• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
My gamertag is Aiex Bear if you ever need my help.
Alright, I'll add you the next time I get on. Feel free to invite me if I'm on, I'm usually not busy and it's pretty annoying to play with randoms, but I'm sure you already know that. :dizzy:

SeaNanners has inspired me to be a tryhard.
SeaNanners is secretly god. He skateboards, he plays CoD, and he has an awesome beard. I played with him in a few games of domination a while back, and he pretty much massacred every game. He's amazingly consistent, and he's just a really smart player. His commentary is also pretty relaxing to listen to.

Fletch

Smash Master
IF (Major emphasis on IF) Fletch ever comes back, and when D13 gets a mic, the PS3 team will be insanely good. Like, insanely good, even though there's only three of us that play regularly right now.

I really want to start playing in full parties again, playing with any number of randoms has become a nightmare. It's like every game that we lose, I look at our leaderboards and think "HOW THE **** ARE YOU SO BAD AT A GAME THAT YOU GO 1-12, or 9-27?!?!? WHY THE **** DO YOU OWN THIS GAME!?!?!?"

I normally play in a party of two or three (Usually Cyan and D13), we go positive every game, and we still lose like 1/2 games because the randoms on our team suck balls. I need more people to play with.
I wish there was a way for us to play the 360 guys so we could clobber them. And I have no idea when I'll be back, the wireless doesn't give me a good enough connection to play and I can't wire my main room, so it might be a while...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, I took advantage of the 3 month for 10 bucks deal they had on teh dashboard so I have online again yay.

And ****, the highest I can get camping is a CG before some ******* with a noobtubes bombs my camping spot

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Typically the best camping spots are certain buildings, however, that also means they're the easiest to RPG. I always die by semtex in my camping spots, it's virtually inevitable. It seems no matter how far away the semtex is, it'll still kill me.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Ok, it's not noob tubes all the time. I also get grenaded and RPGed
Best advice is to MOVE.

Point being, if you stay in the same spot, they WILL find you. Learn your environment. Get tricky. Set traps. Think ahead. MINDGAMES SON! MINDGAMES.

Well, I has it on Xbox 360. My gamer tag is Zamness. Oh and I rush.. thank you.
:highfives: Rush first; regret it later.

Hey, didn't I make a sig for you back in the day?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Hey, didn't I make a sig for you back in the day?
Didn't I play "The Conduit" with you back in the day? The Bureau?

Oh, And I'm buying a ps3 soon, and may very well get this game, if I ever get any good I'll give this thread a shout so that I can replace whatever negative ratio randoms you have to deal with.
(only fps I ever played online was the conduit for the wii... best fps on the wii, not so great otherwise. anyway, I think I got a negative ratio maybe 5 times in my entire experience playing online, with the exception of SWF team practice where everyone was good. I'm not sure that that will have much carryover skill though, I don't know if fps are more "tech skill" or mental-based. Me never using a dual analog controller before won't help. And I'm sure the ps3 gamers are much more hardcore than the wii ones.)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If you're playing PS3, just get a mic, and I'll be happy to play with you, I don't even care how horrible you are at the game at first, playing with me and Cyan, you'll get better pretty fast.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
^ Yessir. If you need help syncing it to the PS3 just ask or google it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Didn't I play "The Conduit" with you back in the day? The Bureau?
\
Never owned/played it. So no.

I just remembered, I requested you a sig and you never responded back!
Nah, don't worry, I'm just kidding. I know you were job hunting :p

Malik, we MUST play some CoD
Oh right... Umm... /runs off

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Jesus I'm finding it really hard to get a nuke right now.

I keep getting killed either while I'm using the chopper or when I'm on 10 kills.

/annoying

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I got an infraction just because I said the game sucked because of Uav and that it was a noob friendly game that didnt require much skill. thanks...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I got an infraction just because I said the game sucked because of Uav and that it was a noob friendly game that didnt require much skill. thanks...
You also worded it in a way that made you look like a troll, especially since you've never posted in this thread before. It's fine if you don't like it, everybody's mileage varies, but it's not okay when you start putting that dislike into your actions.

Plus, the fact that you only listed the UAV problem before going 'I could list more but I don't feel like it' kind of hurt your credibility a bit.

And you can always shoot the **** things down. Stingers ftw.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't trolling I gave my opinion.I said it was a noob friendly game that has an enemy position hack as a measly 3 kill streak award.Also that the game is heavily dependent on connection instead of skill. Then gave up posting.There are so many posts like mine and im sure they didn't get a 2 point infraction but thats ok.I guess my wording was to negative.

1.Uav I dislike this feature because it creates artificial chokepoints where non really exists.
2.Ninja pro ruins the fun of owning headphones I guess it doesn't matter I have Uav.
3.Heartbeat sensor ...
4.Out sniping snipers with assault rifles...
5.I want to be a soldier but always seem to be brazillian or middle eastern guys when I play... lol...
6.The kill streaks ruin the game.The game auto plays for you.Get harrier sit back it will get chopper gunner for you then simply get nuke ... game over.

There so much more but ill just end with this.A game that forces you to level up to unlock silly things like awards and guns is more of a scam game then anything else.The game should come with all guns unlocked and there needs to be more guns.I mean 1 bolt action rifle cmon ... lol meh sorry.

Fletch

Smash Master
looks like I can pick one up for under $20 refurbished. Assuming I get one and this game I'll be sure to post back here.
You can find them for much cheaper than that. The headset I currently use I got for free, just keep an eye out on deal sites.

I wasn't trolling I gave my opinion.I said it was a noob friendly game that has an enemy position hack as a measly 3 kill streak award.Also that the game is heavily dependent on connection instead of skill. Then gave up posting.There are so many posts like mine and im sure they didn't get a 2 point infraction but thats ok.I guess my wording was to negative.

1.Uav I dislike this feature because it creates artificial chokepoints where non really exists.
2.Ninja pro ruins the fun of owning headphones I guess it doesn't matter I have Uav.
3.Heartbeat sensor ...
5.I want to be a soldier but always seem to be brazillian or middle eastern guys when I play... lol...
6.The kill streaks ruin the game.The game auto plays for you.Get harrier sit back it will get chopper gunner for you then simply get nuke ... game over.

There so much more but ill just end with this.A game that forces you to level up to unlock silly things like awards and guns is more of a scam game then anything else.The game should come with all guns unlocked and there needs to be more guns.I mean 1 bolt action rifle cmon ... lol meh sorry.
Everything you listed has a built in counter. Don't like UAVs? Use Cold-Blooded. Don't like HBS? Use Ninja... etc.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
What Fletch said.

Plus, having every gun unlocked from the start would ruin the whole long-term appeal of multiplayer. Wouldn't be much point in playing it for so long if there's nothing to do except shoot people. Gives a sense of achievement.

Also, why does everyone keep thinking they NEED a headset to abuse sound? I can do just fine without it, I don't even need SitRep Pro in a lot of situations.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
What Fletch said.

Plus, having every gun unlocked from the start would ruin the whole long-term appeal of multiplayer. Wouldn't be much point in playing it for so long if there's nothing to do except shoot people. Gives a sense of achievement.

Also, why does everyone keep thinking they NEED a headset to abuse sound? I can do just fine without it, I don't even need SitRep Pro in a lot of situations.

I have played the original raven shield for my pc for 8 + years.If the long term appeal is damaged if they unlock all guns maybe the game really has not that much real appeal in the gameplay department?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion

3.Heartbeat sensor ...

1. Cold Blooded
2. Sitrep pro
3. Ninja
4. You're not very good at sniping
5. Who.....cares?
6. Stingers destroy killstreaks easily, especially when you have two people. Nukes don't happen like that anymore, so I don't know what kind of people you're playing against.

The point of unlocking things is to give you motivation to play. Even if you've reached level 70, there's a huge list of titles/emblems to unlock. I guess you could call them "silly" but that's the point. And I don't understand how this is a "scam game." What game don't you unlock things in? You start with virtually no characters at all in brawl/melee, so I don't understand why you'd like those games. They fit your description of "scam games" as far as I'm concerned.

Another quick point I'd like to make is that this game is meant for variety, letting players choose what they want to do and how they want to play. That's how all of these games are made. There's a counter to everything in this game, despite what it looks like.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wish there was a way for us to play the 360 guys so we could clobber them. And I have no idea when I'll be back, the wireless doesn't give me a good enough connection to play and I can't wire my main room, so it might be a while...
Solution: Get a 360.

EDIT: @ Uck:

I guess that BFBC2 is a scam game. Same for CoD4, WaW and SSB64/SSBM/SSBB for unlocking characters.

Please take any questions on your infraction to the moderator who issued it via PMs, thanks.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I call mw2 a scam game because if they did unlock evergun and perk in the game it will clearly show how inadequate and boring the gameplay actually is.What they do is make you work for it to give you a sense of accomplishment and prestige and makes you hungry for whats next making you lose focus on the actual crappy game itself.It also makes it harder to quit because of all of your silly accomplishments they made you go thru to use a gun. :p

Edit since no one posted -BFBC2 notice that noone really likes this game-SSB64/SSBM/SSBB is different the character are not hard to get you can unlock them all in a single sitting.Cod 4 was a bit more skill based which made it a better game but still a scam.

I mean what next unlocking moves in fighter games.Cant dtilt with marth until you get 2nd prestige?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I call mw2 a scam game because if they did unlock evergun and perk in the game it will clearly show how inadequate and boring the gameplay actually is.What they do is make you work for it to give you a sense of accomplishment and prestige and makes you hungry for whats next making you lose focus on the actual crappy game itself.It also makes it harder to quit because of all of your silly accomplishments they made you go thru to use a gun. :p

Edit since no one posted -BFBC2 notice that noone really likes this game-SSB64/SSBM/SSBB is different the character are not hard to get you can unlock them all in a single sitting.Cod 4 was a bit more skill based which made it a better game but still a scam.

I mean what next unlocking moves in fighter games.Cant dtilt with marth until you get 2nd prestige?
Your argument is still the same. What if I said the point of unlocking characters in melee is to distract the player from how crappy the game actually is? It's hard to quit because you've spent all that time getting the characters, right? That's your argument.

You have no way of proving me wrong. Melee has much less variety than a CoD game does, so I don't see how you can say it's any different. It's way more boring after you've obtained every character than MW2 is boring after you've unlocked every gun. Stating that MW2 is "crappy" and that all the CoD games are scam games is probably the most dull-minded statement I've ever heard in my life. And no one likes this game? I beg to differ. How many copies of Cod4 and MW2 have been sold and how many people are playing as we speak compared to melee or those other games you mentioned? I don't think you can count that high.

You can also get everything in one sitting in MW2 if you're good, or at least a couple of days. I went through my first prestige in about a day and 10 hours or so. It's really not that hard if you're a decent player and you don't whine about the game and shut it off. I got to tenth prestige legitimately and I stopped playing pretty easily despite the fact that I had worked hard for everything.

Although, in the end, you're obviously right. The only reason they created CoD games was to make you play them for a long time to distract you from how bad the games actually are. That has nothing to do with why it sold millions of copies and why it's still the most played series to date. I'm sure that was Infinity Ward's plan when creating this game, and all the people that have worked to prestige now realize, "Oh, now I realize how bad this game actually is! That's why I kept going and going for countless days on end in the first place. Not like I would have noticed if the game was bad or not quite some time ago or anything like that and stopped playing."

You discovered their plan! What type of cookie do you prefer, chocolate or oatmeal?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have the game on 360, but I really hate the controllers. PS3 for me.
Oh, this just reminded me, which controller do you guys like better? PS3 or Xbox

Note: I AM NOT trying to start up a console war, I'm simply asking a question over which playing style is better with which controller

(whoo hoo for off topic somewhat?)

Personally, I prefer the PS3 controller. It's tinier and since the shooting buttons are teh shoulder buttons, it's very easy to snipe/use one shot firing weapons because I can just repeatedly press the button quickly, as opposed as having to pull the trigger on the Xbox controller

D13

Smash Ace
And I have no idea when I'll be back, the wireless doesn't give me a good enough connection to play and I can't wire my main room, so it might be a while...
I'm sure there's some way to get it wired up. I've got a 100' ethernet cable that runs from my PC upstairs to my PS3 downstairs. I get amazing connections when plaing with randoms, but when I play with Cyan and everyone else I'm usually stuck at a 3 bar. We live too far away I guess.

My PX21s could arrive any time from the 9th to the 14th. ffffsdfdsdf

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I

Well, you don't unlock anything for prestiging except extra titles and custom classes which don't directly impact gameplay.

PS: You're complaining about stuff that's not that big of a deal, compared to OMA Tubes.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm sure there's some way to get it wired up. I've got a 100' ethernet cable that runs from my PC upstairs to my PS3 downstairs. I get amazing connections when plaing with randoms, but when I play with Cyan and everyone else I'm usually stuck at a 3 bar. We live too far away I guess.

My PX21s could arrive any time from the 9th to the 14th. ffffsdfdsdf
I have a 100 foot cord, and it isn't long enough. My roommates wouldn't be thrilled with me running wire all the way through the apartment either.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Who da ****? Coming into my MW2 thread telling me that MY game is a scam? ***** please.

You get everything at level 70. It's your choice to prestige. You have every gun, every perk, and all the equipment. You just get a small reward for prestiging and sometimes, the temptation is too great for some people. They give you all the best guns at the start, it's almost as if they get worse as you go. FAMAS/UMP/RPD/Barrett. Difficulty is subjective, so don't tell me that unlocking characters in other games is easier than this.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh, this just reminded me, which controller do you guys like better? PS3 or Xbox

Note: I AM NOT trying to start up a console war, I'm simply asking a question over which playing style is better with which controller

(whoo hoo for off topic somewhat?)

Personally, I prefer the PS3 controller. It's tinier and since the shooting buttons are teh shoulder buttons, it's very easy to snipe/use one shot firing weapons because I can just repeatedly press the button quickly, as opposed as having to pull the trigger on the Xbox controller
360 all the way. I don't have a PS3, but I've tried using it at a friends house. 360 is more comfortable for me. Better triggers and thumbstick placement. IMHO.

Fletch

Smash Master
360 all the way. I don't have a PS3, but I've tried using it at a friends house. 360 is more comfortable for me. Better triggers and thumbstick placement. IMHO.
Why they didn't put the sticks on the same level is beyond me. I cannot use the 360 controller effectively for that reason... the PS3 controller just makes way more sense.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Am I a bad person for this? My friend invites me to a "Simon Says" lobby, we're on Favela. After getting bored of it, I jump in the tree and plant a tac. I switch to my Riot Shield class because I know they're about to kill me. After about 2 minutes, the host says "Alex Bear, you didn't follow the command.", shoots me with a UMP. I spawn in the same spot, spin around, shoot an RPG, kill 8 of them, call in my Harrier and leave.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Am I a bad person for this? My friend invites me to a "Simon Says" lobby, we're on Favela. After getting bored of it, I jump in the tree and plant a tac. I switch to my Riot Shield class because I know they're about to kill me. After about 2 minutes, the host says "Alex Bear, you didn't follow the command.", shoots me with a UMP. I spawn in the same spot, spin around, shoot an RPG, kill 8 of them, call in my Harrier and leave.
And you guys complain when I kill an entire team of turtlers :p

Top Bottom