• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
BigLou's trying out Meta Knight?

Only a matter of time now.
I feel sorry for you Luigis.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
its still not easy though. we can pivot grab almost everything he has if spaced correctly, we have a good projectile, and our air speed helps us get out or in if we must. we are also decent at recovering due to multiple jumps and mixups plus super armor. overall, we lose, but this isnt one of those 'you win just cuz yur mk' matchups. it requires patience and skill on their part. emphasis on the patience. plus we have a cg and a gr into usmash for a kill at 120%

Chuee

Smash Hero
Some time late last year in a thread or something Bwett said the Yoshi vs MK MU ranged from 60-40 to 65-35. If I remember correctly he was one of the top Yoshi's back then.
A MU of that ratio should be fairly easy if both players know the MU.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its 60:40 and yes yoshi loses I just said that MK doesn't END yoshi, yoshi still has a chance, just not near as good as mk does

Chuee

Smash Hero
In that case Ganon has a chance vs MK.
but anyways, I don't think he meant MK vs Yoshi was an auto win =/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
They still have Boss, plus Big Lou isn't quitting luigi xD
Boss is taking a slightly alternate route to mk.

Whooooo!! WHA-HOO look at me! Its'a Mario! Man I really love this character, he so cool, and peep that cape, its awesome!

Ok, so fluud isnt really all that useful, and Marios range isnt all that great. Ill just play luigi abit, cus theyre Brothers! He has the range and combo ability that I REALLY need...

*next tournament*
Lame, why is it so hard to get inside of people with luigi? Hes just so slow in the air and the shield pushback is really gay. I know! Ill throw some GAME AND WATCH in the mix. Those guys wont know what to do about that turtle! Ill definitely be turtle-y enough for the turtle club now.

*time passes*
Ok, so luigi can still **** the bad people that let me get to close range, but the g watch gimmicks arent really working any more, and everyone figured out how to get around the bair and smash attack spam. So what do I do now?
WAH-WAH WARIOOO! Hes so fat and greedy, its beast! I can just float around and dodge stuff in the air and than counter attack! Im untouchable! Fsmash super armor is like the best thing ever!

*eventually*
Man, everyone just camps my wario with snake and zones my luigi with marth... what the hell am I supposed to do about this? What character can I use thats fast enough to beat campers, has enough range to deal with swordies, and has a good enough recovery so that I never have to worry about getting gimped...?

as you can see from boss's history of tourney results, he is slowly but steadily making his way up the tier list. and its only a matter of time before he gets to the top

Also @ the yoshi discussion
What yall know about this overseas yoshi? this kid zudenka is clearly the most ballerific yoshi.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
K.I.D. Here's a little history lesson for you lol

Boss has been using Mario, Luigi, G&W, and Wario since the game came out.

He's been good with all four of those characters for a really long time, and is just now deciding to use them in tourney more often, besides He's beating really good players with them way before people OoS started noticing it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
K.I.D. Here's a little history lesson for you lol

Boss has been using Mario, Luigi, G&W, and Wario since the game came out.

He's been good with all four of those characters for a really long time, and is just now deciding to use them in tourney more often, besides He's beating really good players with them way before people OoS started noticing it.
I always read "OoS" as "out of shield," hahah.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Some players care about who can play a garbage character the best; while other players care about making that $ with the best characters.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I don't know! This is a competitive game. I enjoy winning in a competitive game.

Come to think of it. This is a competitive forum, where you go to read up on information and gain knowledge to get better at the game. In addition, this is the Character Rankings board, where you post player placings at Competitive tournaments.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Actually to answer the questions earlier I picked mk because I had completely stopped practicing with Luigi around early May and played only snake/mk, and a little falco. Mk gives me a lot of trouble so I tried to learn a bit about the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom