• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's how Prime and I got 2nd place at WHOBO2 Low Tier Teams, KID.
'dat usmash.

Still, seeing Atomsk and Ally do an usmash dance was hilarious in winner's bracket.

Rappster

Smash Ace
I'm just a little german but can someone explain the usage of "tough" at the end of a sentence? I've seen it so much but I totally not know the function.
if you mean usage such as
"if you don't like it, tough"
then "tough" in that context means basically "well that's your problem"

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So youre scared, and you know your going to lose? alright, fair enough.

ps. my matches only take 5 minutes, but for bad kids like you, i can probably get it down to 3 and a half

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm just a little german but can someone explain the usage of "tough" at the end of a sentence? I've seen it so much but I totally not know the function.
if you mean tough as you typed it, see da kid's post.

if you mean "though", it is very similar in function to "however". It's also a word that could be placed at the beginning of the preceding clause, but many people choose to place it at the end.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So youre scared, and you know your going to lose? alright, fair enough.

ps. my matches only take 5 minutes, but for bad kids like you, i can probably get it down to 3 and a half
Na it's just time consuming and boring. I'd rather play russian roullete with a fully loaded pistol. Then have to play against a sonic =/.

Browny

Smash Hater
The problem with analogies like that, is that its VERY easy to put your claim to the test.

Unless of course you are not lying and really want to play that game, go right ahead.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
zelda ***** spring down air.

the whole catalyst for this whole conversation was the fact that the best way to play zelda is to spam up smash.

the fact that the guy who plays the character whos best attack is a long lasting, high priority anti-air, is the one complaining about spring down air is hilarious.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Yeah spin cancelling and dash dancing aren't a threat, he's definitely doing to just spring dair you if you're playing Zelda. :roll:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Anyone who actually knows what they're doing vs Sonic can punish Spring to Dair
You know that air release on sonic on the edge out of spring?
You know how yoshi can air release cg across the stage?
You know what happens when you put these two together?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You know that air release on sonic on the edge out of spring?
You know how yoshi can air release cg across the stage?
You know what happens when you put these two together?
you know that yoshi is really bad?
you know that sonic is actually decent?
you know what happens when you put these two together?

hint hint, sonic wins.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
you know that yoshi is really bad?
you know that sonic is actually decent?
you know what happens when you put these two together?

hint hint, sonic wins.
Yoshi is bad, but he is slightly underated. And if you check the mu, yoshi wins

EDIT: LOL! I just realised you said he's decent! Im sorry but he's ONE spot above low tier, that isn't decent at all. That's borderline bad at best

Browny

Smash Hater
LOL @ this argument in tactical boards.

We all know you have strong anti-sonic bias Z'z no need to bring that to these boards. If you care so much, prove it yourself because you will never convince anyone here.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Actually, I've always been under the assumption that Sonic loses the match up too.

Almost every Sonic hasn't experienced a really good Yoshi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
LOL @ this argument in tactical boards.

We all know you have strong anti-sonic bias Z'z no need to bring that to these boards. If you care so much, prove it yourself because you will never convince anyone here.
I play x and win, get @ me

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Actually, I've always been under the assumption that Sonic loses the match up too.

Almost every Sonic hasn't experienced a really good Yoshi.

uhhh. I have. I thought you had played bwett before he disappeared/switched mains.

also, are you saying that sonic loses the matchup because they dont know how to fight yoshi, or that when they do they will actually realised that its bad for sonic.

number 1 is ******** terrible logic.
number 2 is just false.

also, of course Z'z can beat X
yoshi can pivot grab spindash. if you can beat spindash, you can beat X.
but it still doesnt make sense to do what DJ said.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think we have lost sight of the most important thing, and that is the fact that yoshi and sonic and peach all lose to meta knight

for he is da bess

Browny

Smash Hater
Allow me to cover my bases

Z'z, you have 3 claims
1. Yoshi is a better character (tier wise) than Sonic
2. Yoshi beats sonic in the matchup
3. You beat X in tournament

The 1 fact I can be sure of is that X wins your local tournaments.

Now the only way I can see most of your claims being right is that Yoshi does indeed beat Sonic in the MU and that you two are of comparable skill if you beat him. But how is X taking 1st in tournaments? Is your response that X is simply a better player, and that Sonic has fewer bracket-stop style matchups than yoshi does which prevents you from placing higher? If you can beat the #1 PR ranked player enough to prove that the MU is in yoshis favour (which im not saying isnt possible) yet cant actually place higher than that character, how on earth do you figure that Yoshi should be in a higher tier position?

Sharky

Smash Master

uhhh. I have. I thought you had played bwett before he disappeared/switched mains.

also, are you saying that sonic loses the matchup because they dont know how to fight yoshi, or that when they do they will actually realised that its bad for sonic.

number 1 is ******** terrible logic.
number 2 is just false.

also, of course Z'z can beat X
yoshi can pivot grab spindash. if you can beat spindash, you can beat X.
but it still doesnt make sense to do what DJ said.
I agree that the mu is at worst even for sonic, but I play the mu terribly and I'm sure you know that =P

of course you're probably referring to yannick anyway so whatever.

and ma boi Z definitely beat X recently, just sayin'

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Allow me to cover my bases

Z'z, you have 3 claims
1. Yoshi is a better character (tier wise) than Sonic

I think that sonic should be even with yoshi in the tier list somewhere at the top of lows. I dont care if sonic is ahead or yoshi is, but tier list wise i think they're even

2. Yoshi beats sonic in the matchup

Currently it's 55:45 Yoshi's favor. Personally I think it's 60:40, but i have no problem with 55:45.

3. You beat X in tournament

I have on multiple occasions. Our tournaments are double elimination however and i rarely play him twice. I also must say I dont win EVERY time i play him, but i do beat him half the time

The 1 fact I can be sure of is that X wins your local tournaments.

See question 3

Now the only way I can see most of your claims being right is that Yoshi does indeed beat Sonic in the MU and that you two are of comparable skill if you beat him. But how is X taking 1st in tournaments? Is your response that X is simply a better player, and that Sonic has fewer bracket-stop style matchups than yoshi does which prevents you from placing higher? If you can beat the #1 PR ranked player enough to prove that the MU is in yoshis favour (which im not saying isnt possible) yet cant actually place higher than that character, how on earth do you figure that Yoshi should be in a higher tier position?
I never said yoshi should be higher, just that sonic should also be low tier and yoshi should be somewhere near the top of low. I beat X but not every single time, overall our record against each other is pretty even. You must also take into account that Im relativly new to yoshi (been playing him for 3-4 months now), and with his huge learning curve i still have a lot to learn about him. I do however have more experience than most yoshi players in this mu because i play it so often.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Sonic ****ing sucks and pretty much loses any matchup, because he's a ****ing horrible character that dosen't have anything good besides is mindgames ****, but who cares, just get around them and you should be fine since everything else he does sucks(his moves are horrible btw). Every Sonic main know how much he sucks anyway, and yes, some(most?)low tiers are better than him, and yeah Yoshi does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom