting to get Bitterblossom banned in MTG.

Funny how there are so many SWF members that are really into pokemon but I don't see many MTG players. Either that or they're hiding in the shadows.
Maybe some of us are...

Anyway, the comparison of Bitterblossom to Garchomp is horrible. People wanted Garchomp banned because he was such an overwhelming force in the meta that he was in almost every team. Wizards bans cards for this same reason. If a card becomes so good that it becomes included in a disproportionately large portion of the decks in a format, it is banned. (see half the reasoning for banning SDT) Bitterblossom is good, but it isn't in every deck. There are plenty of viable decks that don't use bitterblossom and don't need it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
garchomp deserved the ban on smogon imo

however, it's kinda sad for garchomp

he was a beast in standard, but not that great in ubers (way inferior to other dragons like palkia, the latis, and especially rayquaza)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom