• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Whatever you do, don't jab.

Otherwise, you should mix it up/predict what they are going to do, like always. If they like to counterattack oos or roll towards you you should probably DD away and grab. If they like to sit in shield and wait for you to swing again it's probably a good idea to grab.

Niko45

Smash Master
Well if you do a "spaced" fair on a shield it'll be obvious that they can't grab you amd won't try to, so you don't need to jab or utilt right away to try to punish that. Dash away into grab, nair, dash attack, or pivot fsmash are the best imo.

If you do an "unspaced" fair all sorts of things can work as now you are really likely to bait a shield grab.

:phone:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Thanks guys. Real good useful stuff. Winston and Niko my favorites in here <3
Why not jab? I guess im just asking for situations and stuff. I guess it's cause I can always do something better.

Niko45

Smash Master
Does that work if they whiff a shield grab.
Yea definitely.

Thanks guys. Real good useful stuff. Winston and Niko my favorites in here <3
Why not jab? I guess im just asking for situations and stuff. I guess it's cause I can always do something better.
Jab is heavily CCable and doesn't actually lead to anything even if it works where as utilt is less CCable (in terms of what percent CC still works on it) and actually nets you big things if it lands.

I like jab as an anti-air but for pressure its just not really optimal for anything.

MT_

Smash Ace
Jab is less punishable on shield though than utilt in the event that they decide to just continue holding their shield.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Ok from what I gathered.......I'm not going to jab after fair if they can do anything OoS. Like wd OoS>attack/grab. I'll just wait.
**** Peach I jab her all day.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I agree with Niko, Jab is only good at countering aerials during their start up times, imo. Anything else can be done better with the other moves.

Oh and maybe edgeguarding sometimes.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Yea, this reminds me of something I've been meaning to post: walk up tilt is the metagame.

If you can get a walking up tilt (which tips spacies around 40-45ish) you should definitely take it over anything else imo (unless they are for some reason DIing off stage then obv fsmash). It just leads to enormous combos always. Most relevant on FD, but sometimes people will DI in, away from platforms on stages like BF and dreamland.
lol did you get that from HBK?

Just curious.

Niko45

Smash Master
lol did you get that from HBK?

Just curious.
Hmm no I'm pretty sure I got it from m2k on FD but idk.

@Moon I guess my staple after utilt(s) is to do rising up air(s) on to platform(s) and finish with regrab uthrow tipper or just straight into a tipper. That's all assuming they don't DI back behind me in which case I usually tipper them or dair if it will KO.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Marth brothers, Apex is soonly approaching. The biggest tournament ever. I urge all of my Marth brothers to have a good old time and make sure everyone knows that Marth is not down for the count. We shall not only represent ourselves, our region, or character, but each other. May our fairs be spaced and our Fsmashes not be random. Good luck brothers <3

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Marth brothers, Apex is soonly approaching. The biggest tournament ever. I urge all of my Marth brothers to have a good old time and make sure everyone knows that Marth is not down for the count. We shall not only represent ourselves, our region, or character, but each other. May our fairs be spaced and our Fsmashes not be random. Good luck brothers <3
... and if they are random, let them randomly hit someone in the eye...
that was beautiful

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I got ***** at Apex lol. I keep forgetting that good players are ALWAYS DIing no matter what they are doing. So damn technical argh.
Getting better though. 3 peaches in my pool.....gay.
Broke a shield in tournament though <3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We saw ur marth in pools. its actually probably the best marth atm o_O
wtf I was messing around in pools with marth LOL XD

@veetaak: yeah it was recorded and it's SOO GOOD

I wanted to wait until I did better consistently with Falco to play Marth in tournament, but too much dumb stuff keeps happening to me, so I think I'll start working hard on Marth to have a backup plan from now on. =)

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
wtf I was messing around in pools with marth LOL XD

@veetaak: yeah it was recorded and it's SOO GOOD

I wanted to wait until I did better consistently with Falco to play Marth in tournament, but too much dumb stuff keeps happening to me, so I think I'll start working hard on Marth to have a backup plan from now on. =)
That'll be scary for counter picks. Falco/Marth will cover everything possible.

Beat!

Smash Master
Recorded friendlies between PP's Marth and Armada?

PP's going to start using Marth as an actual secondary in tournament?

Is it Christmas again already, or what?

Good ****. I hope you'll bring some happiness and optimism to this character, because several Marth players seem to be ****ing depressed at the moment.

MaxThunder

PM Support
more vids of PP's marth eh?... awezome=)... i must say that the first time i saw a vid of his marth, i was totally mindblown... he plays exactly how i imagined the perfect marth...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Recorded friendlies between PP's Marth and Armada?

PP's going to start using Marth as an actual secondary in tournament?

Is it Christmas again already, or what?

Good ****. I hope you'll bring some happiness and optimism to this character, because several Marth players seem to be ****ing depressed at the moment.
I have lots of faith in this character. =)

Top Bottom