• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fletch

Smash Master
Right now I'm using:
Scar-H with Holo scope
Spas shotgun (forgot the number after spas.)
Regular grenades
Stun grenades

and my perks are:
Marathon
Stopping power
Steady aim
Painkiller

Killstreaks:
UAV
Predator missile
Harrier

That's my current set up, lol. I think I'm playing badly due to lack of skills, though.
Try Semtex out. Honestly I've always found them way better than frags, but I never really got the hang of those. Your killstreak setup is a great one for starters, maybe even switch out UAV for care package if you feel consistent with getting 4 KSs to get the hang of the upper tier KSs (although I never want to discourage people from using UAV haha). The SCAR is a great starting gun, but I'd honestly ditch the holo and learn to use the iron sights, they are great. If you're not doing well, maybe you should try using the heartbeat sensor or noob tube as an attachment (just don't depend on them TOO much). Marathon is not a great first tier perk for this setup. I'd try Scavenger for now as the SCAR runs out of bullets very fast, and this will also allow for more semtex/tubes if you go that route. Steady Aim, which I think is good for shotguns (not an SG user), isn't the best third tier perk; I'd go for something easy to abuse like Commando for now or else try out Ninja. The rest looks good though; happy killing.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Try Semtex out. Honestly I've always found them way better than frags, but I never really got the hang of those. Your killstreak setup is a great one for starters, maybe even switch out UAV for care package if you feel consistent with getting 4 KSs to get the hang of the upper tier KSs (although I never want to discourage people from using UAV haha). The SCAR is a great starting gun, but I'd honestly ditch the holo and learn to use the iron sights, they are great. If you're not doing well, maybe you should try using the heartbeat sensor or noob tube as an attachment (just don't depend on them TOO much). Marathon is not a great first tier perk for this setup. I'd try Scavenger for now as the SCAR runs out of bullets very fast, and this will also allow for more semtex/tubes if you go that route. Steady Aim, which I think is good for shotguns (not an SG user), isn't the best third tier perk; I'd go for something easy to abuse like Commando for now or else try out Ninja. The rest looks good though; happy killing.

Ok, thanks. I've already put semtex and a grenade launcher in, and I'm using scavenger too. Steady aim is for the shotgun, lol. I don't have Ninja unlocked yet, I'm level 15.

I'm also playing around with a sniper class. I've got a 50cal and a PP2000 equipped for it.

Anyway, thanks for offering to help guys! Should I go ahead and add you?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Does any1 know what it takes with the Intervention to get a 1 shot kill?

Even if u dont hit them in the head, and they dont have painkiller, shouldnt u get a 1 hit kill if u use stopping power pro and FMJ?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ok, thanks. I've already put semtex and a grenade launcher in, and I'm using scavenger too. Steady aim is for the shotgun, lol. I don't have Ninja unlocked yet, I'm level 15.

I'm also playing around with a sniper class. I've got a 50cal and a PP2000 equipped for it.

Anyway, thanks for offering to help guys! Should I go ahead and add you?
Go for it and add me. MrXBrightside
And on that Sniper class, consider using a pistol. If you encounter someone up close, you'll need to whip out your secondary, right? PP2000 takes a good while to get out, but any pistols are incredibely fast. Up to you, though.

:043:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just saw DTH's first mini-myth. You can easily get CB pro by shooting a helicopter when it's spinning out of control and every shot that hits will count towards earning CB pro.

:O

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I just saw DTH's first mini-myth. You can easily get CB pro by shooting a helicopter when it's spinning out of control and every shot that hits will count towards earning CB pro.

:O
Saw my friends little brother boosting with it.

Now that the Care Package glitch is gone, I think I'm going to do this to get CBP. I'm really lazy and a huge rocket launcher on your back isn't exactly stealthy...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
When I first started playing MW2's multi-player, I unlocked the precision airstrike. Silly me.

I remember I started using these kill streak rewards:

Predator missile
Precession airstrike
Harrier strike

I suck.

Oh yeah, there might be a new javelin glitch coming out soon. I saw a video where people blew up when they died.

:ugh:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh god, please no. Can this game get off the glitches? I already been getting annoyed lately with N00btubers, knifers, and shotgunnerz, rocketerz. I don't know why I'm so stubborn, I'm playing with silenced weapons. I never win my gunfights. :(

Busted a controller the other day due to bad spawn points. I actually got spawned into the explosion of grenades. Twice. In a row.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You think that's bad? A friend challenged me to a 1v1 the other day, trashtalking. I decided to be cocky and use an Intervention against his UMP. 19 to 18, I was up by one. He kills me, and I spawn into a claymore. I take one step and die again.

F8AL you went 4-1-4. :mad: I'm not the one camping.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You think that's bad? A friend challenged me to a 1v1 the other day, trashtalking. I decided to be cocky and use an Intervention against his UMP. 19 to 18, I was up by one. He kills me, and I spawn into a claymore. I take one step and die again.

F8AL you went 4-1-4. :mad: I'm not the one camping.
I wasn't camping, I was running around but your team had to camp and use noob tubes.

It also didn't help with MW2's horrible hit detection and spawn points.

EDIT: And I never complained about you camping, my friend did.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't mind glitches other than the Care Package glitch. some are funny. Keep things changing :p

Grunt

Smash Master
WOW
ok so my brother was playing Cod4, and kept getting sniped my people right as he spawns.
he says:
"Wow, i cant barely even spawn before someone snipes me. seriously some guy just ran by me, and no scoped me as i was sitting in the grass like this."
he jump, turns 180 degrees, shoots into nothingness, and gets a kill.
we sit for a few seconds amazed before breaking into laughter.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yes.

I actually seem to like Akimbo UMP's on small maps (Skidrow (in the building), Scrapyard, etc. Steady Aim helps a lot too. Then a SPAS as a secondary D;

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Yes.

I actually seem to like Akimbo UMP's on small maps (Skidrow (in the building), Scrapyard, etc. Steady Aim helps a lot too. Then a SPAS as a secondary D;

Bling, Rapid Fire and Akimbo
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

MP5k. It's amazing. Even without Akimbo Rapid Fire is easily my favorite attachment.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok, new glitch on skidrow.

So I called in a sentry guy, which happened to land on a "box" on the ground.

I tried all I could and could not open it or anything. -_- even threw semtex on it to blow it off the box, but it just stayed there. O well.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A friend invited me to play some hardcore Search the other day and I tested out horrible setups. I went 14-0-1 yesterday with this setup.

MP5k w/ Thermal + Rapid Fire
Blast Shield / Flash x 2
Bling Pro
Danger Close Pro
Scrambler Pro

We played against 4 tenth prestige hackers, a 9th, and their level 70 friend.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It did not work very well at all. Everyone had Cold Blooded excluding the 9th person that just prestiged and was level 1. My only death was because of how underpowered the setup is. I got to the tunnel on Skidrow and saw him laying down. Along with the MP5k's natural recoil, the rapid fire and thermal scope, I hit him once. Hitmarker and he shot me.

I'm trying out setups like that. I almost did well with Akimbo/Rapid Fire Vectors on Sub Base. 7-4.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Time 2 state teh PHACKTZ

Worst AR- F2000
Worst Sniper- WA2000
Worst SMG- Mini-Uzi <---- this was a hard choice
Worst LMG- M240
Worst MP- TMP
Worst Shotgun- Ranger
Worst Handgun- Desert Eagle

Anyone disagree? Cause you shouldn't! :grrr:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ok, new glitch on skidrow.

So I called in a sentry guy, which happened to land on a "box" on the ground.

I tried all I could and could not open it or anything. -_- even threw semtex on it to blow it off the box, but it just stayed there. O well.
Care Packages are not affected by any sort of explosion or gunshot. Nice try.

And TRG, I think Akimbo Rangers are the bomb. Striker is the worst imo. And TMP is good >_> So accurate, and great with Sleight Of Hand. can someone say fastest reload time?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And TRG, I think Akimbo Rangers are the bomb. Striker is the worst imo. And TMP is good >_> So accurate, and great with Sleight Of Hand. can someone say fastest reload time?

The striker has a huge clip size which is very important on shotguns and the TMP has such a small clip size that I don't consider it to be a good MP at all.

I would have said the G18 is the worst MP but I've learned the hard way that Akimbo G18's **** hard. >.>

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I just love the Uzi. I've gotten 2 CG/AC130less nukes with it. I only use it silenced though.

It goes without saying that the UMP UMP UMP is the best. I'd say that the MP5k is the worst. But I can't give an answer without being biased.

To me: UMP45 > Mini-Uzi = P90 > Vector > MP5k

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It's really interesting how many contrasting opinions there are, on the rankings o the SMG's.

I really think UMP is the best with MP5k second. I didn't use the Mini-Uzi much, but the Vector I have to say is last. I don't use the P90 much at all. Maybe it's an acquired taste, but I can't seem to EVER do well with it.

Also I think the Vector is the worst.

S

smash brawl player 99021

My list goes:

1. UMP
2. Vector
3. MP5
4. P90
5. Uzi

Uzi sucks mad ****.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Also I think the Vector is the worst.
I disagree. In hardcore game modes, the Vector does great work, which is due to its very high rate of fire and surprisingly good accuracy.

My list would look like this-

1. UMP
2. P90
3. Vector
4. MP5K
5. Mini-Uzi

The MP5K and Mini-Uzi suffer from recoil issues, which makes them the inferior SMGs IMO.

But then again, if the MP5K dropped the "K" then it would have the potential of being one of the best guns in the game. The MP5 in CoD 4 was amazing to say the least. :laugh:

EDIT: stumbled across a new video by OpTicNation. The guy went 30-0 in a FFA on Sub Base with an Intervention. His reaction time is great and I wish I could quick-scope like that. o.o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bj1x2qPJLM

S

smash brawl player 99021

Like :mad: would say, his Killstreaks get him the majority of those kills.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok, I've asked this question before, but what do you guys use when you snipe?

I mean, I just the the Intervention, so I'll use that with Slight of hand pro, stopping power pro, and steady aim, but I don't have FMJ yet...For a secondary, I just stick with the spas 12 with the grip. It just owns.
So, what do you guys use?

Exia 00

Smash Champion

I mean, I just the the Intervention, so I'll use that with Slight of hand pro, stopping power pro, and steady aim, but I don't have FMJ yet...For a secondary, I just stick with the spas 12 with the grip. It just owns.
So, what do you guys use?
I have 2 separate classes. One with Berret .50 Cal and one with Intervention. Same perks and secondary as well. Spas-12 is by far the best SG (damage+range) since the pre-patched 1887's.

I'm not gonna judge you're SMG list's but I can't wrap my head around why you guys place MP5K so low.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fall Intervention w/ FMJ
Akimbo USP .45s
Claymore / Stuns x 2
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro / Steady Aim Pro

I believe that SMGs go like this.

1. UMP45
2. P90
3. Uzi
4. F2000
5. Vector
6. MP5k

I can truthfully say that I have used all of these guns a lot more than most of you. The Uzi is incredibly underrated because it's outclassed by the P90 because of the larger clip. I put the Uzi above both the MP5k and Vector for a number of reasons. It can function well with other attachments. Moreso than the last two. The F2000 is not an Assault Rifle, it's a Sub Machine Gun.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The typical (yet effective) sniper setup is this-

Intervention or .50 Cal w/ FMJ
Secondary weapon varies
Claymore or Stuns x2
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro or Steady Aim Pro (This is also a matter of personal preference. If you're more of a mobile sniper, go with Ninja Pro, but if you're a bit on the campy side, go for Steady Aim Pro.)

I'm not gonna judge you're SMG list's but I can't wrap my head around why you guys place MP5K so low.
Recoil

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I have to say, the way machine guns go, I LOVE the UMP45. My favorite.

How long 'til IW ruins the Spas? By far, it is my fav SG. I just love it. Great damage and range.

Top Bottom