• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Tiers in a game isn't theory. It's based off of knowledge from data gained from tournament play. A good lucas should always lose to a good marth unless the marth player doesn't know what he is doing. Point blank. If u are seeing upsets then that means the player doesn't know the matchup or doesn't have the technical skill to take advantage of his positive opportunities.
Sooo is that for any matchup or just for Lucas? Because if it is for everyone then by that it means I as a ROB player should always lose to whatever character has an advantage against me. If the player is good of course. Or maybe I just misunderstood.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sooo is that for any matchup or just for Lucas? Because if it is for everyone then by that it means I as a ROB player should always lose to whatever character has an advantage against me. If the player is good of course. Or maybe I just misunderstood.
Now let's go to the land of super theory bros.

IF the players are equally skilled at getting reads.
IF the players have equal experience in the match-up.
THEN the player with the character advantage will win.

IF the match-up is heavily favored towards one character
THEN the player may still win without the equal skill.

/end super theory bros.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Don't forget about consistency of the player. Sometimes they do really well and sometimes they have off days. So even if they do badly in 1 match, they can easily remedy that for the next one. Although most likely not, because most people get discouraged when they do badly, and then proceed to do badly for the rest of the tournament/day. It's all about the proper mindset.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Okay that's what I thought. But he said it wasn't theory and to me it just sounded like it was.
He probably means the practical application of match-up knowledge, meaning, if the Marth knows a +4 MU, then he's going to win.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Did you not get saved?

would you get saved in the same way if it was a 1v1?

Oh so basically YOU MUST PLAY SAFER AND SMARTER AND SINGLES SO YOU DON'T GET PUT IN BAD SITUATIONS RIGHT?

oh thought so

Mekos I like you and you are a cool dude but your board presence is so arrogant and condescending

all of your post basically say "if you don't see it how I THE GREAT MEKOS GOD OF DUBZ see's it than obviously you are a noob and don't know s**t"
U obviously didn't comprehend my post. I put it in CAPS for you. That opportunity to be saved is because of the marth player's mistake. Which means he in turn must play safer and smarter. But because they don't, the opponent got "saved". If the marth player had correct spacing, timing, and teamwork from his partner there will be NO SAVING MY GOOD SIR.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
how do you guys not see mekos's point?

ya'll *****s dumb.
Thank you. I have been very clear. I'm no longer explaining things. Never once TKbro have I talked about my own skill. If any of you feel that way then it is because of your own insecurities. I'm not talking down on you or anyone. I just have analyzed singles and dubs and none of you have come up with a valid argument against the logic I have stated. Sorry if giving valid points and the saying the truth comes across as being arrogant.

And kadaj read my post again. Lucas attacks except for up smash have less priority than that g&w move. It is very easy for him to run. G&W have no problem timing a lucas out. U can't punish his moves. You have to see it for yerself I guess. If the g&w is using that gay strat with correct spacing u definitely wont catch him with an up smash

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yes! U got it. That's what tiers are. If you are at the same level of another player and his character has better options than you, he should win if he knows how to take advantage of that. If he is playing correctly and does not have an off day. If he loses then that means he doesn't know the matchup. That is keeping it very simple.

People can try to argue mind games and stuff but smash is a very chess like game. There are only so many options. And wants you have mastered your character you will see that playing smash is kinda like in slow motion. You are seeing every option available to your character and react on the best option. It's crazy when u analyze a situation and see there are no positive options available lol. The life of a low tier.

What I just said is kinda cool cuz the relates to alot of things in life. This experiance is shown alot in Nike commercials lolol.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
Yes! U got it. That's what tiers are. If you are at the same level of another player and his character has better options than you, he should win if he knows how to take advantage of that. If he is playing correctly and does not have an off day. If he loses then that means he doesn't know the matchup. That is keeping it very simple.

People can try to argue mind games and stuff but smash is a very chess like game. There are only so many options. And wants you have mastered your character you will see that playing smash is kinda like in slow motion. You are seeing every option available to your character and react on the best option. It's crazy when u analyze a situation and see there are no positive options available lol. The life of a low tier.

What I just said is kinda cool cuz the relates to alot of things in life. This experiance is shown alot in Nike commercials lolol.
<333333

idk if he still counts or not

but def my fav brawler in NC

archer.

Smash Lord
Eh, it's a bit far for me to drive, and I'm not sure but I may or may not be in Vegas during that time. But if someone else drives and I'm not in Vegas then I would be up for it.

Also, for everyone, I do still want to fill up that last spot in my car for Salt2 this weekend.

archer.

Smash Lord
Like $10 per person if there's five of us. My car goes through gas faster than you'd expect, unfortunately. =[

Would you be able to get to Charlotte on your own on Friday?

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Take a airplane or train or bus or horse There are more options then just a car. How about Rogelio. Can he come.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
until the LGL is 20 for all chars, and 10 for mk, i will not agree to the ruleset... cause it it just dumb.

you can easily time someone out with just ten or 15 lgs. 35? 50? my god....

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Hey Brian I don't get off work until 7 and you guys are 2 hours away. I don't know if you guys want to wait that long but I definitely wouldn't ask you guys to do that for me. So It's cool, you guys can go on ahead.

archer.

Smash Lord
Because DK can infinite cargo release him and then get a free dsmash at the end. Similar to the Marth infinite grab release to fsmash on him, except Lucas can at least eventually get to the edge against Marth, whereas against DK, DK can just keep moving back towards the center of the stage and then regrab. So it's pretty rough.

CT, if you wind up going to COT5, would you be able to take me as well?

EDIT: Stock, it's cool if you get here kind of late, it'll always be better than making an early morning drive.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Oh ok, wow that's pretty hard gay.

As for COT5, I'm not sure; chances of me going are slim. It all matters what happens in the next month or two for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom