• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i really doubt ally was one of those people. :(
if not, that's kind of sad...

Coney

Smash Master
I used MK vs Coney this weekend, much easier... than using Snake and no I didn't drop him, I'm getting ready for VC7 that's all. and FALCON YES! MK is lololol
it's true, his MK is mighty gay

this is my impression of ally's MK

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know why some of you do this, but venue fee should NOT be included in entry fee.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Have there ever been problems regarding the rules of tournaments that have had their results posted in here because they differ from the SBR's ruleset by "too much"? I mean... how far can they differ for them to be considered legitimate in here? For example, a DK winning a tournament because D3's infinite is banned.

I'm interested in rules geared against "stalling", specifically LGLs.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Have there ever been problems regarding the rules of tournaments that have had their results posted in here because they differ from the SBR's ruleset by "too much"? I mean... how far can they differ for them to be considered legitimate in here? For example, a DK winning a tournament because D3's infinite is banned.

Very good point.

I am also curious about these specifications.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
02/24/10
Ole Miss Student Union, Oxford, MS
http://allisbrawl.com/edittournament.aspx?id=8973&t=0
15 Entrants*
2$ entry fee

1st Sanga -- Marth/Ike/Link/Fox 20$ Giftcard for Gamestop
2nd Metro Knight -- Link 10$ Giftcard for Gamestop
3rd Sieth -- Ganon/Toon Link/Jiggly Puff 10$ Giftcard for Gamestop
4th Chase -- Ike
5th PAJ -- Random
6th Gram -- Bowser/Lucario
7th Cook --Kirby/Lucario
8th SEMA --Ike/Link

Meta Knight was not banned. Only one person had the desire to play him and was not nearly as good as the people who spite him. He got pretty unlucky in the bouts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
02/24/10
13 Entrants
2$
1st Sanga -- Marth/Ike/Link/Fox
2nd Metro Knight -- Link
3rd Sieth -- Ganon/Toon Link/Jiggly Puff
4th Chase -- Ike
5th PAJ -- Random
7th Cook --Kirby/Lucario
8th SEMA --Ike/Link

Meta Knight was not banned. Only one person had the desire to play him and was not nearly as good as the people who spite him. He got pretty unlucky in the bouts.
Congrats on 1sts $13!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

My current stance is

if the BBR has made a statement regarding the ruling (IDC, Meta Knight), then it is "too different." Currently that means Dedede's infinite being banned and LGLs are still entered into my database, but that may change in the near future...!

I will not, however, retroactively remove tournaments as a result of the BBR's announcements. That means that, yes, Meta Knight will remain on the list even if he got banned, until 6 months pass and all tournaments with him fall off my threshold (though he will very visibly drop in rank with zero representation).

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, first place got a 20$ gift card, so that is better than 13$, second and third got 10$ gift cards. So, the prizes were better for that.

If the entry fee is 2$ but the total payoff for 13 people was 40$, what would be counted towards the score, the 2$ fee or the 40$ reward?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My current stance is

if the BBR has made a statement regarding the ruling (IDC, Meta Knight), then it is "too different." Currently that means Dedede's infinite being banned and LGLs are still entered into my database, but that may change in the near future...!

I will not, however, retroactively remove tournaments as a result of the BBR's announcements. That means that, yes, Meta Knight will remain on the list even if he got banned, until 6 months pass and all tournaments with him fall off my threshold (though he will very visibly drop in rank with zero representation).
Sounds logical and reasonable, though I do hope the BBR will make a ruling on at least LGLs.

I suppose if the BBR ended up recommending TOs to temporarily ban MK, the community would have to do without this thread's data for the time being. ;/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If something results in a near-even split (like, if half the TO's banned MK when BBR recommended against, or if half the TO's left MK legal when BBR recommended for), I'd be willing to double my workload and maintain two lists. Otherwise I'll follow BBR's recommendation.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
02/24/10
13 Entrants
2$
1st Sanga -- Marth/Ike/Link/Fox
2nd Metro Knight -- Link
3rd Sieth -- Ganon/Toon Link/Jiggly Puff
4th Chase -- Ike
5th PAJ -- Random
7th Cook --Kirby/Lucario
8th SEMA --Ike/Link
That's the first time I've seen Ike and Link dominate a tournament. Admittedly, a rather tiny tournament, but still. O_o

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I actually had some info wrong. We had 15 entrants not 13, I forgot some of the annoying people I wanted to strangle for yelling **** the entire time I was playing in the finals.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So did the tourneys for this tourney go into the workings of the upcoming tier list, or is it going towards the one in September?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Reset it to 0 from now on, and let it count until next Tier list.

Would be VERY interesting to look than at the differences between Tier List 4 - This Thread - Tier List 5.

Just a random Idea I had, maybe you could do that... maybe even additionally to the normal system o.O

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Brawl: Viridian City #7 Results Reply to Thread
I believe there were 117 entrants
2/27/10
10$ Entry

1: Ally ($452.00):snake:
2: ADHD ($282.50):diddy:
3: Mew2King ($169.50):metaknight:
4: DEHF ($113.00):falco:
5: Shadow ($45.20):metaknight:
5: NinjaLink ($45.20):diddy::pikachu::popo:
7: Atomsk ($11.30):metaknight::dedede::gw:
7: MintyFlesh ($11.30):marth:

9: San:ike::ike::ike::ike::ike::ike::ike::ouch:

I didn't win any match with diddy, and NL went Pikachu and ICs in tourny.

Hyro

Smash Lord
When has he been on the good side?? lmao

I've been playing in Louisiana since I moved here in 08...I've played his Lucario literally ONE time in tournament. For one match of that set. Same goes for friendlies lol

I don't even let him use anyone but MK on me in tourney...if he does he's just sandbagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom