• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ok, I just got Ninja but i'm not sure if I should put it on my sniper class.
Right now I got the
-Intervention with FJM
-Spas 12 with grip
-Slight of Hand pro
-Stopping Power Pro
-Steady Aim
-Claymore
-Flash grenades
-digital camo

What are your guys' suggestions?
Use Stuns. Much better. Everything else looks fine, though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
i didn't know these boards existed, but i'm glad i found this thread.
i've been playing this game lately and i don't have anyone to talk about it with. lol
Welcome to the Modern Warfare 2 thread! :) Always great to have new people! Feel free to ask almost anything because a good few of us are quite experienced at the game, and we discuss just about everything about the multiplayer.

Use Stuns. Much better. Everything else looks fine, though.
IDK claymores can really be good for stationary snipers. It mostly depends on if he runs and guns or not, which I doubt.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Alright, thanks!
And, yes, I love Submachine guns waaaaaaay more than Lightmachine guns.

Also, when I "snipe," I don't really stay in 1 place a lot... what would be good then, ninja?
What I would do is...

1. Snipe someone from some camping spot or position.
2. Since they'll probably want to get revenge, seek another spot where you can view your previous spot because they might be heading back your way.
3. Kill 'em.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Just constantly shift from spot to spot. That's my strategy, at least.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The L86 is garbage as far as LMGs go. Try out the AUG or the RPD.
Already did. I guess I'm one of those people who use a gun just to see what it's like. In this case it's also because I'm utterly obsessed with unique attachments i.e. the SUSAT sight.

I just don't like the... loudness of it. I hate 'em. Long reload times, such obvious giveaway, eww. I prefer Submachine guns. Who's with me? :)
And they reduce your speed, too! But then, they don't lose damage over range, they've actually got some respectable accuracy with a Grip, and they have huge ammo clips. SMGs don't have any of that. LMGs are more suited for the defensive kind of player, like me.

My god, Sitrep Pro is an utter nightmare to get. I've been blowing up Claymores, C4s and Tactical Insertions for two days now and I'm still not even halfway...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i haven't touched any LMG because the only time i tried one, i was so slow and i didn't see the advantage having a big clip and being that slow since i never just chill at the front lines.

large clips don't seem to make up for the low mobility in my eyes.

i have class setups with ARs, SMGs, and snipers. i've even flirted with the riot shield's uses more than LMGs.

edit:
My god, Sitrep Pro is an utter nightmare to get. I've been blowing up Claymores, C4s and Tactical Insertions for two days now and I'm still not even halfway...
you've just inspired me to put sitrep on all my classes until i get sitrep pro. lol

Fletch

Smash Master
Ok, I just got Ninja but i'm not sure if I should put it on my sniper class.
Right now I got the
-Intervention with FJM
-Spas 12 with grip
-Slight of Hand pro
-Stopping Power Pro
-Steady Aim
-Claymore
-Flash grenades
-digital camo

What are your guys' suggestions?
Any reason you're using the Intervention over the Barrett? Also, why FMJ over some of the other attachments.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sitrep Pro isn't that hard to get, infact I almost have it already and I just started to use it again recently. But the very last Sitrep Pro challenge is indeed very tough to get. You gotta destroy 750 equipments.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I use FMJ on any sniper because none of the other attachments are good.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Heartbeat sensor? I really don't see any point of putting FMJ on a sniper rifle. In CoD4, I never used deep impact because shooting people through walls and stuff is pretty useless IMO.

I'd rather just put iron lungs/steady aim on a sniper rifle and put thermal/HBS on it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always used Deep Impact and still do.

I really dislike thermal and Heartbeat Sensors not only slow down your ADS, but they can't be fully seen and don't really help to begin with. FMJ or Extended Mags for me.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sorry if this has been asked 9,001 times before but does extended mags increase the amount of bullets in your clip or just give you extra mags to go though?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
3,775th post Grunt. Way 2 go!

All this talk about Sitrep Pro makes me want to get it now. I bet it could be pretty useful in SaD since people use Claymores frequently... Kinda.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I use SitRep quite a bit, I've had pro for some time now and really like it. I played at a friend's house on Sunday and he had surround sound. Felt like people were right behind me, it's like a train.

Extended Mags does add more bullets to your clip. It helps on guns like the SCAR, making it 30 per mag instead of 20.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I use SitRep quite a bit, I've had pro for some time now and really like it. I played at a friend's house on Sunday and he had surround sound. Felt like people were right behind me, it's like a train.

Extended Mags does add more bullets to your clip. It helps on guns like the SCAR, making it 30 per mag instead of 20.
Yeah but it sucks how it's an attachment. :(

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
What I would do is...

1. Snipe someone from some camping spot or position.
2. Since they'll probably want to get revenge, seek another spot where you can view your previous spot because they might be heading back your way.
3. Kill 'em.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Just constantly shift from spot to spot. That's my strategy, at least.
Thanks a lot! I'm kinda new to COD. :p Lol, my best score is like 18-6 on sub base. I'm not al lthat good, but I wouldn't say I'm terrible.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually prefer it as an attachment. I hate not having Dead Silence.

If you play on 360, feel free to add me, CA5H. :)

Connor H Sucks

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The only reason I use ninja in TDM is because I don't want to appear on the enemie's HBSs, I don't care about silent footsteps because it's TDM. No one listens for that kinda stuff, only in SnD do people actually listen for enemies footsteps.

I don't know any other good third tier perk other than ninja tbh.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I use Ninja on every class all the time always.

People do hear your footsteps in TDM, you just don't know it. You're above me on the second story, I wait. It's not because I'm camping. It's because I heard you.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
From my experience, people don't generally listen for footsteps in TDM because everyone's just running around and shooting everyone. SnD is a very tactical playlist so people will try to listen for any kind of movement from the enemy. Just saying. Like in CoD4, I only used dead silence for SnD but I slapped on Excon for my MP5 class if I'm playing Dom/TDM.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
sitrep sounds good to me because about a third of my kills in TDM are claymore kills. if they'd been using sitrep, it could've been avoided. commando is nice but sucks when you're used to it and you try to knife without it. commando pro is great for maps like favela. nothing sucks more than starting a firefight when you already have blood on your screen.

i never use FMJ and i shoot people through walls all the time. when somebody think's they're clever and they crouch under a window they just shot from, just aim at the wall under the window. i don't actually know how much FMJ helps.

if you're using the scar, since it has great iron sights, you can throw on the noob tube or extended mags. FMJ doesn't seem to be the most efficient attachment.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention something, yesterday I scored 6 AC130s with one of them being from a care package. Oh and my game was and still is acting weird for me. It won't let me turn left very well at times, so I was kinda handicapped when I was getting those AC130s. I might get my game traded in for another copy. But either way, I feel very proud of myself. And I scored about 2 or 3 AC130s today. Just need like 6 more and I'll have AC130 Veteran III done.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Thanks a lot! I'm kinda new to COD. :p Lol, my best score is like 18-6 on sub base. I'm not al lthat good, but I wouldn't say I'm terrible.
You'll get there. I was awful at first. My K/D in COD4 was .68; Compared to my 1.11 K/D in MW2. You'll get better, trust me.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah, that'll help a lot. Don't do it if you enjoy knifing, though. I never knife anymore, and if I do it's clumsy and mediocre.

Also, to all you newer members/players:

Read some guides on the front page. They'll help a lot.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm doing a lot better, lol. I got a predator today and couple care packages, and I no longer have a negative k/d every ****ing round. XD

I'm also working on my sniping. I hate acog scope, but I have to use it to get thermal. >_>

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Attention new members posting in this thread:

I have obtained a 48 hour Xbox LIVE membership code. If you're planning on making a gamertag and want to play some games online, send me a PM!

:)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just to spread the word some more, to the new members, the Guides on the front page are GREAT. I'd recommend them all (including mine on Killstreaks ;))

Fletch

Smash Master
I know you mentioned why you don't use them later, but HBS and Thermal are both very good on Snipers. I actually have a Blinged class to use both of them for a certain map...
(Wasteland)

I don't know any other good third tier perk other than ninja tbh.
Commando Pro is one of the best perks in the game.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I know you mentioned why you don't use them later, but HBS and Thermal are both very good on Snipers. I actually have a Blinged class to use both of them for a certain map...
(Wasteland)

Ninja Pro is one of the best perks in the game.
There, I fixed that typo for you.
Commando is for scrubs. Not even USEONLYmeBLADE uses it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Commando Pro is one of the best perks in the game.
Unfortunately, he's right. The advantage you have over others at knifing range is too high for anyone without Commando unless they have a shotgun ready to blow in their face.

I'm not saying it's the best in the tier though. Ninja Pro is the best. :)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Knifing Commando is for scrubs. Period. It takes zero skill to mash down a control pad. I get so frustrated when I get knifed for 8 feet away.

X____________________X

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Commando is like the halo sword lunge without the sword!

EDIT:

First Modern Warfare 2 map pack coming to Xbox Live on March 30

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/09/first-modern-warfare-2-map-pack-coming-to-xbox-live-on-march-30/

http://kotaku.com/5489613/modern-warfare-2-promises-breakthrough-cure-for-mapathy

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/10245410129

"http://www.mapathy.com - Feeling the effects of Mapathy? It's okay, the cure is hitting #Xboxlive in just 3 short weeks. #MW2"

"Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling has pointed us toward a new self-help website filled with good news: new maps are coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on March 30th. "

Fletch

Smash Master
Knifing Commando is for scrubs. Period. It takes zero skill to mash down a control pad. I get so frustrated when I get knifed for 8 feet away.

X____________________X
Just because it's a "scrubby" perk doesn't mean it's not great. As much as I hate people that use it, I use it myself for some classes and it is really great; I honestly think it's better than Ninja Pro.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just because it's a "scrubby" perk doesn't mean it's not great. As much as I hate people that use it, I use it myself for some classes and it is really great; I honestly think it's better than Ninja Pro.
List a few good reasons about Commando Pro. All I can think of is lack of fall damage, and incredibly gay knifing range.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You do realize that the knife range makes you nearly invincible within that range, right? And the no fall damage is a huge plus?

Commando and Ninja are the ONLY Tier 3s worth using, imo.

Top Bottom