• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
and the fact that you can get away with doing ******** **** because there is a distraction or someone to physically disable the opponent by holding them so you can hit them with some long winded move that would otherwise never hit unless you made the most complicated read in America

like law school level reads *****.

Doubles is easier than Singles and if not easier it is much less stressful.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i agree with doubles being less stressful.

but i dont know about easier cause im not really a dubbbz man. i kinda hate dubz unless i have someone that knows my playstyle, and i theirs.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
its Easier for people who understand it I guess but Understanding of dubz IN GENERAL is limited...some people just don't mesh and when one person has to play outside of their playstyle then the team is failing imo. unless this person auto changes their playstyle between singles and doubles anyway.

Only thing I ever ask for a dubz partner is to not waste stocks just because I stock tank (CAMP) and get me grabs so we get free hammer kills.

and combo off my moves...lol I hate when I do fthrow -> Up-air and my teammate doesnt follow up with anything.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I agree with TK, we should team someday cause I like to throw a lot and I've thought of some team combos that are stupid.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Doubles............

I'm not entering them anymore, unless.....

1. I become good enough as a singles player to the point where good players will be interested in teaming with me.

AND/OR

2. I find a consistent doubles partner to train with outside of tourneys.

Ideally, I'd want to fulfill both conditions, but I'll enter again if I can fill just one. Doubles tourneys are fun, but I've been going absolutely nowhere in them (At least in singles, I can actually WIN sets.)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
thats what i did with shady

and then we won everything

but then

kadaj moved here

and shady leeches on to the current best player.

so he left me

for craig

and now we dont team anymore.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
btw turtl request that nc go to lounis's birthday tourney. i know craig is going, but you should try and go stingers, as well as all of nc.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the only thing I keep in my wallet keith, is my self respect. and if you look at that hole at the bottom of my wallet, you can see what happened to that

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

*CT*

Smash Lord
finding aggro partners in brawl is hard =[
Dude, I'm super aggro, we're gonna be static partners, right?

I only keep plastic in my wallet and Grandpa, I seriously keep a picture of him in there, since I never met him.

Sweet, I'm getting my Summer and Fall schedule/ enrollment ironed out atm.

@Stock- Are you planning on going to BBC1?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
we're gonna try haha

glifer57: wtf is patg DI
kadajj90: UGH don't you know anything about EC brawl?

jeez this guy is so rude to me...

DRN

Smash Lord
which is why im not going.
clearly.
Lame.

Venue area is just a room that has nothing church related inside of it. It was just our best option that would allow us to add money to the pots instead of using it on the venue. All the hotel venues we visited were smaller and overpriced. This venue is gonna help especially since were aiming to hold a tourney +$1000 which is why we need support. Support ur GA boys(and ATL South in general) and come out to this NC. <3?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
i might be up for going to bbc if i can find ppl to pay my gas....good luck with that i guess lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
and the fact that you can get away with doing ******** **** because there is a distraction or someone to physically disable the opponent by holding them so you can hit them with some long winded move that would otherwise never hit unless you made the most complicated read in America

like law school level reads *****.

Doubles is easier than Singles and if not easier it is much less stressful.
lol I think the reason yer not comprehending what I said is because maybe u havnt played a teamwork based competitive game before. If u have then u would understand that is what is all about. If u have played any first person shooter competitively there is something called a "team shot". There is something called a "bait and switch". I bring all the aspects that I have learned from other competitive team games and bring them to smash doubles and thats why I do really well in it. So u sir by making that comment show that u don't truly know what teamwork is. Dubs if played correctly should barely have any 1v1 battles. If u watch most dubs matches on youtube u will see two 1v1s going on. They battles are fought on opposite edges of the stage. This shows both teams don't know what they are doing lol.

If u only have to focus on one person and yer characters aren't equal then it is simple that if u have the technical skill all u have to do is put yerself in the better situation. There is less variables therefore less skill in my opinion. I takes a different mentality to do well in dubs. U have to pay attention to a whole lot more.

and its funny u say the grab thing cuz most people in smash don't even hold the person. They immediately throw lol. Go and watch vids on youtube of dubs matches and u will see this. And that stuff u talk about isnt ********, it is the opponents fault. The best dubs players in smash are able to pay attention to all 4 players on the screen. If yer not doing that, which most smashers don't then that is yer fault. U can't discredit a player who is able to do that. In FPS we would call that having "awareness" and "smarts". Trust me that is not common in the smash community. I have been teaching many people lately basic things in dubs that is natural to someone who is aware of "teamwork".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom