• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sonic ****ing sucks and pretty much loses any matchup, because he's a ****ing horrible character that dosen't have anything good besides is mindgames ****, but who cares, just get around them and you should be fine since everything else he does sucks(his moves are horrible btw). Every Sonic main know how much he sucks anyway, and yes, some(most?)low tiers are better than him, and yeah Yoshi does.
beep beep

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wouldnt say that he's worse than yoshi, just that yoshi beats him. Overall they're pretty even imo

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
both are terrible characters, but Sonic IS better than Yoshi.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sonic ****ing sucks and pretty much loses any matchup, because he's a ****ing horrible character that dosen't have anything good besides is mindgames ****, but who cares, just get around them and you should be fine since everything else he does sucks(his moves are horrible btw). Every Sonic main know how much he sucks anyway, and yes, some(most?)low tiers are better than him, and yeah Yoshi does.
I seriously lol'd reading this.

Go play a good Sonic, and come back saying that. He's a small step above low tier, not somewhere in the bottom of low tier.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
I seriously lol'd reading this.

Go play a good Sonic, and come back saying that. He's a small step above low tier, not somewhere in the bottom of low tier.
I did, but even though good Sonics are pretty scary, the character itself sucks. Though one of the reason he got into bottom of mid is mostly because of his rep, which other low tiers lack. Sonic mains should all quit him and work into developping other underused chars metagames because they deserve it more(ppl that almost nobody uses, like pit), lawl.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
imo the LT's should look like this:

:bowser2: :ike: :yoshi2: :sonic: :lucas: :mario2: :falcon: :zelda: :jigglypuff: :samus2: :link2: :ganondorf:

or switch yoshi & sonic i dont care. they're even to me

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
imo the LT's should look like this:

:bowser2: :ike: :yoshi2: :sonic: :lucas: :mario2: :falcon: :zelda: :jigglypuff: :samus2: :link2: :ganondorf:

or switch yoshi & sonic i dont care. they're even to me
Imo, i'd debatebly swap Bowser and Ike, swap Lucas and Mario for sure, and the other idk, looks good.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah I don't get why people keep putting Ike under Bowser.

edit: Not that I agree that Sonic is low tier.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
bowsers a little better against a few of higher tiered chars then the rest of the lows, that's why

Chuee

Smash Hero
MK is high tier right?
IC is high tier right?
D3 is high tier right?
Not the best argument =/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i said a few not all... but its not like many lt's do any better either

Chuee

Smash Hero
Not all of these are really accurate but most of them are around this area.

MK - 65-35
Snake - 6-4
Diddy - 65-35 (Don't know about this just what their boards say)
Falco - 6-4
Marth - 6-4
Wario - 6-4
IC - 75-25
D3 - 7-3

Yeah, theres low tiers that can do better than that =/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not all of these are really accurate but most of them are around this area.

MK - 65-35
Snake - 6-4
Diddy - 65-35 (Don't know about this just what their boards say)
Falco - 6-4
Marth - 6-4
Wario - 6-4
IC - 75-25
D3 - 7-3

Yeah, theres low tiers that can do better than that =/
like yoshi lol. but yes i see what you mean. he could be lower. i guess i overestimate him a bit

Chuee

Smash Hero
like yoshi lol. but yes i see what you mean. he could be lower. i guess i overestimate him a bit
Im not saying he should be lower lol.
I was just saying he doesn't do that great vs top tiers.
Most of the other low tiers have at least 1 hard counter in mid tier while Bowser's are all high tier :o

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I played Bwett before he quit Yoshi. Even back then, the match up was just frustrating for Sonic, and I doubt much has changed that has altered the match up in any way.

I agree with Z'z. It's more or less 55:45 or 60:40 in Yoshi's favor.

Browny

Smash Hater
Post discounted on account of every single time espy posting here, its bashing sonic despite him proving himself wrong with results regularly :p

It actually does get a little old though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You're a moron sometimes, DJ.

Yoshi has all of the tools necessary to deal with Sonic. Yoshi's movement in the air allows him versatility vs Sonic's ground speed, his attacks come out as quickly as Sonic's, if not faster, and one grab gives him complete stage control, something that Sonic NEEDS to be successful.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Umm...thanks?

I don't even know how to troll.
At least, not willingly.
I never knew using sarcasm on the internet automatically made you a troll.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait...

All of that was trolling?

Half of those are me joking with Sonic's side taunt (which I love), the other half is me being serious or having fun with the board in question that I posted in.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Well...

Maybe not ALL of them...

All I know is there is a difference between appropriate humor and humor that could potentially detract from progressive conversation, the latter obviously falling under this definition of trolling. Not saying that your humor is disruptive or not appreciated, but trolling is like a block of cheese that can be sliced many different ways.

Anyway, I promise to stop effing with you, Espy, so long as you accept my friend request ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nah, I don't really mind.
Nothing can be worse than my love-hate relationship with some people on SWF.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I really do wanna discuss jiggs though because IMO she's... interesting. She's bad, very under represented, and has almost no results. However, her mu's even though she loses, aren't terrible where it matters (55:45 against mk is nothing to scoff at), she got great manuverability and ko power, and is thought to have a lot of potential and essentualy most think she'll do what she did in melee; take a very late, but sudden rise. Most either see her as either utter garbage, or a daimond in the rough. Personally I think she had potential, but how much I'm not sure.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
apparently im going to have to money match delta cod at apex or ssome other big tourney. (hes considered high level yoshi correct?)

i just cant see how sonic would lose to yoshi.

i mean, look at this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgNY9q9UnmA

both of us played badly at points in this and messed up some of our set ups. but that was one recorded match out of like 2 hours worth of games, and i think I only lost like 1 or 2 times, and most of them werent that close. not to hate on scatz, I think hes madd beast. but I think its a decent enough representation of the matchup.

look closely at :37 and 2:55. sonic can bait any kind of yoshi stage control grab

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, san beat me in a money match with jpuff. so its not like you can just go in blind and expect to stomp her out mad easy, but her margin of error just seems to be too high.

Also doesnt help that the best puff player Ive ever seen mains ike.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I've seen that vid already and we already told big what he needed to do. Btw, at around 32-36 secs he had 2 opportunities to get a free kill on you. When he dash attacked you while you were coming back onstage, he couldve dash grabed, then gr'd u on the edge. A couple seconds later u used your neutral b under the stage and during recovery, he shouldn't have jumped because he couldve done the same thing. Scat playssonic like he does fox or some other fast character, but he needs to play sonic more ground based. While sonic is offstage he should rarely follow. He should be throwing eggs forcing you to recover how he wants then using the advantage to get more damage, chain grabs, and gr's OoSpring. Remember if yoshi grabs you after u spring jump it's a free kill from anywhere onstage. He should also play more patient using eggs to control the field and force you to approach where he can safely bair and nair without as much risk. If you get above him yoshi's rediculous air speed paired with better than average ground speed should be enough to keep juggling going or at least force you to dair to the ground. Up close jab works wonders on sonic setting up into grabs, reverse bairs, uairs, you name it. Overall he didn't play it right and that's why he lost. Delta knows this mu better I believe so I'm interested to see the results

Browny

Smash Hater
However, her mu's even though she loses, aren't terrible where it matters (55:45 against mk is nothing to scoff at), she got great manuverability and ko power,
rofl...

Again, this is why no one should take matchup threads seriously. 45:55 would mean she has a good chance at winning (a set) vs a top MK. Ever. Even a 30:70 would imply that. Pity how these things turn out.

Also outside of rest which is stupidly hard to land and requires the enemy to not DI to combo into, she cant KO with anything other than fair which will be at least a little stale, or fsmash which is way too slow. Having decent enough KO power on 3 attacks means little when 2 of them are very difficult to land while being extremely punishable and the other is typically staled.

Please, dont ever cite matchup ratios in this thread as any form of evidence, it just makes you look bad. (also this is the wrong thread, this is the rankings list)

Browny

Smash Hater
So does rollout...

I know DA kills but its so late, like 140% near the edge of the stage on a midweight or something, I'd hardly call that a KO move (one which can be used reliably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom