• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Grandeza

Smash Master
Any advice on using PHD Flopper? I find it fun but it always seems to kill me.
i mean it only works if you would take falling damage so if you land on a crowd of zombies, it won't activate. It's pretty fun but i just like it for prevention of hurting yourself.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So :mad: because my Turtle Beaches broke

The left cup literally just disconnected from the rest of the headset and now hangs from the wire even though it was just on my shoulders

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Have you figured out what's wrong with them? I have the PX21's also and perhaps the problem can be solved. That being said, what I think is wrong with them is probably not what's happening.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dunno, all I can say is the left cup is now hanging by the wire

I tried reattaching it and nothing

Luckily I got them 3 months ago so lets see if my guarantee works

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Same thing happened to my friends skull candy earphones recently.

He was pissed because they were limited edition ones you can't get anymore.

Anyone for round a billion in Zombies tonight?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Damn it the amount of people who have no ****ing idea how to play this game makes me want to start ramming my head into a wall until I start bleeding.

Why is it that EVERY SINGLE ZOMBIES GAME I PLAY WITH RANDOMS is always like 2 people window hogging early rounds, and already having 15 deaths by the 10th round? God man, it infuriates me how many low skilled people play in this game. I really want to play, but I ****ing can't because my mic broke and I really can't speak into it because the mic is on the left cup, which happens to be the broken one, so I have to resort to playing public matches

Ugh, I don't understand how people lack so much common sense in this game

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I like playing with randoms, actually. It makes it significantly harder, and the harder zombies is, the more interesting it becomes. As most randoms are ******* who mash the random box over and over again and have no idea how to conserve money, they end up buying Juggernaut over and over again because they keep going down, which means I get to try to revive them mid-round(fun!). I generally have at least like 40,000 reserved points by round 25 when playing with randoms. Fun stuff.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I like playing with randoms, actually. It makes it significantly harder, and the harder zombies is, the more interesting it becomes. As most randoms are ******* who mash the random box over and over again and have no idea how to conserve money, they end up buying Juggernaut over and over again because they keep going down, which means I get to try to revive them mid-round(fun!). I generally have at least like 40,000 reserved points by round 25 when playing with randoms. Fun stuff.
I'll admit I learned a thing or two about conserving points with you >_>

Though I really start conserving once I get my Ray Gun (I won't even settle for a Thunder Gun, I NEED a Ray Gun)

And I don't know what kind of fun you get out of that, but that's just plain cruel >_>

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Err...

M60 @ Grip
(Secondary of Choice, probably a pistol for 100% mobility.)
Frag/Concussion x2/Claymore
Flak Jacket Pro
Hardened Pro
Tactical Mask Pro

I don't really use the M60, but in theory, that should work just fine.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
This was meant to be.
Best part was I was spawnkilling people in the back spawn of nuketown while I was there with them. I would just kill the person that spawned, then look away and kill the new guy that spawned in the same spot.

Did that for around 5 kills within 3 seconds.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Great Justice.

If I stay on this prestige, I NEED to get Marathon Pro. :-/

Argh, and such.
Me too, I only need like 5 more flag captures and then I gotta do the other two challenges for marathon pro. (Get 10 'first blood' medals and than run for like 26 miles. I prefer the way they did it in MW2.)

i need it too, lets get it together!
I agree!

And I shall help :D
Me too! :awesome:

got my million cod points =D
Congratulations!

Fletch

Smash Master
Roach, I'll play with you if you want. I don't get below 30 now in Kino when I play doubles, but I haven't played with more than 2 people in forever.

Leafy, you need to talk to my roommate about conserving points. He always keeps using the damn box!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wish they would remove the 30 second time limit for rendering and uploading films to YouTube...the 360 and PS3 are fully capable of rendering longer videos.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Had some amazing ballistic knife kills in HC CTF tonight.

Why HC CTF? One group of friends plays nothing but HC. It's a bigger challenge for me (personally) since there's no reticule.

I'll see if I can upload them soon.
No reticule? More like you die faster aka low health when you're already handicapping yourself with a ballistic knife.

Count me in.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure if I like CTF more in MW2 or in Blops. Because if you remember, CTF in MW2 had no score limit. (I remember scoring 20 flag captures in one round once against bad players and we won the game 30-0.)

The good thing about this is that it rewards the team who captures the most flags overall, not just in each round.

In Black Ops, there is a score limit of 3 flag caps in each round. Let's say that team 'A' is clearly better than team 'B' and they get 3 flag caps in the 1st round. (They're leading 1-0)

The next round, team 'B' captures 1 flag and they keep everyone on defence till the timer runs out for the round. They win the round and they're tied 1-1.

The final round, team 'B' does the same thing and they win 2-1. Is it far that one team overall captured more flags (3) than the other team? (2)

I guess they changed that in Black Ops so the other team would have a decent chance if they were getting slaughtered by the opposing team.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm not sure if I like CTF more in MW2 or in Blops. Because if you remember, CTF in MW2 had no score limit. (I remember scoring 20 flag captures in one round once against bad players and we won the game 30-0.)

The good thing about this is that it rewards the team who captures the most flags overall, not just in each round.

In Black Ops, there is a score limit of 3 flag caps in each round. Let's say that team 'A' is clearly better than team 'B' and they get 3 flag caps in the 1st round. (They're leading 1-0)

The next round, team 'B' captures 1 flag and they keep everyone on defence till the timer runs out for the round. They win the round and they're tied 1-1.

The final round, team 'B' does the same thing and they win 2-1. Is it far that one team overall captured more flags (3) than the other team? (2)

I guess they changed that in Black Ops so the other team would have a decent chance if they were getting slaughtered by the opposing team.

I kind of like the idea of the 'rounds' to a degree. Like last night for example;

On summit, round 1 we went 3-0.

Round 2 we went 1-1.

Since it was a tie, we won.
Now, as the other team, I'd be kinda PO'd that we lost when we were able to tie up the game, but they won the first round.

Round 3 would be sudden death (as you mentioned).

I guess the point I'm making is if the 1st team had a strong push in round 1 to go 3 and 0, switching sides could even it up based on how the map plays (some maps have better sides than others).

I had another point, and now it's gone...

/hobo rambling

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm mind if sad b/c one game of CRT me and my friends played we were down 1-0 in rounds and in caps of thatcround it was 2-1 with themeading and I had their flag and they had ours and they were playing real defensive and 1 of their guys tried to come to our spawn and kill me and I killed him and got a care package with an RC car in the last like 20 secs of the game and I just drove it from one end of the map to the other to kill their flag guy while passing 3 of their temares and I just saw bullets going all around my car from them and got a double kill killingvthe flag guy and them my teammate returned it and I capped it with like a second left and got a draw for the round so we lost the set=[ I'd.rather it be a sudden death for that inparticular round or it be like halo and give u extra time if you had the flag

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
^
That is the longest run-on sentence I've ever read.

But in all seriousness, I have a question: You don't appear as "kill" if you aren't using ghost and you have the enemy flag, right? (When their UAV is up?)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
^
That is the longest run-on sentence I've ever read.

But in all seriousness, I have a question: You don't appear as "kill" if you aren't using ghost and you have the enemy flag, right? (When their UAV is up?)
Right, there's no indicator shown to the enemy as to where the flag is (that is, while you're holding it with Ghost).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I was typing it on my iphone >.>
So what? There is a "." button on the virtual keyboard on the iPhone. I'm not trying to make big deal out of this, I'm just saying. :scared:

Right, there's no indicator shown to the enemy as to where the flag is (that is, while you're holding it with Ghost).
Thought so, thanks for clarifying that with me.

Would these kill streaks be best for CTF? (UAV, Napalm strike and Blackbird?)

- UAV for the idiots who don't use ghost.
- Napalm strike to cut off certain parts of the map for like 15 seconds/defend your flag
- Blackbird for helping out your team

Once I get marathon pro, I'll be able to play CTF better as a runner.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'd say counter spy plane would be useful since you don't need Ghost to take the flag and cap it w/o them being able to track you.

And yea Blackbird is really good if you get it. It's always good if you get it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well I don't like using it because it's on a separate page from the letters and you have to change to it then change back to the letters page =/

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
If the iPhone keyboard is anything like the one on my iPod touch then it's not that tasking imo. Only thing I hate about browsing here/smashboards in general is the fact that mobile smashboards doesn't have a "view first unread" button/link at the top of the page on a thread :/

/off topic

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd say counter spy plane would be useful since you don't need Ghost to take the flag and cap it w/o them being able to track you.

And yea Blackbird is really good if you get it. It's always good if you get it.
Why do you say that? You would appear as "kill" if you have their flag and they get a UAV. Ghost is mandatory for runners/flag cappers in CTF to stay under the radar.

I usually use the AK74u (inb4ak74uhate) when playing CTF with marathon on.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Of course, I was just aying counter spy plane can be annoying when you can't find the person with the flag (if they're not running Ghost), or just in general not being able to see stuff.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Of course, I was just aying counter spy plane can be annoying when you can't find the person with the flag (if they're not running Ghost), or just in general not being able to see stuff.
Makes sense. Thanks for the advice. I hate playing CTD on WMD, people camp near the spawn (middle green room) up on the catwalk often or on the stairs on the left. :mad:

People are pretty bad at CTF.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
imo Array is worse, due to the fact that one side is completely open so there's way too many angles you can be shot from.

And usually rounds in CTF on Array are one-sided, switching off, because of that "bad flag" side.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
imo Array is worse, due to the fact that one side is completely open so there's way too many angles you can be shot from.

And usually rounds in CTF on Array are one-sided, switching off, because of that "bad flag" side.
You mean the side with the sniper tower?

I love using tactical insertions in CTF, people never use hacker so they never notice anything! :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yea the Eiffel Tower side, super open and everything.
I usually just get a teammate to take over the tower and pop smoke onto the flag. But yeah, that side is really unbalanced for the other team.

Jungle is pretty fun. A lot of action happens near the huts/bamboo fence area.

EDIT:

http://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/45318400414728192

Sony is taking the PSN offline tomorrow from 8a - 7p PST. During that time, PS3 players will be unable to play #CODBlackOps online.

Top Bottom