• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol doubles is easier!? boy tkbro i think differently of u now lol. That doesn't make any sense at all.
scenerio 1
Marth vs Lucas - extremely easy for marth and I get *****. All he has to do is look at me and when I make a move punish with the long sword
scenerio 2
Marth & ? vs Lucas & ? - I **** the marth cuz I am able to outsmart the player because of many more options opened because of 4 players being on the screen. I punish the marth by thinking 5 steps ahead which he can't keep up!! :)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
No I showed that singles is easier for the marth.

doubles isn't easier. It's just because the marth player is not smart I can take advantage of that. For example Stingers. If the marth player knew how to play dubs it would be just as hard. U get what I'm saying?

*CT*

Smash Lord
Basically it goes like this for Mekos:

Doubles is easier for me because I play a character that sucks in singles and gets ***** by certain MUs no matter what.

Meaning in every situation if you look at it, doubles could be consider easy.

EDIT: but your mentality is that singles is easy because a person is playing a character that is better than yours or is easy to play. I.E all MKs make singles easy then.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol It's not that hard to comprehend. I'm saying singles is easier cuz there is less to worry about. bottom line. most people play singles cuz they can't and claim they suck at dubs. This is because they don't have awareness of all 4 players.

It is easier to be aware of just 2 people.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Now if the both characters are exactly the same then that is a different story. But fighting games will always be like this. When there is more options something is harder. Not hard to get people.

Chess is harder than checkers. Capessh lol

*CT*

Smash Lord
I thought you were saying Dubz was harder and took more skill.
Honestly Dubz is boring for me. Just because it is.

That's your opinion though, there are more moves and variables in Chess of course, but to win in Checks you have to really think. Its easier to win in Chess than it is in Checkers too for me at least.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
oh lord...kk Yes it's my opinion in the end. But i wouldn't go in public saying checkers is easier than chess CT lol. And that may be because of yer competition u have played. Lol I bet u will do better against a checkers master than a chess master if they were both player seriously. lol if there is such a thing as a checkers master lololol

It's simple logic that if there is more options involved in something competitively than it takes more skill. Because u have to put more "skills" into it.

Last comment. I'm done. I've explained my point. There hasn't been a valid rebuttal against my options comment lol

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
What if the marth also thinks 5 steps ahead. You still get *****

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
This is my opinion for dubs and singles everyone. This isn't to discredit singles. Yes CT you are correct that I play dubs instead of singles cuz my character can't handle certain MU at high level play.

But I still stand by my view on dubs no matter what character u play. So many strategies, tactics and new options can be created just by 2 characters teaming. It is a beautiful thing! :)

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
It's not that doubles is harder, there are just way more options that require in depth observations

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Used All This Time: :marth: :metaknight:

V1CE VERSACON: Got 7th
oh gosh, been so long. I know I played a BUNCH of guys. But idk who they're D: ... if anyone knows, please let me know ^^'''

Played: devin, fyre and Marth mainer (not Craig)

Pound V:
Cheese (Ice Climbers, Mk): 1-2
Roller (Ice Climbers): 0-2
Shadow1pj (Toon Link): 1-2
Bloodcross (Falco): 0-2

G6: Got 7th
•Killanator (Yoshi and Wario) - 2-0
•Vice (D3 and Mk) - 2-1
•M2k (Mk) - 0-2
•Archer (Tl) - 2-1
Beat a random person 2-0, but we don't know who it was.
•Stingers (Rob and solo Charizard <-- lmao) - 1-2

Thanksie for that info ^^^

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
The main thing I love about dubs is how it leaves less room for gayness. Me and Junebug had to play cheese and seagul. U know hwo cheese always trys to pick the gayest way to win right? Well we won the first game so he takes us to BF. They are double mk and his plan is to just camp the edge the whole time. Junebug starts freaking out. I'm like stay calm there is two of us. I tell him to stay in the middle and I'll bait them with pika thunder. He was like awesome idea! To me that was common sense cuz that is the safest option. Anyways cheese takes the bait cuz he dodges my pika thunder and goes to attack me. I communicate to june for us to jump cheese. Cuz cheese tells seagul to continue planking(This is the dumbest thing ever. Why would u tell yer teamate to sit back and let u get jumped). Cheese gets some hits in and runs back to the edge. Junebug starts freaking out again and I say stick to our strat and just heal me. Cheese is like oh shoot we have to approach now. They carry the match out and we win.

Moral of that story is that the gayness was penetrated because of teamwork! Yay!

I'll give u a gayness example for singles that can't be penetrated. G&W can take certain characters to BF and time them out with ease by taking advantage of the plateforms and abusing his opponents flaws. Many G&W players use this unplayable strategy. That g&w gayness doesn't exist in dubs. lol sn: The Japanese would never do this lol.
Now it's fine they do that cuz they are playing to win. But that doesn't change the fact of its gayness lololol and that it is "easy".

kk goodnight yall

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yall crazy

dubz and singles are two different games

honestly, you cant say one is easier than the other, cause they have different aspects then the other, and take a different type of thinking and skill to achieve victory then the other.

so comparing the two in skill

is like comparing a rock to a fruit.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Mekos if your example for doubles being harder/better was horrible

you vs Marth is a horrible matchup true...but you vs marth in dubz doesn't change the match-up it just changes the amount of targets on the field. and the amount of get out of Jail free cards you have because you have someone who can help you get out of sticky situations

while in Singles you have to rely on YOUR OWN SKILL to overcome marth and its not Impossible unless you are playing super theory bros.

and you can look at my differently...IDC...I'm just hitting you with that real talk. I still find dubz to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than singles because I like team combos but I know if I was better in singles it would probably help my Dubz play.

ALSO LMAO AT YOU THINKING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TEAMWORK IS?

I don't only play smash...hell as of now I barely play smash and before this all I did was play xbox shooters and now I play league which requires hella teamwork

and uhhhhhhhhhhh Don't know if ya saw me and Malcolm at pound but I'm pretty sure I know my ****.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
anyone possibly interested in CEO 2011? Willing to drive if I can get some *unsuspecting souls* to cover my gas bill.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
First what is ceo 2011? Im sure peoples will go but only on the condition that you dont say asssshoooole and you wear your deodorant at all times

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
first what is ceo 2011? Im sure peoples will go but only on the condition that you dont say asssshoooole and you wear your deodorant at all times
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolll

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos if your example for doubles being harder/better was horrible

you vs Marth is a horrible matchup true...but you vs marth in dubz doesn't change the match-up it just changes the amount of targets on the field. and the amount of get out of Jail free cards you have because you have someone who can help you get out of sticky situations

while in Singles you have to rely on YOUR OWN SKILL to overcome marth and its not Impossible unless you are playing super theory bros.

and you can look at my differently...IDC...I'm just hitting you with that real talk. I still find dubz to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than singles because I like team combos but I know if I was better in singles it would probably help my Dubz play.

ALSO LMAO AT YOU THINKING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TEAMWORK IS?

I don't only play smash...hell as of now I barely play smash and before this all I did was play xbox shooters and now I play league which requires hella teamwork

and uhhhhhhhhhhh Don't know if ya saw me and Malcolm at pound but I'm pretty sure I know my ****.
I'm gonna leave it alone...but u are proving my point that u don't know what "teamwork" is. Cuz u are discrediting dubs by saying there is just get out of jail cards. Those get out of jail cards are called opportunities. For example, in dubs you should not always go for a grab or an attack if there is someone right next to u who can punish. Most people don't think like that. So when the marth player grabs me and my partner hits him. U call that a get out of jail card. NO THAT IS THE MARTH PLAYER BEING ******** CUZ HE SHOULD NOT HAVE GRABBED ME THEN. HE WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ALL THE PLAYERS AND WAS ONLY FOCUSED ON THE LUCAS.

I can't explain it anymore. But what u call that is a part of teamwork. And I agree with u that dubs doesn't change matchups. That's my point. With more characters on the screen u have to pay attention to more. And most people can't handle that. Ur calling a person's failure to be able to pay attention to all 4 characters a get out of jail card for his target lol.

Tiers in a game isn't theory. It's based off of knowledge from data gained from tournament play. A good lucas should always lose to a good marth unless the marth player doesn't know what he is doing. Point blank. If u are seeing upsets then that means the player doesn't know the matchup or doesn't have the technical skill to take advantage of his positive opportunities. Why do you think a top diddy player ADHD constantly complains about mk saying that it is impossible. He is referring to playing a top mk who is playing correctly. Not a top mk on their off day who is playing bad or an average player.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Also doing that stuff that you talk about with gnw, and other characters isn't easy.

It's as easy as what you try to do in singles Mekos lol
lol he uses two moves kadaj. That move where he goes toward the ground and up B. That's is it. He can cancel on the pillars and does it over and over. That MU is extremely difficult for Lucas and other characters to catch him. He can also run well on PS1 during the normal part of the stage.

Two moves is not hard to do. He is faster than the other characters. No extreme technical skill is involved. I'm not discrediting the player or playing to win. My point was simple that gayness isn't possible against a team using teamwork. Which TKBro would call "a get out of jail card". smh

I mean I've given enough examples(Cheese double MK camping). If people don't get what I'm saying then they just don't. Most people don't play dubs correctly so its only natural that most people won't understand what I'm saying.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Mekos if you were smart you wouldn't use Lucas in those bad matchups

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
It's just as hard to get around then say retreating PK Fires, you just need to realize how to beat it.

If he's only doing two moves then it should be super easy to beat, 1. He HAS TO LAND punish it.
2. You can block, outprioritize (up smash), or move to the side of it and hit him everytime.

I know you like dubz and all but some of the things that you talk about in singles are pretty easy to beat and get around if you just TRY. It's not hard to powershield his DAir, SDI his BAir and hit him out of it, or punish his landings.

That samething can be done at a higher frequency in teams because it takes time to be punished and you can't really afford to waste time as the pursuer because you need to be racking damage in some way shape or form.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Did you not get saved?

would you get saved in the same way if it was a 1v1?

Oh so basically YOU MUST PLAY SAFER AND SMARTER AND SINGLES SO YOU DON'T GET PUT IN BAD SITUATIONS RIGHT?

oh thought so

Mekos I like you and you are a cool dude but your board presence is so arrogant and condescending

all of your post basically say "if you don't see it how I THE GREAT MEKOS GOD OF DUBZ see's it than obviously you are a noob and don't know s**t"

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yo on the real, i wont have any of you ***** *** md/va punks ganging up on my dood mekos.

next time i see you, we brawlin irl.

bricksquad *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom