• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
It's players like 6WX and Espy who really define how interesting Sonic is to look at in a competitive light despite a lot of stigmas.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Two stock both games, on both Duck Hunt and Little Mac.

Give Sonic an inch and all that, but even keeping that inch is hard as hell.

Spirst

Sonic is a character that gives DH a lot of trouble. Quick gunmen help though. Sad to see MVD eliminated by a Sonic but it is what it is. Top 8 is no easy feat using characters like DH and LM.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Did I miss MVD play already? How did that go?
He was actually destroying 6WX first stock, but made a big mistake that got caught in a grab--then died to bad DI off the b-throw.

He went hard on tilt after that. :(

CometShred

Smash Cadet
NNID
CometShred
3DS FC
3325-2480-3048
i definitely think Abadango would do better using Wario, rather than all the projectiles that Pac Man has to offer since Rosalina and Luma just eat em' up

but thats just me

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I will say though, with 70k+ viewers and trying to impress the FGC with Smash 4, this is not the game you'd want to show off.

Real Smooth-Like

Smash Apprentice
I feel so happy for all the pac mains. They've been preaching the good word of pac man and everyone would just ignore them but now here he is, gettin some tourney results. It might not mean much of anything, but no one can deny that pac mans gonna get a bit more attention after this

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Pac-Man looks at least high-mid. I get that a lot of his success has to do with the fact that no one knows how to play against him, but he's got some good tools to work with.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'll be glad if Pac Man wins, but oh god the band wagoning and overrating will commence...that I will not like. [As in people will say ZOMG Pac Man top 5!] when he's a high tier character, imo. Not top. Grab.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Why didn't he switch to Wario?

More importantly WHY LYLAT CRUISE

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Had a feeling Dabuz would timeout abadango to win.
Rosalina so boaring.
I'd say it's a matter of coincidence. Both Pac-Man and Rosie are very zoning-based characters with poor offense options.

Edit: I'm hearing a lot of Boooos.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Protip: if you keep timing people out (and losing) because your projectile spam isn't working because your opponent has an insanely good anti-projectile move, try something else

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
And Dabuz wins by timeout.

I still think Abadango should have used Wario.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'd say Rosalina has the tools to be more offensive since her aerials are disjointed and good outside of maybe nair, + luma just gives her so much strength.
Just too bad Pac-man lost from timeouts.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Am I the only one who was super excited during all 3 Pac-Man Rosalina games? Literally 6 full minutes of action, with zero true stalling outside of spawn platform waiting on dabuz's last stock.

Y'all talking like it was a Sonic ditto.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
So many opportunities where Pac Man's grab could've been used. Rosa kept doing down b, and the best way to punish baiting the down b is to grab (Pac Man can't do much else from that range to punish). But zero grabs were used.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So Greninja in the Top 12, Pac-Man and Duck Hunt in Top 8. Well, they still made it really far so I'm very happy for them. I'm even considering picking Pac-Man as a secondary just because I like his playstyle.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
And Dabuz wins by timeout.

I still think Abadango should have used Wario.
He seriously should have. Wario does way better against her.

Though picking Lylat Cruise was the worse of the two. Dabuz took advantage of the platform really well.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Am I the only one who was super excited during all 3 Pac-Man Rosalina games? Literally 6 full minutes of action, with zero true stalling outside of spawn platform waiting on dabuz's last stock.

Audino man.
The first two games were fun to watch but once there was 50 seconds left and dabuz started to purposely just jump platform to platform to timeout, I didn't even bother to watch the gamelylat, cause I knew it'd be even harder for pac to get in and even less room for pac to work with. Dunno y he even chose that stage.

Also Wario cp wouldn't have helped against rosalina.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

I agree, it was nothing but full blown action, mostly due to Pac-Man's pressure.

Edit: The Hoo Hah's are freaking awesome.

Double Edit: FALCON!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom