• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bair and pound can also kill at around 150ish especially on light chars. So let's see that's... I dunno 5 kill moves now?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So what exactly are you trying to point out here?
Are you saying that the MK/Jiggs match up isn't bad because she has "5 not really good kill moves" instead of "3 not very good kill moves"?

The problem is clear.
Jiggs isn't getting MK to 150% at the same rate at which MK will get her to kill percents.
Whilst Jiggs may have some good things going for her in terms of zoning (ala wario), that's just about it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
something i realised with puff is that when you talk kill moves, you cant talk normall %s from the middle of the stage, since a lot of the time fair is going to be killing at like 100 if she can hit you with it offstage.

not to mention she has great gimping ability, which helps her in just about every matchup EXCEPT mk

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You know what? I think that I'm going to go to sleep, then wake up in the mornig and laugh at how ridiculous I sounded cuz from what I'm hearing I'm not right at all lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
When I consider match ups the "rate a character gets X to death percents etc"

I think like this:
Snake v ANYONE.

WELL, Snake's broken. He should always get you to kill percent before vice versa - BUT WAIT.

IN COMES IN MARTH AND META KNIGHT. They have swords! Swords juggle heavy things for massiveeeeeeeee percent damage.
aww baby.

So as da kid points out, rarely would jigs even be able to abuse her "head shot" move against a character like MK.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Jiggz has f-smash, upsmash (which can cover good distance from a run), rollout, which can be useful at time (also, I think it has SAF at the start of her roll), sweet-spotted f/b-air. With her her d-air, you can keep moves from staling, or by alternating use of f-b-air. (It doesn't matter if you've used f-air 50 times, if you just switched to b-air the last ...10?15?times, the f-air can kill again.

I have no clue why people thinks she has anywhere *near* a good matchup with MK (I mean, she's like him, minus range, minus really good moveset), but she isn't too bad against diddy and peach.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I just won a tournament using about 33% jiggs. Her ONLY legit kill move is Fair. Rest is 2nd best but difficult to hit with. Everything else is too risky because of her light weight. It's really stupid when you can't risk a kill move at high percent because whiffing anything loses you a stock...

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
**** lol I go to sleep and THEN the discussion I want to happen spawns...

Anyway, I'm probably the biggest jiggz hater on the SWF right now and I have about 100 reasons why I feel that way. Buts here's about 5 or so...

1. Jiggz gets out prioritized by everyone. All of those kill moves you guys mentioned like fair bair fsmash upsmash all clank or lose to like 95% of the other attacks in the game. Her only good move in this regard is pound, which she unfortunately forecasts before she does it, making it terribly easy to predict and/or avoid.

2. Jiggz has less than zero range. Along with her no priority havin ***, she puts her self in immediate danger whenever she commits to an attack. I haven't seen her hit bubbles for her moves but I assume, based off of my personal experience, that she has the worst range of any character (correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Jiggz has no safe way of approach. The only way to play jiggz effectively is to air camp and bait their approaches. Now, her punishment game is decent (nothing to be afraid of, though). An aggressive Jiggz is one that's about to lose, but she is also terrible defensively, which brings me to point #...

4. Jiggz sucks defensively (which is detrimental in Brawl). First off, she has no good get the eff off me moves. Second, she is horrendous OOS. What options does she have? Jab to grab? Nair or Dair? For any of these to work the person has to be on top of your shield, or they have to be a slow *** behemoth like DK or Koopa.

5. Jiggz ground game is some bullchips. What's she got there? Fsmash and what else? I think people overrate her dash attack. Against a reasonably competent opponent, she might land that between 2-4 times in a match. I wouldn't consider that reliable at all. Her tilts are so bad, I actually lol when I see them (especially dtilt).

6. Jiggz gets ***** by everyone. Literally, all the characters. I could sit here and explain why I think every other character is better, but that would be a waste of my time. So who do you guys think Jiggz is better than? OMG I dare someone to say Zelda, too...

Browny

Smash Hater
2. Jiggz has less than zero range. Along with her no priority havin ***, she puts her self in immediate danger whenever she commits to an attack. I haven't seen her hit bubbles for her moves but I assume, based off of my personal experience, that she has the worst range of any character (correct me if I'm wrong.

Broken bair, ban imo. (The hitbox is actually out on that frame, the range of the move is the centre of the spark)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Jiggs doesn't really need safe moves when all she has to do is like run away for 8 minutes after hitting you one time. We need like, DMG to pick up jiggs.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I just won a tournament using about 33% jiggs. Her ONLY legit kill move is Fair. Rest is 2nd best but difficult to hit with. Everything else is too risky because of her light weight. It's really stupid when you can't risk a kill move at high percent because whiffing anything loses you a stock...
Vids or it didnt happen

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
HEERO Presents: Tupac Shakur Paradise [PSI 2] June 19th Results!
10 Entry
52 entrants

1: ADHD :diddy:
2: Nairo :metaknight:
3: Lots-o-Hugging Bear (Atomsk) :falco: :dedede:
4: Malcolm :wario:
5: Smooth Crimnal (Anti) :metaknight:
5: Shadow :metaknight:
7: Cheese :popo:
7: Will :dk:

bigman40

Smash Master
apparently im going to have to money match delta cod at apex or ssome other big tourney. (hes considered high level yoshi correct?)

i just cant see how sonic would lose to yoshi.

i mean, look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgNY9q9UnmA

both of us played badly at points in this and messed up some of our set ups. but that was one recorded match out of like 2 hours worth of games, and i think I only lost like 1 or 2 times, and most of them werent that close. not to hate on scatz, I think hes madd beast. but I think its a decent enough representation of the matchup.

look closely at :37 and 2:55. sonic can bait any kind of yoshi stage control grab
I'm good at playing Yoshi, but really poor at being a good player. You outplayed me, and that's mainly it. I don't adjust to stuff I need to.I know alot of people like playing my Yoshi cause of how I use him, but I'm fairly easy to beat nowadays.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just so were clear here, has nairo always been this **** or did it just get that way recently?

also, malcolm will win one of these days. hes getting too close not to bring it home soon...

D

Deleted member

**** lol I go to sleep and THEN the discussion I want to happen spawns...

Anyway, I'm probably the biggest jiggz hater on the SWF right now and I have about 100 reasons why I feel that way. Buts here's about 5 or so...

1. Jiggz gets out prioritized by everyone. All of those kill moves you guys mentioned like fair bair fsmash upsmash all clank or lose to like 95% of the other attacks in the game. Her only good move in this regard is pound, which she unfortunately forecasts before she does it, making it terribly easy to predict and/or avoid.
Eh not really. She has pretty decent aerial hitboxes. Problem is that her hitboxes are like the same as her hurtboxes, so she trades hits a lot, and that is kinda bad for jiggs. However, she has the maneuverability to kinda move around stuff and then hit you.Jiggs' fair clashes with yoshis back air, which has a pretty good hitbox, so i think her priority is sometimes underestimated.
See above
3. Jiggz has no safe way of approach. The only way to play jiggz effectively is to air camp and bait their approaches. Now, her punishment game is decent (nothing to be afraid of, though). An aggressive Jiggz is one that's about to lose, but she is also terrible defensively, which brings me to point #...
She has a really good dash shield, which is one of the best approaches, and she also can run around **** real well. And she ledge camps like a mofo.
4. Jiggz sucks defensively (which is detrimental in Brawl). First off, she has no good get the eff off me moves. Second, she is horrendous OOS. What options does she have? Jab to grab? Nair or Dair? For any of these to work the person has to be on top of your shield, or they have to be a slow *** behemoth like DK or Koopa.
Agreed, but her OOS is alright, dair and full hop nair are epic
5. Jiggz ground game is some bullchips. What's she got there? Fsmash and what else? I think people overrate her dash attack. Against a reasonably competent opponent, she might land that between 2-4 times in a match. I wouldn't consider that reliable at all. Her tilts are so bad, I actually lol when I see them (especially dtilt).
Her grab is fantastic, her throws and pummel do good damage. Fair point though.
6. Jiggz gets ***** by everyone. Literally, all the characters. I could sit here and explain why I think every other character is better, but that would be a waste of my time. So who do you guys think Jiggz is better than? OMG I dare someone to say Zelda, too...
Jiggs is a lot better than ganon xD
She could be last, but its hard to say. She is better than zelda because she actually has options. Once you figure out zelda, and realize her blatant flaws, she is sooooooo easy. Jiggs is not as fundementally flawed as zelda imo, and even if you know jiggs, you cant shut her down all that well, you can just kinda be patient, clash, and outkill her (its pretty freaking hard to camp jiggs with most anyone). Jiggs doesnt really have big blindspots, as her dair has deceptive priority (in fact, its a very good move in general), she has the maneuverability and recovery to be no less than a pain, and she can actually punish pretty hard.

Weight and killing are her worst issues. She still sucks xD

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Yup. I think she's that bad. At least Ganon has been known to win a match or two against a top player using a high tier. Jiggz, imo, is incapable of such a feat.

Also, she does the absolute worst of any character in tourney, and has been that way for some time now.
It's not that Jigglypuff is too competitively unusable to win in tournaments (viability speaking, Jiggs is a much, much better character than Ganondorf), it's that nobody enjoys using Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is a character meant to troll people, anything else she can do another character can use better. In Smash64 and Melee she had numerous options that were not only annoying but actually useful as well (throw set-ups into Rest killing at 20%? Yum); not only did Brawl remove just about everything that was good about Jigglypuff, it also has Wario which does everything Jiggs does, but better. Combine that with a face you want to punch really hard in the face, and it's no contest that Jiggs will always have the worst tournament placings.

My hatred for Jiggs > Justblaze's

Coney

Smash Master
i just read through the last few pages

are you guys serious

four pages of masturbating over the conclusion that jigglypuff is a bad character

come on now

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ people thinking Jiggs is worse than Ganon. It's funny how dumb some people are.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can never underestimate the people at SWF. Maybe I should start to show my jiggs off more =l

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jiggz is a bit better than people assume. :laugh:

still very funny people think Jiggz is worse than Ganon.

but she isn't good.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ people thinking Jiggs is worse than Ganon. It's funny how dumb some people are.
I was wondering if you could elaborate on what exactly makes Jiggz better than Ganon? The way I see it is, I hear a lot of people who talk about how decent Jiggz is, and how viable she can be, but I never see any results to back up these claims. From what I've seen, Ganon has a dedicated group of players determined to get results irl, while people just dress jiggz up to be pretty on paper.

Also, I've seen your Ganon play and he is exceptional, much more impressive than I've seen from any Jiggz, recent or otherwise.

Can never underestimate the people at SWF. Maybe I should start to show my jiggs off more =l
I agree that you should ;). I heard you like two stocked KID's sonic

Jiggz is a bit better than people assume. :laugh:

still very funny people think Jiggz is worse than Ganon.

but she isn't good.
Again, I was wondering if you would elaborate on what makes jiggz better than what people assume?

I'm not trolling :seriousface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom