• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I didn't get the comments about Lucas until I read the first post and saw that Lucas is the 2nd least popular character in the U.S.. Wow. I don't know if I should keep posting results here...in my area, other characters are played well (Fox and Wolf), which may mess up with these mostly "united statesian" tournament results.
Lucas is a bad character, hence bad results.

And you can keep posting them here. It's not like they are going to change the results much, what with $1 entry fees.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol bad comparison. Tourney results aren't everything bro. Otherwise Ganon wouldn't be the worst character in the game.
They're worth quite a bit.

*looks at various character's rises in the tier list, founded mostly on tournament results, such as C.Falcon*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
hold on a moment.

Falcon's rise wasn't purely because of better tournament results or ally.
Think about it how it may have occurred in the BBR.

"Hey guys, wait a moment, CAPTAIN FALCON HAS GREAT MOBILITY! DECENT KILL POWER, USABLE OOS OPTIONS AND COMBO ABILITY!"
"WAIT, ARE YOU SURE!?"
"HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO YOSHI SYNDROME ON CAPTAIN FALCON LIKE LINK, ZELDA AND GANONDORF!"
"AWW *****AN!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, BBR is like that. G tier is specifically yoshi syndrome country but doesn't include yoshi himself.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Or maybe it suggests that we don't have the players good enough to produce such results, and the ones we do aren't active.
Lucas's case is kind of funny, but the game is old enough now to where most characters should be developed enough to possess their own line of players and their viability reflected semi-accurately in tourney play. Yeah, some characters are less represented/developed, so there's the flaw in basing the tier list off of results, but as a measure of every character's viability, results are the best basis since they're the most physical. Using theory-craft and MUs as a basis is even more flawed.

Results are representative of what is actually happening in the current metagame, regardless of what people think should be happening. At this point, consistently good results tell us a character is good, and vice versa.

Again, Lucas is a bit strange. lol no rep

gantrain05

Smash Master
lucas isn't strange, he's honestly just bad.....don't get me wrong, i love lucas and ness, they used to be my secondaries, but theres no getting around how terrible they both are.......especially lucas.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You have to factor in how good a character is vs how easy they are to pick up and apply, and how much skill is required to apply them.

Albert.

Smash Master
Lucas and Ness are both extremely under-rated characters lol.

So many sad comments in this thread

"lucas is bad"

blah blah blah

Seriously there's absolutely NOTHING constructive about saying that stuff lol. Do you get guys get some kind of sick pleasure out of putting the lower-tiered characers in their place or whatever?

San beat both RichBrown and Judge at Colombus with Ike. That's two of Ike's worst match-ups. None of these characters have a San-level player representing them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
L
San beat both RichBrown and Judge at Colombus with Ike. That's two of Ike's worst match-ups. None of these characters have a San-level player representing them.

Ness doesnt have somebody at Sans level playing him in tourney?

So that guy Shaky, that ALSO beat Judge, AND San, AND out placed them both isnt as good as him?

odd logic.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ness has Shaky, in case you didn't notice. Even finished 10th at MLG to San's 11th on top of it. Lucas has no one constantly repping him for a reason: and it isn't just the fact that very few Lucas mains go to tournaments.

EDIT: Shaky didn't beat San. They didn't play against each other. He just placed higher.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Shaky did beat me to decide 10th/11th after we already lost/knocked out. I think Judge sandbagged vs me, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
EDIT: Shaky didn't beat San. They didn't play against each other. He just placed higher.
Excuse me sir. San and Shaky DID play, in tournament. I was there and I watched the whole thing.

its was part of the consolation matches due to them tying for 9th place with tyrant and judge. they played round robin between those four to determine spots 9, 10,11, and 12 specifically.

dont talk what you dont know brah.

Flayl

Smash Hero
After a certain point in the tier list tournament results don't matter (as much). Bad characters aren't expected to place top 8 in tournaments that matter and it becomes a popularity contest instead of a measure of a character's worth in matchups.

Not to mention the number of low tiers mains that see how little the effort they put into their characters pays off.

Just for example Mario's placements in the last 2 lists in this thread were either very small tournaments or Boss (sharing points with Luigi). You can start to make an assumption that he is a bad character, BUT you can't possibly quantify how bad. You can't compare him to Lucas based on this information alone.

Ike and Ness still have relevant tournament placements though.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I GOT THIS GUYS.
I'M GONNA SHOW THE WORLD LUCAS IS BETTER THAN THEY THINK.

unless people think he's good, because that's out of control.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol Lucas being good. Lucas is mediocre at best. But, he is better than people believe. ;o

he is in the middle of bad and good.

But don't worry PF really does have this and so does Kole apparantly :laugh:

Albert.

Smash Master
Wow at you guy's being such f***ing nit-pickers. It's like your views and analysis of life and such is confined to petty details instead of concrete themes.

I can do it too. I said "lower tiered characters" having less-than-san representation. Not ness. Ness is mid-tier.

It's like you read my post, saw the actual point of it, and then completely ignored that point to take a snipe at something else.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would also recommend you choose your words better if you dont want them to get disected and than thrown back in your face.

I did the same exact thing to niddo right after I did it to you, your not special.

Albert.

Smash Master
I would also recommend you choose your words better if you dont want them to get disected and than thrown back in your face.

I did the same exact thing to niddo right after I did it to you, your not special.
seriously?

LOL

I mean, even if you're trolling, you're really NOT making yourself look like anything better than pathetic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You should change your name from Albert to Morton.

Cause you are extra salty right now.

And no, Im not trolling. Say what you mean, mean what you say, its really that simple.

D

Deleted member

you should change your name from albert to morton.

Cause you are extra salty right now.

And no, im not trolling. Say what you mean, mean what you say, its really that simple.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont worry, some godlike zelda player will come out with some legit up smash spamming and place top 10 at MLG

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I mean, even if you're trolling, you're really NOT making yourself look like anything better than pathetic.
Says the guy spazzing out at everyone.

Word of advice: get used to this topic being used to dissect characters based on rankings down to a stupid "why are we even doing this?" amount, get off of your period, and take a bottle of chill pills. Sheesh. You're getting worse than Chuee in a Lucas argument, or me in a PT argument about six months ago. Or me in an Ike argument. Or me facepalming while reading something A2 said about Ike. Or me in a...hey, is there a pattern going on here? Or is it just me?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Says the guy spazzing out at everyone.

Word of advice: get used to this topic being used to dissect characters based on rankings down to a stupid "why are we even doing this?" amount, get off of your period, and take a bottle of chill pills. Sheesh. You're getting worse than Chuee in a Lucas argument, or me in a PT argument about six months ago. Or me in an Ike argument. Or me facepalming while reading something A2 said about Ike. Or me in a...hey, is there a pattern going on here? Or is it just me?
Its just you

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Lucas and Ness are both extremely under-rated characters lol.

So many sad comments in this thread

"lucas is bad"

blah blah blah
It's easy to see why people pointed out the Ness thing.

Still, just calm down. Calling people out for saying small things on a thread that like 10 people at any given time will read doesn't do or solve anything.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm just a little german but can someone explain the usage of "tough" at the end of a sentence? I've seen it so much but I totally not know the function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom