• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Niko45

Smash Master
I want to comment on how good ftilt is. The more I play the more uses I find for it and I sometimes can't even believe how much I use it now.

Max?

Smash Champion
Big problem XD

Against my Falco friend, when I grab the edge, he likes to crouch near the edge of the stage and basically if I attack, he CCs it, roll or jump in the air he counters it. Any tips?
Just mix up how you get up from the ledge. Regrab the edge a bunch of times, refreshing those invincibility frames, and then get up when you're ready. You have so many options to get up once when you decide to do so, here are a few examples:

- SH to the lip of the stage -> do whatever (shield/attack/move/grab)
- Waveland onto the stage -> whatever (roll towards the middle/shield/attack/dash/etc)
- Aerial from the ledge
- The Curse
- airdodge

I could on and on and on and on. You just have to mix it up, pay attention to what they are doing and focus on getting back to the middle and regaining control over trying to take the initiative.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
The last 2 weekends have been kind to Marth players. HBK won in NY, Shady won in MI, and M2K won two tournaments. ARC and Moon got 2nd recently too. On top of all that, Azen's back and improving his already stellar Marth.

Good ish fellas. The revival of Marth is well on its way :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
and im going to prom

with a girl whose favorite smash character happens to be marth LOL

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
The last 2 weekends have been kind to Marth players. HBK won in NY, Shady won in MI, and M2K won two tournaments. ARC and Moon got 2nd recently too. On top of all that, Azen's back and improving his already stellar Marth.

Good ish fellas. The revival of Marth is well on its way :)
hey hey u forgot that kfc is doing pretty good in friendlies!

yayuhz

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
I FINALLY GET WHY KEN USINGS BASIC NEUTRAL A WHEN Hes GEtting UP FROM A PLAT!!!! ITS AGRESSIVE, MEANING ITS LIKE THE ONLY OFFENSIVE OPTION A MARTH HAS WHEN GETTING UP FROM THE GROUND AND IF HE GETS HIT BY AN ATTACK THAT DOESNT SEND HIM FLYING HES THINKING AHEAD WHEN HE GETS HIT YALL CHECK EVERY GAMEPLAY VID, SOMETIMES IT DOESNT WORK BUT YOU CAN TELL HE TRYS STUFF AS SOON AS HE GETS HIT HERES AN EXAMPLE VID OF IT NOT WORKING AT 55 SECONDS, BUT STILL HE PLANED AHEAD SO DONT LET IT BRING YALL DOWN
\1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXNjPn9D_qA&feature=related

HERES AN EXAMPLE OF IT MAKING FALCO THINK BOUT WHAT HE SOULD DO AT 25 SECONDS
\2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9okPjKOMHVw&feature=fvwrel

AND HERE AN EXAMPLE OF IT GIVING KEN THE ELEMENT OF SUPRISE, at 43 seconds
/3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FycI-BCmpuY
As kens getting hit hes already using his directional influence to go towards the left side, bottom mid, plus he was agressing...??or sumthin, somboddy talk to me bout this!!

rustediron

Smash Lord
So I sat down with my friend the other day, and we played a bunch of Marth vs Falco. I'm pretty trash, he's pretty good, so I lost most of the games pretty hard.

On one of the games though, I tried something I remembered someone had told me; he'd told me that, apparently, if you powershield a shffld aerial, I can shieldgrab the motherf*cker.

I gave it a go, and it seemed to work. I could already powershield aerials pretty decently already, just hadn't found a use for it yet/had trouble confirming that I'd done it, and my laser powershielding is pretty decent as well.

So my question is this: what stops me from just standing there like a lemon and powershielding/crouch cancelling everything that motherf*cking bird throws at me?

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
So I sat down with my friend the other day, and we played a bunch of Marth vs Falco. I'm pretty trash, he's pretty good, so I lost most of the games pretty hard.

On one of the games though, I tried something I remembered someone had told me; he'd told me that, apparently, if you powershield a shffld aerial, I can shieldgrab the motherf*cker.

I gave it a go, and it seemed to work. I could already powershield aerials pretty decently already, just hadn't found a use for it yet/had trouble confirming that I'd done it, and my laser powershielding is pretty decent as well.

So my question is this: what stops me from just standing there like a lemon and powershielding/crouch cancelling everything that motherf*cking bird throws at me?
Very interesting. Does this work even if he does a very late aerial?

:phone:

rustediron

Smash Lord
Very interesting. Does this work even if he does a very late aerial?
Hmmm, good point, I'm not sure. I only first started getting the powershields on the aerials when I'd misread a falco and thought they'd try and laser me when actually they'd decided to aerial me, but I'd get the powershield anyway; aerials at a varied timing might be more difficult.

Grabs?

Powershielding is good, but as everything in this game, it's like RPS.
I guess.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
--Randomly grab from mid range
It's literally an effective option especially if they're locked on a certain side of the map, here's an example if Ken attempting a grab on opponent from outside a persons eyes grab range, pretty much if try input MOST ANY ATTACK KENS GRAB WILL STILL REGISTER IN CASES, IMAGINE BEING WAYYYY IN UR OPPONENTS HEAD THAT U PRETTY MUCH PREDICT A.......hmmm... BUTTON INPUT OR ATTACK THEN BAM U GRAB WHEN THEY ATTACK OR PUSH THAT BUTTON FROM THIS RANGE, CHEAPPPP!!!! , but legal;)
Heres a couple of examples but take note of the whole game as well. watch the differnt starts and approachs as they interact but in this lesson learn YOUR MARTHS POTENTIAL GAYYYYYYYNESS AND GRAB!!!
1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRpjc3wECM here at 1:01 1:05 here he attempts which MAKES PC ROLL!!< but notice the range ken is grabbing from use this to add your knowledge...not to mention WHERE hes attemptin a grab from....under plat

2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_qjac3yV6U&feature=related here at 1:57, 2:06
3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FycI-BCmpuY&feature=related here at 00:35
Alright here he attempts it but is force to block, heres an example if it doesnt go your way, Remember always be thinking of next step, and react accordingly to your opponent. And at 2:51 this monster grab so beatifully played

booshk

Smash Lord
Hmmm, good point, I'm not sure. I only first started getting the powershields on the aerials when I'd misread a falco and thought they'd try and laser me when actually they'd decided to aerial me, but I'd get the powershield anyway; aerials at a varied timing might be more difficult.

I guess.
blunted_object10 has shined after a PS nair/dair many times, before i could shieldgrab.
not sure if i'm shield grabbing slow or if it's just possible lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
powershielding an attack doesn't reduce shieldstun. There is no frame advantage gained for powershielding an attack over normal full shielding. The only real benefit is you can immediately attack without having to drop the shield. Shield grabbing will be the same.

Niko45

Smash Master
When I played Marth dittos with Cactuar I tried doing something first and it didn't work. Then I tried doing something second and it also didn't work.

Still scratching my head.

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is just my regular Falco-friend messing up, but generally I can powershield an aerial to a grab only if that aerial is downair, and I don't reshield, so the grab has to come out almost instantly after the powershield.

If he late nairs, though, I've never been able to grab fast enough to avoid the shine, and I don't actually think it's possible. Late dairs as well.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Marth dittos vs someone who is ultimately superior to you sucks ***. I played mew2king **** did not pan out very well.

this is Arc btw.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i go even with almost all of taj's characters (plus or minus, depending on which character it is)
and it makes me feel good
like i'm getting close to him

then he marth dittos me
and then i feel like the worst player in the world

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Marth dittos vs someone who is ultimately superior to you sucks ***. I played mew2king **** did not pan out very well.

this is Arc btw.
The only time I played m2k was at pound 4, idk what happened but when it became clear he couldn't just rofl stomp the one match we were playing (it was 2-2 in stocks) he just unplugged his controller and left lol. I'm sure 9-10 times it would just be utter destruction on his part but I've unfortunately never have gotten a complete game against him.

This is Arc btw.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i played m2k in marth ditto's for like 5 hours once...

we mostly went to the last stock each, but after 2-3 hours he really figured me out and just started 3/4 stocking me >_>

same story happened in fox dittos. and fox vs marth.

he just... figures you out X_X

Top Bottom