• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

UMP is amazing. I'm almost at the 1,000 kill mark (For the Prestige Challenge)

This is just a general question, but what Sensitivity do you all use? I'm on 8 right now (I think). Makes sniping MUCH more manageable.

And no. I would not say it's a Noob Weapon, Pluvia. It isn't that accurate, just the most accurate (for SMG's)

:043:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ok, this game annoys me.

I spawn, take two steps, die, respawn, take three steps, die, and repeat. This is especially bad in maps where people can hide in building over me and others like that.

Its just so ****ing hard to get used to this game. It seems like I have to be REALLY careful in order to get good, but I'm just used to running around and gunning down everyone in sight in games like Cross Fire.

Oh, and the knifers piss me off too. >_>

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That's because the UMP45 is stupidly cheating. It's deadly accurate from long range. It just screams noob weapon.
Riveting tale, chap. Every weapon/perk in MW2 is considered to be "cheating" and "noobie".

If you go on a 20 kill streak with a M9 pistol, it's considered cheap. If you get 15 tactical knife kills in a row, it's considered cheap.

Moving on...

UMP is amazing. I'm almost at the 1,000 kill mark (For the Prestige Challenge)

This is just a general question, but what Sensitivity do you all use? I'm on 8 right now (I think). Makes sniping MUCH more manageable.

And no. I would not say it's a Noob Weapon, Pluvia. It isn't that accurate, just the most accurate (for SMG's)

Default.

Ok, this game annoys me.

I spawn, take two steps, die, respawn, take three steps, die, and repeat. This is especially bad in maps where people can hide in building over me and others like that.

Its just so ****ing hard to get used to this game. It seems like I have to be REALLY careful in order to get good, but I'm just used to running around and gunning down everyone in sight in games like Cross Fire.

Oh, and the knifers piss me off too. >_>
That's normal. You'll get used to MW2's horrible spawn system eventually. Just learn to accept it for what it is. (as in a kindergartener designed the spawn system in this game)

Just camp. Everyone does for their kill streaks.

Agreed. I get really annoyed by people who use marathon, lightweight and commando with a knife/tactical knife. Oh well.

S

smash brawl player 99021

You must really hate ARs, then.

Icy, I'm almost at 2500 for UMP kills. Already finished it for the MP5k. UMP is sooooooo good.
Heh, I have one class with it Akimbo, and the other with a Silencer. Both are rapeeee. UMP could be counted as a AR imo.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Akimbo SMGs of any kind, LOL.

Oh Icee, you are le bees knees.

I'm also gonna be the only one who answers your question at the first post of the page. I play on a sensitivity of 8 normally, and a sensitivity of 10 when Sniping.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Not really, F8AL, if I saw someone manage to get 15 kills with a knife in a gun fight i'd be mighty impressed. And I don't know much about the M9 but if its as powerful and accurate as the UMP then yeah it would be cheap.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balls i'm on my phone. Though by the name I can guess what happens in it.

If only more people got nukes like that, rather than be losers and cheat them.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Forgot this. I'm at 5 or six, and I'm working my way up to 8.
It takes some time to adjust. Just try to move up slowly, and adapt to it. Once you're comfortable, bump it up a notch. And, I'll try to play with you tommorow :)

Not really, F8AL, if I saw someone manage to get 15 kills with a knife in a gun fight i'd be mighty impressed. And I don't know much about the M9 but if its as powerful and accurate as the UMP then yeah it would be cheap.
M9 is a pistol, bro. Do you even own a copy of this game?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Okay I found runner-up for best game winning killcam.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTyRkRY13M4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTyRkRY13M4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's called an elevator. Look it up if you get the chance.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You should consider upping your sensitivity, F8AL. I bumped mine up to 9 and can't go back now.

DUB

Smash Lord
My Basic Custom Class:

"AR+Shotgun"

Primary:ACR+Red Dot Sight
Secondary:Akimbo Rangers
Equipment:Semtex/Flash Grenade
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

I suppose this is a somewhat standard class type. I use C4/Smoke for domination/demolition. The only perk I'm iffy about is Ninja. I really like Commando, but Akimbo rangers are my close range weapon. I have SitRep Pro, although I haven't used it yet so I don't exactly know how much louder people's footsteps would be.
I havent really found a AR I like the best. I like the ACR as of late. It's reliable and covers long distances with great accuracy. However, I like the SCAR-H's power and iron sight.
Down long hallways or on symetrical maps I love the ACR. For instance, the gun is amazing at shooting down the long sides of High Rise.

Thoughts recommendations? Possible other combinations of attachments/perks/map strats to increase effectiveness.

S

smash brawl player 99021

My Basic Custom Class:

"AR+Shotgun"

Primary:ACR+Red Dot Sight
Secondary:Akimbo Rangers
Equipment:Semtex/Flash Grenade
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

I suppose this is a somewhat standard class type. I use C4/Smoke for domination/demolition. The only perk I'm iffy about is Ninja. I really like Commando, but Akimbo rangers are my close range weapon. I have SitRep Pro, although I haven't used it yet so I don't exactly know how much louder people's footsteps would be.
I havent really found a AR I like the best. I like the ACR as of late. It's reliable and covers long distances with great accuracy. However, I like the SCAR-H's power and iron sight.
Down long hallways or on symetrical maps I love the ACR. For instance, the gun is amazing at shooting down the long sides of High Rise.

Thoughts recommendations? Possible other combinations of attachments/perks/map strats to increase effectiveness.
That's a good class. You could make another class with a SCAR, considering both are well-balanced. I honestly see nothing wrong with them, but keep Ninja. Silent footsteps help ALOT. Especially if you play search often. Akimbo Rangers are good as well.

Keep that class you have, with Ninja. Maybe make a SCAR class with extended Mags/FMJ. Other than that, you should be good.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I got my first harrier today, but then the match ended. :(

Its amazing how many kills I can get when I'm just a little bit more cautious. 6 of the kills for that harrier were in a hallway on skidrow. I've gotten a couple more today as well.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I got my first harrier today, but then the match ended. :(

Its amazing how many kills I can get when I'm just a little bit more cautious. 6 of the kills for that harrier were in a hallway on skidrow. I've gotten a couple more today as well.
You can get a harrier very easily. Just work towards your kill streaks when you play every game.

In public games the best killstreaks are 5, 7, 9. Best killstreaks for clan matches/GB are care package, pred, harrier, stealth bomber, precision airstrike.

SnD=3,4,5

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
When it comes to killstreaks I just go UAV, Care Package and Sentry Gun/Predator Missile since I'm so abysmal at getting anything higher than that. And sometimes I get lucky with the Care Packages. Very rare, that, though. :(

It's decided. LMGs are my favorite weapon class, period. Now I just need to work my way up to 150 kills with the L86 to get the SUSAT sight...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I always use:

UAV
Care package
Emergency airdrop

I'm my team's support player so these KS rewards make sense. (I also use hardline pro on my SCAR so I get UAVs every 2 kills)

EDIT:

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

"...annnd we JUST hit 25 MILLION unique players on Modern Warfare 2. Insanity! Also, got a lot of #MW2 DLC details coming this week! FINALLY!"

S

smash brawl player 99021

I just don't like the... loudness of it. I hate 'em. Long reload times, such obvious giveaway, eww. I prefer Submachine guns. Who's with me? :)

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok, I just got Ninja but i'm not sure if I should put it on my sniper class.
Right now I got the
-Intervention with FJM
-Spas 12 with grip
-Slight of Hand pro
-Stopping Power Pro
-Steady Aim
-Claymore
-Flash grenades
-digital camo

What are your guys' suggestions?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i didn't know these boards existed, but i'm glad i found this thread.
i've been playing this game lately and i don't have anyone to talk about it with. lol

so i saw in the first post that it included youtube commentators like ONLYUSEmeBLADE and tejb.
i think there should be a link or something to the tutorial series of youtube videos on the nextgentactics youtube. i think the guy's name is guns4hire. he's pretty good strategy wise and he does a "tactical approach" and a "run and gun" video on almost every map. i found the few that i watched to be very helpful. (cuz my aim sucks so i rely a little more on strategy)

@ca5h, i find ninja pro to be useful on my speedy/close combat class so they won't hear my foot steps when i'm trying to sneak up on them. imo, steady aim or commando would be better for a sniper class depending on your playstyle and your secondary weapon.

i finally put effort into sniping today and it was pretty fun but i'm not the best at it.

Top Bottom