• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Steelia

Smash Champion
You really did a good job on the texture. More detailed than anyone else's.
But... palette swaps anyone?
We have a almost perfect Roy texture now, why not do palette swaps? It shouldn't be too time consuming.
And camelot, I remember you saying that his front hair can be shortened. You and Steelia can fix it to make Marth resemble Roy even more.

You see, his hair is a bit too long. Maybe you can try editing the hair, at least in the front, so that it looks really like Roy's.
I know that would take a bit of time, but you may want do it if you are a perfectionist.
W'ey... Trust me when I say I gave that a WHOLE lot of thought, timothyung... Unfortunately, the pieces of hair that can be made transparent on Marth all share similar pieces (such as the strands of hair on the front of his face). I effect one spiky strand, I effect a lot more than just that one.
Brawl people don't make it easy for us. );

camelot

Smash Ace
Ivysaur flies farther than Jigglypuff against fire... it's a really bad part of his character design. Even a Counter can spell doom for him around 100%.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Playing with the latest codeset, I liked Roy a lot. Some iffy things, however, are the dtilt tip (I think you should be able to edgeguard with it like Marth's) and fsmash is really strong! Even at percents in the 50's, a small dtilt combo into fsmash will kill easily. Right now it kills at like 70-80, and I think it should be raised to 90 or something like that.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Learn to DI first...It doesn't kill at 70 unless they DI BADLY....

btw don't play Ivy against Roy on corneria or green greens (1HKO ftw).

CloneHat

Smash Champion
^^Learn to DI first...It doesn't kill at 70 unless they DI BADLY....

btw don't play Ivy against Roy on corneria or green greens (1HKO ftw).
On higher courses, you can still combo him up, than finish off with a Blazer. :chuckle:

If the fire weakness isn't removed, Roy will be a near-impossible match for Ivy, especially on a small course.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Is his counter still the most powerful? In Melee, it was 1.5 times the opponent's attack...

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Do you want to consider toning down the blazer, but giving it some KBG? If you want to use it as a killing move, you should have to use it to finish a high-% combo, not get weird gimp kills off the top at near-zero.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Roy has more fire than CF.

Than and Falcon has VA clips and the Knee. Stop being greedy for CF.
>_>
<_<

How about a completely greed driven request to give the Knee a YES! on connection?

/offtopic posts

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
>_>
<_<

How about a completely greed driven request to give the Knee a YES! on connection?

/offtopic posts
Not possible to swap sound effects like that. The YES! is tied the voice actor on the character, unlike my ability to make Roy's sword move do Fire damage and Fire noise. Make sense? It better cause it's time to get back on topic.

What do you guys think of Blazer? Too strong? I like the fact it doesn't grow and tilts matchups against lightweights in his favor.

NinjaWizo

Smash Rookie
If I download the texture for Marth and the red sword effect, will the changes of Marth automatically be changed to Roy's changes?
Or do I have to change that, too?

If I download the texture for Marth and the red sword effect, will the changes of Marth automatically be changed to Roy's changes?
Or do I have to change that, too?
You'll have to replace the GCT in your codes folder with the Roy GCT.

Replacing his textures just gives you red swings and a texture hack

Raoh

Smash Cadet
can sound effects like Roy's voice be hacked in?

sorry if it was already asked but I don't want to skim through hundreds of posts.

Also IMO if there is going to be an official texture hack for him someone should try and disguise the hairband.

CloneHat

Smash Champion

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I figured I'd let everyone know that the speed mods being applied to roy's fsmash and usmash are screwed up in the current codeset (especially the usmash). We're gonna try to get a fix for that up in the next day or so. Expect a semi-nerfed roy from his current state.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Messed up how?
Boot vbrawl and use marth's usmash. Note the amount of startup and endlag it has. Then boot the brawl+ roy set and use roy's usmash. Note the amount of startup and endlag it has. You'll quickly see the problem.

Roy's usmash was supposed to have much increased startup in exchange for much reduced endlag (same deal with fsmash except to a far lesser degree). Only the latter is actually being applied right now, though, causing the usmash in particular to be very spammable.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I know this is sort of irrelevant to this thread, but I decided to make his Melee portrait Brawl compatible:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mz01mnmmhzn

I'm not sure how the battle portrait will look in game because I'm not able to get it to show on my game.
Let me know if his battle portrait has like a pink outline so I can go back and try to fix it.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
His select screen portrait come out perfect for me.
I did the same method for his battle, so I think it'll come out the same.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I didn't palette the preview pic to 72.
That's why.
Did his battle portrait come out right?

timothyung

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, no.
The background isn't perfect magenta if you check it.
R:253 G:5 B:255
You are using GIMP right?
To fix that go to the windows of the toolbar, click the second option, click the sixth line
Find the non-perfect magenta, change the color to ff00ff
BTW you can use 240 colors for best quality

Top Bottom