• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Camouflage] The underused G&W tactic.

iPikmin

Smash Cadet
So I've never seen nothing about this here, and many people are not using this, even if this is such a tasty tactic, full of danger and mind gaming.

So let's start.

1.- WTF?! MY CHAR IS SO MONO-CHROMATIC!!!
Now, this has it's adventages, as you can HIDE ON STAGES BACKGROUND, well, not exactly hide, but making you hard to see and the enemy may loose your step as he is watching his.

2.- R U INSANE?!
No!

G&W Features 6 mono-chromatic outfits to show off.

Red, blue, yellow, black, sky blue, green.

3.- WHERE?!
Every outfit has it's stages, like, light blue works plainly good at battlefield, as the enemy has to look at his charecter at some point, and you will be lost in the sky background, and it takes 1~2 secs to your oponent to look where are you, EVEN with a name tag above you.

I have tested this with many real oponents.

Ok, now for the colors:

BLACK: nothing comes to mind, maybe brinstar, but your name tag won't work here.

RED: NORFAIR!!! this is my main counterpick, i love this stage!

BLUE: Final Destination, in most of transitions (the darky ones), your oponent WILL loose your step.

YELLOW: For this, i would change my controler to port 4, for a yellow arrow on the name tag, or if you don't want to loose your priority, remove the name tag, you're better off with out it anyway. So, jungle japes, rainbow bruise (at the ship), smashville if your oponent is blind (OBVIOUSLY AT DAYLIGHT)

GREEN: OBVIOUSLY: GREEN GREENS, but keep near from the tree. Pokemon stadium while it's at main transition. Yoshi's Island and Smashville IN THE DAY.

LIGHT BLUE: Now this is the ****, Battle Field, lightly transition of Final Destination, rainbow cruise, basicaly, any stage with blue sky!

4.- HOW THE HELL AM I SUPOSED TO GUESS THE STAGE!!!
You're thinking: "you choose the color first before the stage!"

Think this, there are 4 neutrals, and it's choosed 1 randomly.

BATTLEFIELD: G&W
FINAL DESTINATION: G&W G&W
YOSHI'S ISLAND: G&W
SMASHVILLE: G&W G&W

If you are doing stage strike out, if it's before the charecter choosing (rarely), you have a safe bet, if it's after, try to strike the stages that make you more noticeable.

If not, you have to choose one randomly, but since G&W and G&W cover two stages, choose from these. Actually, i use G&W first, since it works WAY better than G&W.

If your oponent is counterpicking, be sure to know some usual conterpicks of that charecter and determine his gameplay to be more sure. Example, you are fighting a snake who controls the stage madly, he ALWAYS has C4 and mines in the stage, when he is going to counterpick, you can be mostly sure than he is going to choose battlefield, since the plataforms allow him for a GODLY C4 and mines game.

If you are counterpicking, you are in the money, if you are fighting an olimar and you will choose rainbow cruise, use G&W, if you counterpick norfair, go with G&W.

5.- WTF?! THIS HAS NO PICS!! HOW DO YOU PROOF THIS IS TRUE!!!
I'll upload them later...

Give me props for this and I will do it soon.

Also, I may have forgot some stages on the color section, post what i've forgot and help me with this.

Also note: it's WAY BETTER without a name tag, i would STRONGLY suggest you not to use it, unless you're using a diferent config. (B-sticking, tap-jump off, etc.)

:bee:

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
I think I've noticed something relevant to your camoflaging - it's a little difficult to see when a cyan G&W is flashing for invincibility frames (if that's what they're called), so people unfamiliar with G&W might accidently attack when he can't be hit.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
most G&W mainers use colors based on preferences like any other character

at most Cyan is best because its so bright
so when you airdodge,IT MIGHT trick your opponent,because they can't see it

but 99% of the times,it wont matter lol

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Oh yeah and when the cyan GW has a full bucket, it's hard to see it. Normally it flashes whitish so you can tell but it's harder with the cyan costume.

TheStig

Smash Lord
light blue works on corneria too (but that stage is banned now) :)

its also very difficult to detect a full bucket with light blue

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yelling in your opponents ear and/or making moaning noises often works just as well as this.

*sigh*.

K 2

Smash Lord
I think most of the G&W community already knows this, but its not that effective. Honestly, you're opponent shouldn't have trouble seeing where you are even if you are "camoflaged."

POKE40

Smash Lord
Dressing up like you're going to a cosplay would work better than color tatic.
It actually is hindering when you're playing dark blue G&W on FD outside....... ):<

You can't see the guy without being a foot away from the television screen...

Do not play dark blue G&W on FD while playing outside. never.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this is a douchy thread, and I hate anyone that knowingly tries to pick a color to blend into the background

cyan on daytime smashville is freaking stupid...

cemo

white walker
The only one that matters is the cyan coloured. I even have a similarly coloured t-shirt to go along with it. (:

napZzz

Smash Hero
Since when do you have to see what someones doing to cg? lol. Must have been a beastly *** falco right there.

Noa.

Smash Master
Look, this really isn't going to affect the results of a match. Just pick your favorite color and play the game. The only people that would truly fall for this are either not so good players or color blind people.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Look, this really isn't going to affect the results of a match. Just pick your favorite color and play the game. The only people that would truly fall for this are either not so good players or color blind people.
Isn't it a rule that color blind players can request a certain character color if they want?
Well I think it was in the recommended rule set at some point at least.

Noa.

Smash Master
Isn't it a rule that color blind players can request a certain character color if they want?
Well I think it was in the recommended rule set at some point at least.
A blind person can request a certain color during doubles, so he can identify his partner and such.

Though they would probably add this as well if it ever happened.

napZzz

Smash Hero
why do people post on worthless threads like this in the game and watch section -___-

Top Bottom