• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

S

smash brawl player 99021

I demand this thread's title be changed to something similar.
anyone has to argue...
then...

but next time we play,

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm willing to wager that the class named "Tim" has Ghost on it.

Matt07

Smash Master
I reset my router.

My connection. I missed it so much. My baby came back to me. ;_;

I got my first high killstreak in a month because when I shot people, they died. =;]
Glad to hear! I can only play at like 11:00 at night or else I have the same bad connection :/.

Also GG's today Leafy our party owned lol.

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd ask for a class, but it's basically the same as Tim's.
Oh?

Good games, SWF-ers. Sorry I had to run early, I gotta wake upppp tomorrow.
and internet was sucking it up. :l
Ah, well it was good playing with ya, dude.

I'm willing to wager that the class named "Tim" has Ghost on it.
Obviously. It is the best blue/1st tier perk in Black Ops. :awesome:

Sorry Team SWF, I lost power last night. :c Won't be available tonight; Muse Concert in IN. Should be back Thursday night.
Look forward to playing with you!

Also, I need to calm the **** down when I play with Team SWF. :urg:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Muse are amazing live man.

You are gonna have a great time.
Oh I know. We saw them in Milwaukee last October with Passion Pit (opener). They were both fan-****ing-tastic.

I know they're playing with Cage the Elephant tonight, and someone else.

But we're back for Muse since we can't see them at Lollapalooza. :(

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well I have this whole weekend off and I'll be home alone...so
Team SWF Gang-bang-ery?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Call of Duty: Black Ops 'Resurrection' DLC coming this quarter

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-resurrection-dlc-coming-this-quarter/
http://kotaku.com/5827455/call-of-duty-black-ops-getting-for-a-resurrection

First Strike, Escalation, Annihilation, and now Resurrection. The latest Activision earnings release names the new Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC, and provides a release window of sometime this fiscal quarter (which means July through September).

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If Treyarch was smart, they would stop making such gimmicky maps and they would go back to the basics.
Heck, if they made a simple zombie map of you barricading yourself in a traditional place like a shopping mall or a grocery store, I would **** bricks.
Imagine Blops zombies in a small gated community. **** would be so cash.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm willing to bet that even though MW3 is a CoD game, they'll release the pack close to when MW3 is released. It's still a competitor.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Interesting, this map pack doesn't have any multiplayer maps but has all the zombie maps from WaW plus a new map. Sweet, I really wanted to play the older maps from WaW.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So yeah, update on the map pack:

It will be called 'Rezurrection' and will deploy on the 360 on August 23

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-resurrection-dlc-coming-this-quarter/

and includes three "re-mastered levels of Zombie lore: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese, the Zombie factory that started it all," along with a brand new "Moon" level. It also includes an "enhanced Zombies Soundtrack" and a new Zombies Moon theme.

The four "remastered" maps were previously included with the Hardened and Prestige releases -- if you already have one of those, the rest of this content will be free. Otherwise, it's the standard 1200 MS Points/$15. It'll be easy to acquire, too, according to One of Swords: " the short version is you'll be able to go into your Download History and re-download the classic pack you already own, and the fresh download will include the new Moon map. And you'll also get the soundtrack and theme, too."
And Black Ops has outsold MW2, Black Ops has sold 25 million copies while MW2 has sold 22 million. (Sad day...)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Hmm, if I already have the WaW map packs I wonder if I'll need to buy all those again. Anything about that said? :O
Also, Moon level, hype.

Lemme rephrase, since I have every WaW Pack, will I need to pay again? ._.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, if I already have the WaW map packs I wonder if I'll need to buy all those again. Anything about that said? :O
Also, Moon level, hype.

Lemme rephrase, since I have every WaW Pack, will I need to pay again? ._.
"the short version is you'll be able to go into your Download History and re-download the classic pack you already own, and the fresh download will include the new Moon map. And you'll also get the soundtrack and theme, too."

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't have Hardened. <_>
I have the actual packs from WaW

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't have Hardened. <_>
I have the actual packs from WaW
Nope, you'll still have to pay for this map pack then. People who got the 4 "re-mastered" WaW zombie maps from purchasing the hardened/prestige edition of Black Ops will get this map pack for free.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I hope you're joking. It took ten minutes to get to round 5.

Matt07

Smash Master
A bit slower paced yea, but no Perks, no Pack a Punch just plain old zombies :). It get's a lot more intense in later rounds :p.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Anyone know exactly how much of a game black ops theater mode can record? I've had it record 12 minute games or so but lately it hasn't been recording more than 5 minutes.....which is really annoying.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I find that people often favorite a gun after they have one good experience with it. It often turns out that people's preferences are not objective, but rather they are experience based.
The FAL is a bad gun (but the F8AL is a good gun), and you would've done the same with any gun in that situation, if not better. I have had situations when I first got Blops when I thought the Enfield was the best assault rifle. I just happened to do well with it.
Clearly I was misguided.

The moral of the story, use the guns that you have always thought were good, because you will start to question yourself if you don't do well with a weapon that you previously did work with.
Also, HotArms, was this on Nuketown? Did you stare into the enemy spawn and spray?
That would just reinforce everything that I just said, because doing well with a gun with such a silly abuse of a map in no way should make you feel like any gun is good.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I was using it for a contract and found its pretty fun, but after some time my hand began to hurt

and it wasnt on nuketown but on jungle, but it was with a full party against bad bad kids lol

I proly wouldnt use it again unless im playing with a full party

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Personal preference of a gun SHOULD be entirely experience based. I ****ing hate the 74u. I suck with it. I never have good experiences with it.

Give me a Mac11 or an MP5k though, and we have a different story. I have amazing moments with those things. Same story with the Spas and the Stakeout in my eyes. The Spas is an awful, awful weapon to me because it has never been consistent with me, and the kick on it is annoying for any sort of multishot kills. The Stakeout though. So much love for that gun.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Personal preference of a gun SHOULD be entirely experience based. I ****ing hate the 74u. I suck with it. I never have good experiences with it.

Give me a Mac11 or an MP5k though, and we have a different story. I have amazing moments with those things. Same story with the Spas and the Stakeout in my eyes. The Spas is an awful, awful weapon to me because it has never been consistent with me, and the kick on it is annoying for any sort of multishot kills. The Stakeout though. So much love for that gun.
You are completely different from everyone else and I can never say that enough.
You didn't get the gist of my post... I am saying that isolated incidents with certain weapons shouldn't be used to determine whether or not you decide to keep using the gun, but rather, your experiences as a whole should reflect what you decide.
Hot_Arms has probably used an FAL on several occasions, and what I was saying is that a single good game or a good day with a gun shouldn't determine whether or not you fall back on that gun.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I've been trying to use some different guns lately, but it isn't working out too well. For example, I've moved away from the 74u for some time now, and even though the MP5k is fun to use, to me, it just doesn't compare to the 74u whatsoever in terms of consistency and success. Again, that's just me personally, but I'm still looking for some more variety in my gun usage. A contributing factor to that 74u vs. MP5k debate for me is that I don't know what attachment to use on the MP5k. I use extendos or rapid fire, and although both have proved very useful, I'd rather just stick to one. I'll just have to use the gun more to figure it out, I guess.

The only reason I've been trying to get some variety in my gun usage anyways is because for some reason, I always tell myself that it'll be more fun and rewarding to use the somewhat less powerful/less used guns. I struggle a great deal when it comes to actually achieving the goal of these games, which is having fun. That idea kind of went down the drain, unfortunately. So far, using mediocre guns has only caused me a great deal of frustration and even more anger towards the game. Everyone else uses the OP perks and guns, so I might as well. I think as of late I've confirmed that my idea of fun is killing a lot of people.....not dying a lot with less powerful guns in an attempt to feel more rewarded for a kill with them. Really douchey sounding, I know, but I hate dying. Especially if it's because some stupid kid is just using a weapon better than mine.

Top Bottom