• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I hosted a tournament a few weeks ago with my friends, none of them post on Smashboards, but we did play for money (albeit a small prize). So we don't have a link, since all of it was organized through texting/word of mouth. It was a pretty good tournament on the whole. Got to the finals against my friend, but Dedede is tough to beat, so I finished second.

Since we had an ugly number (14 of us), we did a round robin with all of us, playing all the matches. The highest seed there played the lowest seed in the first round, and the winner automatically advanced to the semi-finals, who would ultimately win the whole tournament. I managed to beat him in round robin play (On Final Destination, 1-0), but he stepped it up for the finals and beat me 2-1, beating me in Rounds 1 & 3, Battlefield & Smashville, and I beat him on Delfino Plaza.

TOURNAMENT: Dan's House Tourney I
LINK: N/A
DATE: June 5th, 2010
LOCALE: Northeast (New York)
ENTRANTS: 14
ENTRY: $5.00
1 Kevin - :dedede: ($50)
2 Tomato - :ness2: ($15)
3 Zach - :popo:($5)
4 Tyler - :falco:
5 Mike - :pikachu2:
5 John :wolf:
7 Rob :ganondorf:
7 Sean :link2:

Goombadude3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-8329-5911
Kirby is a C lister????? I know this is based off of stats and results and stuff but i am a freakin good kirby. He can be every character and use usually there best attack,which in my mind is B attack. If people don't use kirby then they cant get used to any of his hidden surprises. I have fought every character(lvl 9) at least 20 times so i know what do expect and how to use there B attack to my advantage, esspecialy aganst snake.

Also,yay first post!

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Level 9 computers and real people are two completely different things. If you go to the Kirby forums and read up on Kirby's match-ups 1-on-1 against other characters, and then look at his results in tournaments, you'll see why he's at C.

If you want Kirby to be higher, just go to tournaments and try to bring him up. ;)

Goombadude3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-8329-5911
Yeah i know,i have only 1 friend who actually plays brawl alot so im just used to lvl 9's. and i want to go to tournys but i dont know of any local place in michigan who host em

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
there tourneys all the time in ann arbor that feature some of the most skilled players in the country. How far are you from there?

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
You act like I made it completely myself and it wasn't devised from the majority opinions of the bbr members. :bee:

Out of all the current A tiers... ICs have definitely been the least..... ....
least.
Regardless, your post there completely contradicts a project developed by the current authority on SWF. Many people, veterans and newcomers alike, reference that list for the status of the current metagame, when deciding how characters compare to one another. You saying that the 5th best character in the game (for all intents and purposes) is unviable leads me to question the accuracy of the list in its entirety.

Especially when you have someone like McGriddles (totally stole that from ADHD ;)) placing top 3 at a national with a character a full ten spots below the IC's

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Are you saying you take the tier list seriously?! Olololololololawlawlawlawlawl!!!!!!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Psh, that'll be too little MK soon(It's amazing that it isn't all MK by now, but within the next few months)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom