• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Delta, you tried to play with us, but it failed.

Also, that game on Wasteland was dumb.

But ggs **** happens.

Fletch

Smash Master
I was thinking of a different gun I think, my bad. But the G18s still seem to come out a tad slower than the rafficas do. If you don't hold your control stick steady with those things they make a huge upside down L shape.
Rafficas only have a total swap time of .05 faster than the G18s. G18s are win.

I did a double take when I read this because hahahaha.

In my experience, you see one Vector out of every 250 UMPs. They're really that common, it's such a dominant weapon in Search and Destroy and really any objective gametype where you need a reliable rushing tool. I ****ing hate it.
Same, I don't know how people are saying they see other guns more, UMP is by far my most seen as of late, and for good reason, gun is too good.

I'm trying to get good and quick scoping now. Anyone have tips, plz no link to YT vids.
Did you read my posts earlier on scope stickers for your TV? They are supposed to help a ton with quick-scoping. I can dig it up for you if you want.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I have a lot of good quick scoping tips. I've been doing it a lot lately and made a separate account just to practice with. It's really all practice, so once you've got the main points down you just want to get in a big private match with some buddies, put the health all the way down and have fun with it. And the UMP is good but it's still outclassed by a couple of weapons. From my experience, you either do really well with it or very poorly with it. I find close range I get knifed by people with commando a lot or I'll still lose to something like a scar or TAR pretty easily. And long range it's hard to kill people without burst firing which makes you an easy prey to someone with an ACR or scar or any assault rifle really for that matter. It all depends on the map if you ask me, because depending on the map I'll either use SP, lightweight, or cold blooded. A lot of the time people also make the mistake of using marathon and lightweight just to run around fast. If you're using an SMG, your going to outclass any gun close range, so you should be using those two perks to get as close to your enemy as possible. I see people using it like an AR and they wonder why they do poorly. But yeah, it's easily one of the best guns.

Fletch

Smash Master
From my experience, you either do really well with it or very poorly with it. I find close range I get knifed by people with commando a lot or I'll still lose to something like a scar or TAR pretty easily.
You shouldn't; it kills faster with Rapid Fire than those ARs, and even without it, its TTK is almost the same as the TAR (depending on range/SP/etc.) and better than the SCAR.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Ends Sunday, roach. Better get your play-well hat on. :)

Would it be better for me to go for a SCAR silenced or FAMAS silenced? I'd prefer the SCAR and I'd still go for it even if you said otherwise, but I'd like to hear somebody else's opinion.

Fletch

Smash Master
The FAMAS is a much better gun than the SCAR, but I don't know why you're asking if you're going to go with the SCAR anyways. The FAMAS is a toss-up with the TAR for best AR. Use what you like and what you're comfortable though, if you beast with the SCAR, stick with it.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The FAMAS is a much better gun than the SCAR, but I don't know why you're asking if you're going to go with the SCAR anyways.
I could, like I said, just be asking for your opinion out of curiosity, or I'm just trying to get a good argument. Take your pick.

The FAMAS is a toss-up with the TAR for best AR. Use what you like and what you're comfortable though, if you beast with the SCAR, stick with it.
I didn't mention this earlier, probably should have. I'm using a Cold Blooded and Scavenger class. Because it's silenced and doesn't have Stopping Power, the FAMAS takes more than one burst to kill someone, which I think is longer than the SCAR. And the latter benefits from Scav considerably more. And the SCAR has better iron sights.

And using Artic Camo with a suppressor makes it look like a homage to BF:BC2, so that's cool.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
****, I forgot this weekend was double exp.

I must get on tomorrow

(is it still on on Monday or does it end on Sunday?)
Ends Sunday, roach. Better get your play-well hat on. :)
rofl, both of you need to read the title

or is that sarcasm, rrrRRRiot? [/paranoid]

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRiot

rR

Fletch

Smash Master
I didn't mention this earlier, probably should have. I'm using a Cold Blooded and Scavenger class. Because it's silenced and doesn't have Stopping Power, the FAMAS takes more than one burst to kill someone, which I think is longer than the SCAR. And the latter benefits from Scav considerably more. And the SCAR has better iron sights.

And using Artic Camo with a suppressor makes it look like a homage to BF:BC2, so that's cool.
Under those circumstances, I'd most certainly go with the UMP, but if it's just between the FAMAS and SCAR, SCAR would be the better choice. Silenced FAMAS sans SP is no good.

MK26

Smash Master
What do you mean, I made a mistake? Screw you!

rofl, joking. :laugh:
:( lol

Under those circumstances, I'd most certainly go with the UMP, but if it's just between the FAMAS and SCAR, SCAR would be the better choice. Silenced FAMAS sans SP is no good.
this

times infinity, give or take a few

this is my personal opinion, but i suck with the burst guns and hate the scar's small clip size when i can have an actual attachment (read: shotty/launcher) and not need ext.mags in order to do well

both of those guns really, really like sp, the former for 1-burst killing and the latter because every bullet counts for so much more

so i'd go with the ump or possibly the tar
or really any other AR, and maybe even some other lmgs

tl;dr: if you're going with a scar or a famas, have sp. neither of those are the best gun for the job with cb.

MK26

Smash Master
no, scar needs sp because it has less bullets (and therefore you need every bullet to do more for you), not because of the damage. [EDIT: this may sound contradictory. it isn't.]

The famas does the same damage as well (which you probably know), but doesn't one-burst at a distance without sp (which you probably also know), so not having stopping power makes it somewhat useless (which everybody knows).

The tar, on the other hand, has neither of these limitations, and so can get away with not using stopping power much more than either of teh other two

so yeah

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
no, scar needs sp because it has less bullets (and therefore you need every bullet to do more for you), not because of the damage. [EDIT: this may sound contradictory. it isn't.]

The tar, on the other hand, has neither of these limitations, and so can get away with not using stopping power much more than either of teh other two

so yeah
Yum, Scar vs. Tar debates. *cracks fingers*
[/quote]

So you argue that the scar needs SP because it haz less bullets. I do say, my good sir, that this is wrong. What matters are the amount of shots you land, not the amount of bullets. The Scar has MINIMAL recoil and a low RoF, allowing you to be incredibly precise. You can control your shots well with this, so you need less ammo to land the kill.

The Tar, on the otherhand, only has 10 more bullets, yet a faster RoF and less manageable recoil. This causes you to miss more often, which means that all your bullets are counting for less, unlike the Scar's, where each bullet fired has a much higher chance of actually landing.

Stopping Power for these two guns only matters when you're trying to hit something out of their max range. The Tar is much more difficult to use at long range, meaning it's not even worth using over the Scar for reasons such as mag capacity because you'll be missing more shots anyways.

Fletch

Smash Master
Yum, Scar vs. Tar debates. *cracks fingers*
Please not this again...

Someone posted this tier list over at gfaqs, and I think it's pretty accurate. Only changes I'd make would be to switch the FAL with the AK, M16 with TAR, and the G18s with the PP2k (the latter may just be personal bias). Intervention should also technically be last since there's no reason to use it, but this guy kind of acknowledges this. What do you guys think?

1. Primary Weapons
A. Assault Rifles
1. M16
2. FAMAS
3. TAR-21
4. SCAR-H
5. ACR
6. AK-47
7. M4A1
8. FAL
9. F2000

B. Sub Machine Guns
1. UMP45
2. MP5K
3. Vector
4. P90
5. Mini-Uzi

C. Light Machine Guns
1. RPD
2. AUG
3. M240
4. L86 LSw
5. MG4

D. Sniper Rifles
1. Barrett .50cal
2. Intervention
3. WA2000
4. M21 EBR

E. Riot Shield
1. Riot Shield

2. Secondary Weapons
A. Machine Pistols
1. M93 Raffica
2. PP2000
3. G18
4. TMP

B. Shotguns
1. SPAS-12
2. M1014
3. Ranger
4. AA-12
5. Striker
6. Model 1887

C. Handguns
1. .44 Magnum
2. M9
3. USP.45
4. Desert Eagle

D. Launchers
1. Thumper
2. RPG-7
3. AT4-HS
4. Javelin
5. Stinger

Primary Notes:

1. Burst Weapons have the advantage always, are easy to use, and kill fastest. Then the Strong weapons are next best, followed by the weak ones, followed by the garbage.

2. UMP is the best SMG of all time. MP5 is k, then the good old Vector and the okay P90. Then the bad Uzi.

3. RPD is an AUG with a bigger clip, therefore it is better. M240 is awesome, and actually hits unlike the L86. Oh and the MG4 is too slow to kill anything.

4. Barrett is an Intervention without a handicap on it. The WA2000 > M21. Easily.

5. Riot Shield.

Secondary Notes:

1. Raffia is an M16, PP2000 is awesome, and the G18 Akimbo is the best secondary for upclose. TMP sucks.

2. Shotguns aren't all about range. SPAS-12 is the new Models. M1014 is a Semi-Auto SPAS-12, if it were silenced. Rangers just destroy anything in range. AA-12 is almost as good as the rangers. Striker is an AA-12 with more range but semi-auto, annnd the Models are garbage now. Don't kill enough in the first hit and take forever to shoot again. Akimbo they suck.

3. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya? Punk. M9 has the larger clip, USP is okay, Deagle sucks.

4. Thumper is a noob tube, RPG goes boom, just like the AT4. Javelins are fun, and the Stinger rarely ever kills anyone.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I
[/quote]
disagree with two things on that list.

1. Scar above Tar.
2. AT-4 should be above the RPG.

The RPG swerves WAY too much to be useful for most anything beyond incredibly close range. I can't consistently blow Snipers out of windows with an RPG, I certainly can with an AT-4.

The only the RPG has on the AT-4 is speed.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I got a collateral on Terminal today and that made me happy because it was SnD and the game winning killcam.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Wasn't the AA-12's range augmented? The auto function also compensates for the drop in power over range. Extended mags makes it even more useful, while scavenger gives you much needed ammo.

Reminds of an FFA class I liked to use

UMP-45 Silenced
AA-12 Extended Mags
Scavenger
Cold-Blooded
Ninja

Stuns + Semtex

Lotsa fun in FFA. Blaze through all of the air support and mow down people with the AA-12.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Everyone will be using commando in Vacant.
oh god I can just imagine spawn knifing down the narrow hallway where everyone gets quad 'nades.

You jump up to the dumpster and mash melee until someone turns that corner.

Top Bottom