• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I'll 1v1 you just because it's fun. I'm not really good, I just love sniping on small maps.
GT=mileyfan2436

1v1 rust quickscopes only intervention only LETS DO THIS

also I havent used the intervention in a minute so I might be a little rusty. Also no homo on the GT, it's a joke :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ Icy: I agree. The game winning kill cams are an awesome feature in MW2, it's a shame sometimes it doesn't work/show up.

And the knife isn't gay. It just sucks how it misses a lot, but I do like the tactical knife because it's basically a shank! :)

@ Ophy: Added your GT.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Also if someone is rushing at me while i have my intervention i quickscope them. Ez dood.
But if you miss, I'll repeat that you're prtty much screwed... But you can't quickscope someone with a .50 Cal?

And the amount of people using an Intervention is irrelevant. A lot of big-named snipers such as Hutch have said themselves that they believe the .50 Cal is the all-around better sniper rifle, which (imo) is a more reliable source than a bunch of randoms that play MW2, or even GBs for that matter.

The main reason that the Intervention is so popular is because it's the one-shot sniper of choice. Ever since CoD4, players have gotten accustomed to using bolt-action sniper rifles thanks to the M40a1. The Intervention and the M40a1 are nearly identical, so of course the Intervention is going to be the most popular sniper in MW2 since it's the only bolt-action in the game.

And a 1 v 1 really wouldn't mean anything. If I ended up beating you using a WA2k would that mean it's the better sniper? Absolutely not. But I'll definitely 1 v 1 you sometime. GT: TEH 4pp1e SEED.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You make me feel bad when I loose to you now.

I'd have a rematch, but I've been owned so many times today.

Except No-scopes, I'm a ninja at them.
I'm average at best, really. You just have to practice.

A 1 v 1 really wouldn't mean anything. If I ended up beating you using a WA2k would that mean it's the better sniper? Absolutely not. But I'll definitely 1 v 1 you sometime. GT: TEH 4pp1e SEED.
If you want I'll 1v1 you snipers, even though it doesn't prove anything rofl.
He already said it meants nothing in advance. At any rate, you should always be switching to your secondary if someone gets close. Clip size and fire rate really do mean nothing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
.50 Cal > Intervention.

Statistically speaking (Although highly unlikely), you can get two times the number of kills with the .50 cal than with the Intervention due to the fact the the .50 cal holds 2x the number of ammo. They have the exact same damage, and the .50 Cal shoots way faster (not that it matters). The Intervention has slightly better accuracy, but it's practically meaningless outside of hipfire, which you shouldn't be doing much of with a sniper anyways.

People use the intervention for pride-related reasons more than anything. Honestly, this argument is stupid. Use what you want, nobody cares what you use.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
He already said it meants nothing in advance. At any rate, you should always be switching to your secondary if someone gets close. Clip size and fire rate really do mean nothing.
Right I was just making it clear that whoever won with what sniper wouldn't make a difference with anything at all.

But about the rate of fire and clip size, I disagree. Think of this scenario: You have 3 guys rushing towards you from a distance. Which of the two snipers will you be able to pick them off with faster? Thanks to both the clip size and the fire rate, the .50 Cal will pick them off twice as fast AND you get more shots without having to reload thanks to the clip size.

When it comes to fending off multiple opponents at once (which happens a lot), there shouldn't even be a debate over which sniper of the two will get the job done faster.

People use the intervention for pride-related reasons more than anything. Honestly, this argument is stupid.
I agree, but I stil think the M40a3 is the main reason the Intervention is so popular. :ohwell:

And this arugment isn't pointless at all. In fact, it isn't an argument. It's enjoyable and interesting debating.

i don't miss.
This statement alone is cocky enough to be sig-worthy.

Fletch

Smash Master
The Barrett has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay x10 to much recoil for me to use. I think mostly everyone uses the Intervention is because of this dude.
The Barrett may have more "recoil", but it is consistent and faster to realign compared to the random recoil of the Interventions, and because it's semi-auto you can get off another shot faster. There is not one reason to use the Intervention.

EDIT: What is this crap about accuracy with the Intervention? Every gun in the game fires a shot EXACTLY where you aim on the first shot, this has been proven over and over again through testing. You guys need to read up on some of DenKirsons stuff and all the testing with recoil and such. The Intervention is statistically worse in every possible way; there is no argument.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Based on my experience, I've found the Intervention to be more effective for long range sniping, but I find the .50 cal more effect in a shorter range with ACOG.

Personal preferences, but I do believe there's more power in one shot from an Intervention than in one shot in a .50 cal.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Based on my experience, I've found the Intervention to be more effective for long range sniping, but I find the .50 cal more effect in a shorter range with ACOG.

Personal preferences, but I do believe there's more power in one shot from an Intervention than in one shot in a .50 cal.
When you quickscope the Intervention at a long range, it sometimes registers the shot but doesn't kill the enemy in 1 shot. It's really weird because I tested it. I think it also might be because of the type of quickscope wasn't right. You kinda need to aim in like 1 millisecond when you are in the scope.

Also the intervention ACOG destroys the 50 cal ACOG. No question about that.

Man all this sniper talk makes me want to snipe again :(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
How does ACOG on Intervention better an ACOG .50 cal? I just want to know.

Recoil makes it difficult to get another shot in with the intervention. Since I often miss with ACOG, I lean towards .50 cal so I can get more shots in. So is it the power of the Intervention?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Quit whining about Snipers, everyone. Use what you like, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter which is better, it's what you perform well with.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It may just be me, but the Barrett is crap at hitting moving targets. I swear I would make these shots with the Intervention. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It could just be lag or me getting worse at sniping. :dizzy:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It may just be me, but the Barrett is crap at hitting moving targets. I swear I would make these shots with the Intervention. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It could just be lag or me getting worse at sniping. :dizzy:
It must be MW2's horrific hit detection.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Famas = Sniper without the sight. In all honestly, it does the job better than a sniper in every way if you ask me. It's also more accurate than the M16 which means more 1 hit bursts. I 1 hit burst almost everyone with it, even moving targets. The snipers just keep getting worse and worse. I'll only be able to see a guy's head and I'll get a hit marker somehow (not shooting the surface, trust me). I just use the intervention now and then to have fun, but it's totally ridiculous. Then I'll get sniped by a guy with an intervention silenced with cold blooded and die from a single shot to the leg. I don't get it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That makes no sense. No Silenced sniper kills in one shot without stopping power. I can back that up with actual data.

But the hit detection makes me rage sometimes too.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Famas = Sniper without the sight. In all honestly, it does the job better than a sniper in every way if you ask me. It's also more accurate than the M16 which means more 1 hit bursts. I 1 hit burst almost everyone with it, even moving targets.
I still can't decide if the M16 or Famas is the best gun in the game. Both of them are very, very good ARs.

All it takes is one click of the trigger and your enemy is dead as long as you have decent aim...

Grunt

Smash Master
famas is better.
if you're able to get the first shot to kill (almost always) you get the first burst speed boost over the m16.
pretty much everyone who plays competitively uses the Famas, no joke.
at TP4, EVERYONE used it. it's that good.
EDIT:
plus, i think the famas doesn't have an accuracy difference with the reddot/holo like the m16 does, but i don't remember.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
You guys think I should develop an M16 (perfers M16) or an M21? I already have a SCAR and .50 Cal developed so I'm torn. I'm also planning to use a .44 Magnum to get the Tac. Knife.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Using a magnum would be the fastest, but I'm unsure. I like the USP best. Your choice, though.

Fletch

Smash Master
Tell that to :mad:, Ophy, and Grunt. They seem to think otherwise.

EDIT: 900th post. I'm teh baws.
I'll repeat. This has been tested over and over again with frame data from the PC version and on the consoles as well. There's no better accuracy or any positive whatsoever from using the Intervention over the Barrett. Please show me any evidence to the contrary if you believe this isn't the case.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: Two senior employees at IW have been fired. (Vince Zampella and Jason West)

http://kotaku.com/5483412/deja-vu--surrounds-infinity-ward-rumors
http://kotaku.com/5483348/report-strange-things-are-afoot-at-infinity-ward-president-ousted
http://kotaku.com/5483492/scandal-hits-call-of-duty-devs-what-we-know
http://kotaku.com/5483427/activision-cites-infinity-ward-insubordination

"G4 reports that security guards have stormed the developer, with studio heads currently missing in action."

"Infinity Ward leads Vince Zampella and Jason West are reported to have met with Activision earlier today, but have not been seen since by G4's sources."

"The news first hit yesterday afternoon, when G4 reported that IW heads Vince Zampella and Jason West had met with Activision, after which neither were seen from again by staffers and "a bunch of bouncer-types" showed up outside Infinity Ward's offices.

The situation between the developer and publisher had been described as "tense" for some time.

Things got interesting a few hours later, when updates to Jason West's Linkedin page revealed that he had ceased employment at the developer.

And then got really interesting when an SEC filing from earlier in the day revealed that Activision had launched an investigation into some allegedly iffy conduct at Infinity Ward, including "insubordination" and "breaches of contract" that affected "two senior employees" at the studio."

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Yeah, I just read that at GameFAQs earlier this morning. That's just nuts. That picture in the insubordination article was pretty good though, haha.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I was just in the most hilarious match last night.

It was a FFA on Highrise, okay, and it was me, three or four people who were busily chatting amongst one another, and two boosters. About a quarter way through the match I managed to catch the two red-handed (they didn't have Ninja, for whatever reason), so I killed them and broadcasted out loud that they were boosting. When I managed to catch them at it again about thirty seconds later the other four called a truce with me, and we all went around the map with Heartbeat sensors doggedly trying to hunt them down.

In the end, they still won by the timer running out, but they quit quite quickly after we got back to the lobby. Good stuff. =)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Good stuff today, F8AL. Even if we played some scrubs, we still did good :)
Prestiged, and I'm about level 7 already! I'm hoping to scoot right through this one!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor is that Activison is going to hand over the CoD engine to Treyarch so they can make MW3.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sounds like a WaW scenario.

I don't know what's going on, but in terms of business, that's the best decision. They're gonna make money regardless because of the CoD name.

It's just annoying to find that the original developers of the franchise won't be providing the franchise, but someone else. From my experiences, titles being transferred from the original developer to another developer usually ended up being bad.

Fletch

Smash Master
Treyarch is already releasing the next CoD sometime in the fall. Rumors have it that it's going to be Vietnam-based. As for the next CoD with Modern Warfare attached, that is yet to be known.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wonder if most of the IW will quit and start a new game company?

EDIT: Analysts: No cause for concern over reported unpaid Modern Warfare 2 bonuses

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/02/infinity-ward-modern-warfare-2-royalties-analysis/

"BingeGamer reports that Infinity Ward "has yet to be paid a single dime in royalties for Modern Warfare 2." As the developer is a wholly-owned Activision studio,"

EDIT 2: Activision's New Plans For Call of Duty Include New Developer

http://kotaku.com/5484026/activisions-new-plans-for-call-of-duty-include-new-developer
http://kotaku.com/5484046/infinity-ward-vs-activision-the-battle-for-creative-direction

"Publisher Activision announced today new "strategic plans" for the Call of Duty franchise, announcing a new developer for the shooter franchise and confirming the departure of key Infinity Ward staffers."

"The company is also for the first time announcing that a new game in the Call of Duty series is expected to be released in 2011 and that Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed, wholly owned studio, is in development on a Call of Duty game that will extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Activision: Treyarch's next Call of Duty this fall; pair of Modern Warfare 2 map packs this year

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/02/activision-treyarch-call-of-duty-this-fall-mw2-map-packs-2010/

"Amid the roar of Call of Duty news today, Activision has confirmed that Treyarch's next entry in the series will be released this fall. Assuming Activision adheres to its thus far rock-solid Call of Duty schedule, a November release seems likely. Whether or not the series will make the rumored move to Vietnam remains unconfirmed."

"In other unsurprising Cal of Duty news, Activision has confirmed that the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 DLC will consist of multiplayer map packs. The map packs were more or lest outed last year, thanks to some loose-lipped energy drink packaging, but Activision hasn't actually confirmed the exact nature of the DLC until now. The first two map packs -- slated to appear first on Xbox Live -- are in development at Infinity Ward. Assuming initial plans haven't been altered by the executive shuffling, the first pack is scheduled to release this spring, while the second is slated for a (presumably later) 2010 release."

"According to the official statement we've all been waiting for, Activision has announced that Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella are no longer with the studio."

Sledgehammer Games working on Call of Duty game

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/02/sledgehammer-games-working-on-call-of-duty-game/

"When Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left Visceral Games to form Sledgehammer Games with Activision, you may have jokingly speculated that the Dead Space creators set to work immediately on Call of Duty."

"Activision today revealed that Sledgehammer is working on a Call of Duty game with a targeted 2011 release date, which will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre." No other details were released about the game, but it sounds more like a spinoff than a sequel."

Activision's New Plans For Call of Duty Include New Developer, New Genres

http://kotaku.com/5484026/activisions-new-plans-for-call-of-duty-include-new-developer-new-genres

"Activision announced it will form a "dedicated [Call of Duty] business unit that will bring together its various new brand initiatives with focused, dedicated resources around the world." It plans to expand the Call of Duty brand "with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business unit" placing a focus on "high-margin digital online content and further the brand as the leading action entertainment franchise in new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models.""

EDIT: GameStop lists standalone Xbox 360 250GB hard drive

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/02/gamestop-lists-xbox-360-250gb-hard-drive/#comments

"GameStop has listed a 250 GB Xbox 360 hard drive for sale, priced at $130 and scheduled to release on March 23. When reached for comment, Microsoft declined to make a statement by the time of this posting. Checking with GameStop, the retailer wouldn't confirm the product either, but did tell us that the page featuring the 250GB drive "is not an error."

Microsoft had previously stated, like, only two weeks ago, that it planned to keep the larger drives tied to bundles. Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Product Manager Aaron Greenberg also told us at the time, "We're always evaluating.""

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm sad. We haven't played a Private Match goodie bag in a long time. :'(

Top Bottom