• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fletch

Smash Master
List a few good reasons about Commando Pro. All I can think of is lack of fall damage, and incredibly gay knifing range.
That's all that needed to be said. Combined with tact knife, marathon, and lightweight, commando becomes extremely broken.

You do realize that the knife range makes you nearly invincible within that range, right? And the no fall damage is a huge plus?

Commando and Ninja are the ONLY Tier 3s worth using, imo.
Agreed, only two I use.

S

smash brawl player 99021

You do realize that the knife range makes you nearly invincible within that range, right? And the no fall damage is a huge plus?

Commando and Ninja are the ONLY Tier 3s worth using, imo.
That's why I said it's for scrubs. I mean, nearly invincible? That's absurd.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Marathon/Lightweight/Commando is fine for an amateur knifing class. You'll be extremely inconsistent based on the players you meet.

I would agree that Commando is one of the best perks on the grounds that everything else is worse. It's not that Commando is good, everything else is just bad. You still allow yourself to lose silent footsteps, a crucial part of the game. I can forsee a response like "By the time someone sees you on a HB Monitor, you will already be in their face knifing them."

I really do not trust the knifing system in this game. Ninja works all the time every time. I'm sure someone might post a glitch video about Ninja not working.

EDIT: Not sure if this is the same knife cancelling. You can knife, set up your throwing knife, and tap Y to bring it back. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fletch

Smash Master
Marathon/Lightweight/Commando is fine for an amateur knifing class. You'll be extremely inconsistent based on the players you meet.

I would agree that Commando is one of the best perks on the grounds that everything else is worse. It's not that Commando is good, everything else is just bad. You still allow yourself to lose silent footsteps, a crucial part of the game. I can forsee a response like "By the time someone sees you on a HB Monitor, you will already be in their face knifing them."

I really do not trust the knifing system in this game. Ninja works all the time every time. I'm sure someone might post a glitch video about Ninja not working.

EDIT: Not sure if this is the same knife cancelling. You can knife, set up your throwing knife, and tap Y to bring it back. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ha, get ready for someone to post the Ninja "glitch" showing someone with Ninja appearing on killcam. People take this as evidence for Ninja not working, but it only shows up on HBS in killcams; they can't actually see you in-game.

And yes I know that knife canceling, but that is essentially useless.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I actually prefer it as an attachment. I hate not having Dead Silence.

If you play on 360, feel free to add me, CA5H. :)

Connor H Sucks
Lol, alright. I'm not that good, though.

Oh, and I use FMJ becuase I don't have the thermal sight or heartbeat sensor yet and I hate the acog scope.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I would try going into a Hardcore Team Deathmatch game and just camp a close quarters area for ACOG. But that's just me. Although, it's not bad. I've gotten a good amount of lucky headshots from sway on it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh. Well, I been off this game for some time . . . Can't eait until the map packs get released.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
My Thoughts On Commando

PART 1:
commando pro isn't good for a knifing class because you lose ninja pro.

with that said, if you're taking a more campy/tactical approach where you're not running around near the enemy so much, ninja pro loses its usefulness.

say you're using a burst fire AR with a shotgun as your secondary and someone runs up on you.
the closer they are, the more foolish you'll feel trying to hipfire them with a burst AR. switching to shotguns takes too long when you're in a pinch. knifing becomes your best option and when you're not running around too much, sitrep and ninja pro become much less useful, making commando the most efficient third perk.

edit: commando pro on favela is so good. lol i'm always jumping off roofs and out of windows and it would suck for someone to kill you off so kick because you injured yourself half to death.

PART 2:
if you're one of those people who complains about commando because it's "for scrubs" then just counter it. if scrubs are using it, then beat them. they're scrubs. lol

people with commando have no way of knowing where claymores are unless they see them.
strategically use claymores and have a shotgun as your secondary.
if you're in tight corridors where someone could run around a corner and knife you at any second, be sure you have your shotgun out and be sure to have a claymore behind you (or just listen for their footsteps since they don't have ninja pro on) and you shouldn't have much to worry about. or complain about.

TL;DR instead of saying commando sucks because you get owned by it, just counter it and accept that it's part of the game.

/rant

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The 48-hour Xbox LIVE gameplay code is still up for grabs to any new members here who wanna test out Xbox LIVE. PM me for it.

First come, first served. :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I don't trust the knife system much either. There will be days where I can just NEVER knife someone, ever.

Also, that is knife canceling. It works with Semtex, Claymores, and Tactical Insertion as well.

Ha, get ready for someone to post the Ninja "glitch" showing someone with Ninja appearing on killcam. People take this as evidence for Ninja not working, but it only shows up on HBS in killcams; they can't actually see you in-game.

And yes I know that knife canceling, but that is essentially useless.
Something that resets you after a knife FASTER than a tac knife is useless? :confused:

Only good thing about knifing is reload canceling.
Sprint in place?

S

smash brawl player 99021

PART 1:
commando pro isn't good for a knifing class because you lose ninja pro.

with that said, if you're taking a more campy/tactical approach where you're not running around near the enemy so much, ninja pro loses its usefulness.

say you're using a burst fire AR with a shotgun as your secondary and someone runs up on you.
the closer they are, the more foolish you'll feel trying to hipfire them with a burst AR. switching to shotguns takes too long when you're in a pinch. knifing becomes your best option and when you're not running around too much, sitrep and ninja pro become much less useful, making commando the most efficient third perk.

edit: commando pro on favela is so good. lol i'm always jumping off roofs and out of windows and it would suck for someone to kill you off so kick because you injured yourself half to death.

PART 2:
if you're one of those people who complains about commando because it's "for scrubs" then just counter it. if scrubs are using it, then beat them. they're scrubs. lol

people with commando have no way of knowing where claymores are unless they see them.
strategically use claymores and have a shotgun as your secondary.
if you're in tight corridors where someone could run around a corner and knife you at any second, be sure you have your shotgun out and be sure to have a claymore behind you (or just listen for their footsteps since they don't have ninja pro on) and you shouldn't have much to worry about. or complain about.

TL;DR instead of saying commando sucks because you get owned by it, just counter it and accept that it's part of the game.

/rant
Well said. But, when someone turns a corner and is going to knife you, they'll have that lunge and constantly beat you to it. Plus, they have that near invincibility when lunging.

Delta-Cod, I said the only good thing about knifing is reload canceling. Not what is the best method of reload canceling.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well said. But, when someone turns a corner and is going to knife you, they'll have that lunge and constantly beat you to it. Plus, they have that near invincibility when lunging.

Delta-Cod, I said the only good thing about knifing is reload canceling. Not what is the best method of reload canceling.
But that's not even the only good thing about knifing. :dizzy:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I just had my best game yet, 56-2-10 on Terminal. Not great in terms of my K/D, but I just prestiged and only had the default killstreaks. Terminal is my best map.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if you're near a corner, shouldn't you be prepared for someone to appear?
if you were listening for footsteps, you'd have no issue.
just back up and shotty to da face. ha

maybe i'm too cautious... either way, i don't think commando is so broken that it shouldn't be used or anything like that.
The RPD and AUG-H Bar are underrated. Nuff said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJiJ0-C9qg&feature=popular
honestly, an assault rifle could've done basically everything he did and they wouldn't need to waste a perk on slight of hand. (i hate giving up scavenger)
there doesn't seem to be a decent reason for me to pick up an LMG. that's just me, i guess.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd use an LMG a lot more often if your mobility wasn't slowed down.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
honestly, an assault rifle could've done basically everything he did and they wouldn't need to waste a perk on slight of hand. (i hate giving up scavenger)
there doesn't seem to be a decent reason for me to pick up an LMG. that's just me, i guess.
Of course an AR could have done the job just as well, but the small advantages the RPD and AUG have over the ARs are the huge clip size for longer spraying, lower recoil (than some ARs), and very good iron sights. Anyone using a RDS on the AUG or RPD needs to slap him or herself.

I'm not saying those 2 LMGs are better than ARs. I'm just saying that they can definitely compete with them.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Anyone notice that there are tons of underrated guns in general? The AUG with grip is literally an assault rifle but a little stronger with a larger clip. Same goes for the RPD with grip. Still, though, Scar silenced = 2 hit kill up close, 3 long range perfect accuracy. Vector is amazing. Use it with a silencer, marathon, SP and ninja. Rushing with an SMG in this game along with some drop shots here and there is painfully easy. If anyone wants to play, add me up, because I play tons after school (yay, senior schedule). Once I get my new cap card I'll be doing commentaries, too.

I do not have Modern Warfare 2 yet, but I have heard that getting a KDR of even 1.00 is difficult. This true much? And also, after playing Reflex for the wii, I found that the key to playing well is to not fire down the sights so that you keep your mobility and fire from the hip instead. This apply to MW2 also?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I do not have Modern Warfare 2 yet, but I have heard that getting a KDR of even 1.00 is difficult. This true much? And also, after playing Reflex for the wii, I found that the key to playing well is to not fire down the sights so that you keep your mobility and fire from the hip instead. This apply to MW2 also?
No, not really. And you should only fire from the hip with an SMG and as a last ditch attempt with any other gun. (sometimes I fire from the hip with my M16 if I'm caught off guard)

The MP5 is a good gun to fire from the hip. In MW2, just aim down your sights.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You'll lose quickly if you don't aim down your sights. It's ridiculously inaccurate to hip fire most of the time, unless you have a P90 or something with a massive clip. It becomes a natural reaction to aim down your sights once you see someone in MW2 after you've been playing for a while.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just saw on the IW Facebook page that those maps were in fact correct. It said New Battlegrounds, as well as fan-favorites from COD4.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ Icydeath: Yup, but I'm still waiting on an official confirmation from Activision/Infinity Ward/Fourzerotwo.

"The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is coming to Xbox LIVE on March 30th!

The multiple Game of the Year award-winner just got bigger, with more epic multiplayer content, coming first to Xbox
LIVE! The Stimulus Package will deliver additional multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and
fan-favorites from Call of... Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Look for the new trailer coming soon to www.ModernWarfare2.com."

And they're planning on tweaking the OMA perk in the future, Fourzerotwo said on his Twitter.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Of course an AR could have done the job just as well, but the small advantages the RPD and AUG have over the ARs are the huge clip size for longer spraying, lower recoil (than some ARs), and very good iron sights. Anyone using a RDS on the AUG or RPD needs to slap him or herself.

I'm not saying those 2 LMGs are better than ARs. I'm just saying that they can definitely compete with them.
i don't see the clip size helping me out too much, but i see your point and i'm thinking i should try one just to try it. (see what all the fuss is about. heh)

And they're planning on tweaking the OMA perk in the future, Fourzerotwo said on his Twitter.
this intrigues me...

S

smash brawl player 99021

RPD has amazing Iron Sights. I actually like it now. I just need a better launcher than an AT4. I get the Stinger in one level (thank god)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
speaking of launchers...

Lumpy's "Make Everyone Rage" class

scar or ACR w/noob tube
thumper
claymores
stun grenades
scavenger
danger close
cammando
martyrdom (unless you get spawn gayed, you won't even notice this)

who wouldn't rage?
easiest way to get decent KDR in all the basic (non hardcore) modes.

S

smash brawl player 99021

speaking of launchers...

scar or ACR w/noob tube
thumper
claymores
stun grenades
scavenger
danger close
cammando

who wouldn't rage?
That's been stated plenty of times before. That's a default Danger Close class. And I would not use Claymores on that, either. Semtex.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Why are my no-scopes so inaccurate??? I even looked up tutorials on youtube, did what they said, and I still always miss!

I swear, I can't no-scope for the life of me...

Fletch

Smash Master
speaking of launchers...

scar or ACR w/noob tube
thumper
claymores
stun grenades
scavenger
danger close
cammando

who wouldn't rage?
The thumper is kind of meh for this class. Usually you see this exact class with maybe Semtex instead of claymores but definitely having the RPG replace the thumper.

Why are my no-scopes so inaccurate??? I even looked up tutorials on youtube, did what they said, and I still always miss!

I swear, I can't no-scope for the life of me...
Do you mean quick-scoping? No-scoping doesn't really work.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Quick scoping is better with Steady Aim. You just find your target, scope, and right before it changes to scope view, fire. That's the best way I can explain it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Quick scoping is better with Steady Aim. You just find your target, scope, and right before it changes to scope view, fire. That's the best way I can explain it.
This isn't really true at all. Center a guy in your screen and scope. Icy only believes this is effective because he shoots then scopes.

That's all there is to it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This isn't really true at all. Center a guy in your screen and scope. Icy only believes this is effective because he shoots then scopes.

That's all there is to it.
Icy only believes this is effective because he only hard scopes.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah that's true. If you've ever played him in CoD4, he'll sit in a corner with hit STEADY AIM M40.

In MW2 he'll shoot, THEN ZOOM. hahahaha

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
he shoots then scopes.
Hahahahahaha this is sig worthy! :laugh:

But as :mad: said for successful quick scoping, just center you target right in the middle of the cross hairs, zoom in, and then shoot right after your character begins the scoping animation.

Tada. You now have a dead target that was killed in STYLE!

Top Bottom