• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox LIVE Silver Unlock begins Friday, 3/12 and ends on Monday, 3/15 at 12:00 PM (ET).

Just a heads up for members here who don't have a gold membership yet.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm addicted to claymores.

i occasionally swap it for throwing knife, but just when i'm playing my ultra fun class (barret w/acog and magnum w/tac knife) and even that doesn't last long.

i'm also addicted to scavenger because i feel it goes hand in hand with claymores.
i have a marathon class and i've toyed with OMA but i always come crawling back.

this kinda sucks because while i'm using different guns, i'm still using the same basic class in all my slots.
even when i use the dangerclose gayness, i still use claymores constantly...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
i'm addicted to claymores.

i occasionally swap it for throwing knife, but just when i'm playing my ultra fun class (barret w/acog and magnum w/tac knife) and even that doesn't last long.

i'm also addicted to scavenger because i feel it goes hand in hand with claymores.
i have a marathon class and i've toyed with OMA but i always come crawling back.

this kinda sucks because while i'm using different guns, i'm still using the same basic class in all my slots.
even when i use the dangerclose gayness, i still use claymores constantly...
Agreed. Scavenger is a perfect first tier perk to use when you have claymores equipped. I love it how you can basically get an unlimited supply of claymores.

Danger close is awesome with semtex. :D

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ugh... i guess i have to start using semtex or frags with my dangerclose class. ha

also i want to mess around with OMA because i heard you can have up to two claymores and two c4's at one time. that sounds like it has potential...

Fletch

Smash Master
ugh... i guess i have to start using semtex or frags with my dangerclose class. ha

also i want to mess around with OMA because i heard you can have up to two claymores and two c4's at one time. that sounds like it has potential...
I do this all the time. OMA is unbelievably broken. I use it on every single class now; too bad it is getting patched... Oh well, it's going to be fun while it lasts.

EDIT: PS3 players can add me if you want, but I'm playing Dragon Age Origins, Demon's Souls, and RE5 a lot recently... I'll probably get back to MW2 soon, my PSN is ClownMafia.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
OMA in Search gives you maximum protection and pretty much guarantees a win if you play well enough.

I love it.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i was trying to find a use for it in TDM but it's a bit too tactical for the chaotic scrubs that just run around and die.

Grunt

Smash Master
i got fmj on my scar before getting any headshot challenges this prestige because i only used it for pro pipe classes.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wow my friends are ****s, lol. We were playing HC Search and I invited someone that was rather bad and didn't know what he was doing. My friends told him "Sam and Alex and I have A and B covered, you watch C" and the kid starts screaming "Where's C?!?!" so he runs out and gets killed. Jon also stood next to a barrel and told him to shoot it. He ended up killing himself because of ricochet. And the game after that he says "Guys I still can't find C!!!1"

S

smash brawl player 99021

Heh, had the best Game-Winning Kill today. I was camping a spot on Skidrow (Near the tunnel, the one with a small hole in a wall) and I saw someone coming through the tunnel. All that's visible was his toes, and I get him right in the foot. And this little piggy went "**** THERE'S A KNIFE IN ME"

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hiya, would anyone want to play Xbox tomorrow? I'm not very good but I think it'd be really fun to play with Smashers!

tag: emilywaves

Fletch

Smash Master
i got fmj on my scar before getting any headshot challenges this prestige because i only used it for pro pipe classes.
You can get headshots with the Pro Pipe; I've tried to get a couple while getting FMJ on all the ARs.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Too tactical for scrubs? What does that even mean?

I think you're just losing with it and calling other players scrubs in self defense.
It means they won't play tactically. They'll just run around with no sense of teamwork or strategy. They'll be taking unorthodox routes and screwing around.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Too tactical for scrubs? What does that even mean?

I think you're just losing with it and calling other players scrubs in self defense.
i know from your view that probably looked ignorant on my part but i actually wasn't doing bad at it, i just meant that most people in TDM like to randomly run around the map, which means it wouldn't be worth it to set up such a tactical strategy when it's faster and easier to just stick to what i know.

i'm not implying that everyone but me is a scrub.
i'll be the first to tell you that i'm not very good at this game.
with that said, you can't deny that most people in random TDMs are pretty bad when it comes to strategy and it leads to them being easy kills for the 2 or 3 good players in any given game.

think about it. when you see the scores at the end of a game, the top player from the winning team have a great KDR, there will be 1 or 2 who broke even, and the rest of the team went 3 and 15.
so when i say scrubs, don't think i'm being a sore loser. (even though i may be the loser)
It means they won't play tactically. They'll just run around with no sense of teamwork or strategy. They'll be taking unorthodox routes and screwing around.
also this^^^^

i actually had someone on my team who was trying to help out on their mic by telling us where the other team was hiding and what not. usually i have to mute everyone so i can't here them call people ******s and singing along to some random song the entire match.

TL;DR if you have a mic, be helpful to your team instead of being really annoying. haha

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Lol, as for just running arround and playing, a lot of people do that. Heck, I'm trying to make a knife only class, so I pick up my magnum and just run around randomly shooting people in FFA. I made 3rd or 4th every time. Haha.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Modern Warfare 2 'Stimulus' Map Pack Preview *NEW*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaN8q8FvS3s

*Not official. Still considered a rumor.*

StimulusMapPack
($15.00 or 1200 MS Points) <---- (lolololololololololololololol)
Release Date: Late Spring (end of March - End of May)

Maps
(Follow up-video of leaked photos soon)
Flashback Pack
- Crash
- Overgrown
- Shipment

Stimulus pack
- Complex
- Compact
- Storm

Add-ons to MW2 when Stimulus Pack is Purchased:
- Set of 20 Challenges with unlockable Emblems and Titles
- 3 Perks (see below)
- 3 New Weapons
- 5 new Spec-ops missions (Foxtrot)
- several online modes will be added on release of map pack

additional add-on info:

Challenges - The challenges are undetermined (10 Titles, 10 Emblems)

Perks - 3 new Perks
Quickhands: Swap weapons faster Pro: ?
Overkill: Two Primary Weapons Pro: ?
Heterochromiac: Toggle Thermal Vision pro: ?

Weapons - 3 new weapons for Multiplayer (no new attachments)

Thanks to Icydeath for finding this video!

EDIT:

Rumor: Why Call of Duty Developers Are Sticking Around

http://kotaku.com/5491675/rumor-why-call-of-duty-developers-are-sticking-around

"Sources tell Kotaku that Modern Warfare publisher Activision is delaying paying Infinity Ward employees their royalties. Every employee who worked on Modern Warfare 2 is apparently in for royalties."

"Sources tell Kotaku that Activision continues to delay royalties to other employees in order to keep them at the company. The morale at Infinity Ward is reportedly extremely low."

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so the new weapons and perks are coming in a patch when the map pack comes out?
or you have to buy the pack to get the new guns and perks?

obviously one of those is complete BS. LOOL

edit: when i read "complex" i think of my favorite goldeneye map... I VOTE FOR A GOLDENEYE MAP SET TO BE RELEASED AS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
so the new weapons and perks are coming in a patch when the map pack comes out?
or you have to buy the pack to get the new guns and perks?

obviously one of those is complete BS. LOOL

edit: when i read "complex" i think of my favorite goldeneye map... I VOTE FOR A GOLDENEYE MAP SET TO BE RELEASED AS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
The supposed new weapons and perks will be included in the map pack. You have to buy the map pack in order to receive them. :(

lol me too. God, I loved Goldeneye 007. But Perfect Dark is being released on the XBLA on Wednesday and will have some of the Goldeneye 007 multi-player maps and weapons. :D

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
The supposed new weapons and perks will be included in the map pack. You have to buy the map pack in order to receive them. :(

lol me too. God, I loved Goldeneye 007. But Perfect Dark is being released on the XBLA on Wednesday and will have some of the Goldeneye 007 multi-player maps and weapons. :D
first of all, if you have to buy them, they are either going to have to separate players who've bought the map pack from players who haven't while playing online, or (more likely) they'll have it so players who've purchased the pack can use guns against players who cannot get that gun unless they go buy it. if one of the new weapons or perks is uber broken, that wouldn't seem very fair.

that's my rant on content that you have to buy for an online game.

secondly, i play on ps3 so anything in your post that would make me happy just hurts that much more. haha

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I want a HUGE MW2 date tonight at 8:30! I'm talking about 6 people for a full team! All 360 owners must be online tonight at 8:30! This is mandatory!

that is all

S

smash brawl player 99021

I want a HUGE MW2 date tonight at 8:30! I'm talking about 6 people for a full team! All 360 owners must be online tonight at 8:30! This is mandatory!

that is all
I'll try. I'm actually having a social life tonight, but I should be done at 8ish :l

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ground war is pretty chaotic and full of people running around. good for quick level ups.

i wanna know how to get cold blooded pro or sitrep pro faster... it takes a while...

Grunt

Smash Master
once i got akimbo i just did a riot shield class with marathon SP and ninja and ran around with those on domination. i went like 5x-10 and unlocked tac knife in one game

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm pretty sure stopping power doesn't do anything to magnum.

i read that it makes the bullets stronger but it still takes two shots to the chest to kill with or without stopping power.

not bad though.

Top Bottom