• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

stelzig

Smash Lord
I swear I couldn't get out of it FFFFFFFF. I had been trashing PAL ganon alot so I had to play against him. Didn't go very well lol (hopefully i'll do better next time). My peach (I don't use peach... Ever) did better against him than my marth ;_;

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
One thing I noticed from HBK vs Kage was that if Ganon is recovering above the stage with double jump Fair or similar stuff, it's easier to F-smash, F-tilt, or throw jabs at him than it is to D-tilt. Ganon's body tucked itself in and kept dodging HBK's D-tilts.

To do the Ganon MU, you have to keep a bit more distance between yourself and him than you normally would if you're going to engage him in a dash dance war. A lot of Marths use the same style of dash dance they'd use vs like Peach or something and it just doesn't work.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Yup. If you want to dash dance grab him, you almost have to grab his arm that extends out to you via the fair. But this is pretty easy with pivot grabbing.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Ohhh. I will check them out. :bee:
noooo don't watch my matches against VJ :urg:

He lost a moneymatch to a dane anyway so he can't be that amazing ^x^

Btw, is tipper Fair punishable by Samus if she crouchcancels? I think I read here before that it is, but my friend tells me that he can dsmash it...

Dart!

Smash Master
haley you rapscallion you.

i don't if you're wondering. definite joke.

i usually cut off junk food like a day or two before. practice tech skill and drink alot of water. i also eat a lot of fiber to ...*ahem* stay loose.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Tipper fair is unpunishable. Even at zero. Marth can shield before any d-smash can hit him (assuming he executes the fair reasonably close to the ground).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
noooo don't watch my matches against VJ :urg:

He lost a moneymatch to a dane anyway so he can't be that amazing ^x^

Btw, is tipper Fair punishable by Samus if she crouchcancels? I think I read here before that it is, but my friend tells me that he can dsmash it...
I did a test on this a while back and the tipped fair actually pushes samus backwards when she CCs, giving you even more space. This alone prevents any immediate samus punishment.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Dude what?

terminator chick is hella sexy

havent you ever seen sarah chronicles

tier list for women goes something like

Any woman with a gun tier *top tier*
samus
terminator chick
angeline jolie

then all tiers below that are like
*insert any disney chick here*

Niko45

Smash Master
Trying to zone Ganon is absolutely textbook for how to lose to Ganon. When you swing you need to hit him or you're going to find yourself quickly outspaced, pressured, or just flat out getting punished. I find the neutral matchup pretty comparable to jiggs as they both have a little spacing routine they can do to really put Marth on the defensive and gradually try to corner him with. The thing is these routines have pretty obvious patterns and windows of vulernability, along with them being generally pressured to keep doing them nonstop to keep Marth from just hitting them. What I find most effective is staying away and then overshooting a well-timed approach (typically during the initial start up of Ganon's jump or something). Then once you hit him you just go to town cause the punish and edgeguard is absurd on him.

CommonerCoffee

Smash Rookie
Moving away from the women MU topic, can anyone give me advice on playing against Link? I can't edgeguard him and I am reduced to lamely standing there while he hookshots or UpBs his back onto the stage every time. In addition, how do you guys deal with his neverending supply of projectiles? I try to just dash forward, jump, and fair if appropriately but it isn't working too well.

General tips against Link, anyone?

Top Bottom