• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi made it to D tier, maybe he'll gain C again.

Glad to see Mario moving up, ha to Sonic and Ike, although Ike doesn't exactly belongthere, maybe Sonic, but now that low.

Wow, I'm actually seeing some tourneys without Snake or MetaKnight, yay diversity!

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥ Wow, Peach just keeps climbing the charts.;) I'm not sure if I should take it as a good thing or bad thing.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ankoku could you check over your numbers for sonic again...

by my calculations m getting 32.3 points for the previous 2 months, assuming for people listed as using three characters, the points were spread across those three. mr 3000 at hobo 8 accounts for 22 points by himself which was within 2 months.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If a Raquaza gets a DD/Swords Dance up and your Dragon Resist is dead, He'll pretty much destroy anything with outrage.

I suppose you could use arceus as a god tier for MK then. I still like LOLquaza more.
roflol you can kill that with a level 1 rattata holding a Focus Band with the moves Quick attack, and Endeavor. Epic fail. The best part is that because Rayqua is using Outrage he can't switch moves to Extreme Speed to hit Rattata before he gets "gimped". on the other hand Arceus often Runs a Normal Boosting item with Substitute/Swords Dance/Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw for much of the same effect.

Edit: Holy Christ Metaknight has been a busy little ball of death these last two months.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
CH4 said:
Singles
1: Azen Zagenite (Lucario/MetaKnight)
2: Mew2King (MetaKnight)
3: Seibrik/Snakekiller3000 (King Dedede)
4: G-regulate (Snake)
5: Chillindude829 (Metaknight/Falco)
5: KingAce (MetaKnight)
7: Ninjalink (Diddy Kong)
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers)
Didn't Azen use Peach aswell?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
roflol you can kill that with a level 1 rattata holding a Focus Band with the moves Quick attack, and Endeavor. Epic fail. The best part is that because Rayqua is using Outrage he can't switch moves to Extreme Speed to hit Rattata before he gets "gimped". on the other hand Arceus often Runs a Normal Boosting item with Substitute/Swords Dance/Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw for much of the same effect.

Edit: Holy Christ Metaknight has been a busy little ball of death these last two months.
I'm pretty sure the Rayquaza's Extremespeed would beat Rattata's Quick Attack. And after that the next 5 Rayquazas can just Extremespeed and you'll be at a strict disadvantage.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
if I only have a top 6 can I still post tourney results? I dont know who 7th and 8th used.

EDIT: whatever, ill just post some different results.

Chula Vista Weekly XI

Number of entrants: 25-30 not sure
Entry fee: 7$, 2$ venue
Where it was: Chula Vista, Havokz House.
Top 8:

Hall: (Snake)
Edress: (Peach/Ness)
Bone: (Peach)
Awex: (Olimar)
EZKL: (toon Link/MetaKnight)
Havok: (Marth)
Gishnak: (Game and Watch)
Burtnsockz: (Yoshi)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148906
^^^^
other chula vista weekly results there too....I could post them when I have time.

asob4

Smash Champion
Small Local tourney
$3 entrance
19 entrants
9/7/08
Palmdale, CA

1. DQ - Luigi
2. Skank - Olimar
3. iHero - Falco/Snake/Meta Knight
4. Lite - Donkey Kong/Kirby
5. 4BDN - Meta Knight
5. Dark - Fox
7. Pncho - Diddy Kong
7. Aphro - GnW/DeDeDe

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the Rayquaza's Extremespeed would beat Rattata's Quick Attack. And after that the next 5 Rayquazas can just Extremespeed and you'll be at a strict disadvantage.

When you choose Outrage, you aren't allowed to switch moves until the outrage finishes over the course of 2-5 turns. Rayquaza kills what it comes out against, Rattate switches in for free, revenge kills it and laughs it's little rat *** off. Also, you arent allowed to run more than one of the same pokemon in competitive pokemon. Also I run Shedinja in Ubers for the simple reason of being able to wall sweeper sets like that infinitely. Oh and choknater is right, nobody plays uber anymore. Garchomp is the gayest thing. It should be LOLchomp tier.

(For the record, Rayquaza is actually uncommon in Uber due to failing to so many of the other ubers because of his weakness being one of the most common attack types in the game, in uber's it's all lame substitute sweepers, Choice Scarf Kyogres and that crap)

Browny

Smash Hater
Ankoku could you check over your numbers for sonic again...

by my calculations m getting 32.3 points for the previous 2 months, assuming for people listed as using three characters, the points were spread across those three. mr 3000 at hobo 8 accounts for 22 points by himself which was within 2 months.
bumping for justice...

Charoo

Smash Champion
just replace metaknight with mewtwo

most pokemon can defeat another pokemon if the other player is stupid. You wont see rattata beat rayquaza if both player know what they r doing. Why don't u just give rayquaza a move that hit twice or give him a berry to increase his hp. Now rattata can't kill him if he have like 40hp. He doesn't need outrage to take out rattata. Just extreme speed twice haha.

Wabuffet is where it's at if u really wanna be gay

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
When you choose Outrage, you aren't allowed to switch moves until the outrage finishes over the course of 2-5 turns.
Outrage? A LOLquaza's stats are as follows:

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 speed
Extremespeed
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Outrage? A LOLquaza's stats are as follows:

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 speed
Extremespeed
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch
You're using a set that was not previously mentioned by the original post that I was responding to in which they clearly said Dragon Dance/Outrage set, therefore I cannot be held responsible for not providing the counter for this set. (lulz Focus Sash/Counter Blissey for OHKO is the funniest one)

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
It's been brought up before, but considering that Zelda and Sheik are now a full tier below Zelda/Shiek, shouldn't they simply be considered suboptimal ways of playing the single character Zelda/Shiek (and thus have all thier points consolidated into one character)?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Rohins' samus baby

guys stop talking about ubers:

Breloom is amazing.
Toxic orb
spore, subseed, focus (falcon) punch

free sleep if opponent is slower, free sub, scout switch, free fpunch or seed. there are some good counters but you can counter em back if you got a good team.

breloom's one of my favorite pokemon

switches in on earthquake baby, ***** swampert, ***** hippowdon, blissey, anything slow... etc

gengar, celebi are good counters but screw them

clowsui

Smash Legend
actually, i play with a couple guys who do really well with samus, but they just dont use her in tournies, they always play snakes and metaknights and falcos =/
this doesn't mean anything. all it means is that your friends' samuses are unproven and that they might as well be not playing samus.

xyro, in order to reach top, has to beat Dojo and Sethlon...who play MK and Falco. GASP!

I don't remember who in TX plays snake but yeah. don't claim your friends are good with samus until they can prove it -_-

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Your scoring system may be flawed.

Mario is currently ranked above Luigi even though his performance has been strictly worse in the tournaments you've entered into your records.
He's had 6 top8s and 2 top4s, whereas Luigi has had 4 top8s, 2 top4s, but a top2 and a win. You can see this as Luigi having made a top2 and a win where Mario had two top8s.

Yes, I see your mark about larger tourneys counting for more (interesting you weight the cost of the tourney. . .), but what's the specific deal here? I would think that your weighting system should make the win and finals match count for enough to turn some heads even if Luigi's tourneys were smaller.

EDIT: and lawl, Meta Knight is 1337.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Rohins' samus baby

guys stop talking about ubers:

Breloom is amazing.
Toxic orb
spore, subseed, focus (falcon) punch

free sleep if opponent is slower, free sub, scout switch, free fpunch or seed. there are some good counters but you can counter em back if you got a good team.

breloom's one of my favorite pokemon

switches in on earthquake baby, ***** swampert, ***** hippowdon, blissey, anything slow... etc

gengar, celebi are good counters but screw them

Okay...I was starting to read the post and I was liek "Wtf?", skipped the weird words...and they were still there...then I realized you were talking about Pokemon LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom