• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 - Ashburn, VA - Nov 22, 08 - ECRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
k sounds good. btw ive seen you bragging on the ROB boards about beating me, remember the deal, if you mention beating my snake you have to mention getting 3 stocked by my DDD.
I did mention it on the ROB boards, but in the same sentence I also said your DDD ***** me. I know my place, and I know I'm not in the same league as you.

That's why I wanna do ROB vs your Snake and not ROB vs your everyone :laugh:

Iwan

Smash Ace
I get why greens could be considered bannable (it still shouldn't be though), but Japes?

Take away my two best counter picks, C3....take them away.....
:(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
OK, something needs to be done about the HORRID counterpick list. It's nice to see some of the dumb stages (Mansion, Corneria) banned, but some stages are missing for absolutely no reason while worse stages are legal.

How can you ban Greens when Pirate Ship is legal? The bombs on Pirate Ship do 2.5 times as much damage, and are random rather than confined to one section of the stage.

More importantly than Greens- how can you POSSIBLY validate banning Japes? There are no random elements to the stage and it's a very solid counterpick. Don't argue camping, because Norfair is much worse.

Banning Japes while legalizing Norfair is ridiculous. Banning Greens AND Japes? You're banning both of Peach's best stages (including, IMO, the only MK/G&W/ROB counterpick in the game), while legalizing a campfest (Norfair) and stage full of random hazards (Pirate Ship). Don't say you're banning Greens because of Dedede, because you've got Castle Seige legal and at least in Greens you can destroy the offending parts of the stage.

Japes needs to be made legal NOW, and Greens should be considered. I've never seen a tournament banning Japes before.

I get why greens could be considered bannable (it still shouldn't be though), but Japes?

Take away my two best counter picks, C3....take them away.....
:(
Seriously, this stage list is like a middle finger to Peach users.
It's AMAZING that they can leave Norfair legal while banning Japes 0.o

lord karn

Smash Master
^^^hahahaha

GameDragonX: check your PM

Final count from SoVa looks like it's just me, Kadaj, and Famous... :(
Originals: please don't forget Malco's iPod :)
Korn: Don't forget those flash drives so you can get your vids...[well, you'll get like ALL the vids from those two tourneys since I didn't separate them]

I'll be bringing 2 small TVs
hopefully 2 Wiis [1 guaranteed]

and in case anyone somehow missed my 18,000 ads for commentary, there will be a setup that I'd hope some of the best matches get played on because they will have direct capture for recording as WELL as commentary recording directly into those videos...so there'll be a station for commentary...I want that **** hyped so those matches are even more amazing to watch ^_^

If you do commentary, please be respectful of the mic and do not manhandle it as it's not "cheap" :)
Looks like there will be about 13 or so people coming from NC.

Is this commentary serious? Maybe I'll be up for some of my random commentary.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Japes was banned in Fl, duno bout other places, cuz falco could chaingrab most of the cast straight into dair into water kill. the person needs a godly recovery and hit on the right side of the stage, avoid the claptrap just to have a chance of getting back.

forute

Smash Ace
Praxis:

Random stage elements are not a big deal, I don't think many people really care about things like bombs but stuff that's a one hit kill like the chimera on New Pork City is too far. Green Greens is no good because Dedede can infinite against the blocks and I'm willing to bet MK can kill with up+b at 30-40%. I don't feel like Pirate Ship has any stupidly broken things going on, the worst thing you have to worry about it is water camping. I dunno why Japes is banned but it might have something to do with Falco's cg+spike. Norfair's not a big deal and I think it's a really fair stage to have if only because it's like the one stage good for tether recovery characters

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Japes was banned in Fl, duno bout other places, cuz falco could chaingrab most of the cast straight into dair into water kill. the person needs a godly recovery and hit on the right side of the stage, avoid the claptrap just to have a chance of getting back.
Is that a joke? You can't be killed with a spike in the water at under 40%. Any character that can't survive that wouldn't survive it on a normal stage >.>

Godly recovery? You can survive being spiked into the water on the LEFT side of the stage, unless you're Link or you have no experience with the timing to jump out of the water.

Praxis:

Random stage elements are not a big deal, I don't think many people really care about things like bombs but stuff that's a one hit kill like the chimera on New Pork City is too far. Green Greens is no good because Dedede can infinite against the blocks and I'm willing to bet MK can kill with up+b at 30-40%.
Wait...Greens is no good because of Dedede? You're banning the entire stage because of one character? Just ban the infinite on the stage if you're trying to ban the stage to prevent the infinite from occuring. Oh wait, the infinite is legal? Then why are you banning the stage to prevent it?

This is a double standard I've noticed a lot. People are afraid to step out and ban a technique- but they'll ban something else to prevent the technique from being used. "We can't ban Dedede's infinite because we'd look like scrubs, but lets ban every stage he can do it on so that it won't happen."

Ban the infinite if you don't want it, or let the infinite stay legal. Either way, don't ban the stage.

You realize how hypocritical it is to ban the stage when you're leaving Delfino and Castle Stage legal, where Dedede can zero-death you with the walk off ledges or infinite you on the walls too (in Delfino)? At least you can PREVENT the infinite from working on Greens. Just destroy the blocks or stay on top. Delfino doesn't give you that option on some sections of the stage. And if you do get CG'd, the wind often breaks it.

As to MK, you can kill him really easy and his recovery advantage disappears. It's a GREAT MK CP.

Let's make Final Destination a counterpick because Diddy's too good on it, or ban Rainbow Cruise because Game & Watch is too good on it (he can uair you off the top at low %!).

Regardless, let me reiterate:
There is no valid reason to ban Jungle Japes, and the vast majority of Smash tournaments do not ban it- this is the first one I've seen.

Norfair's not a big deal and I think it's a really fair stage to have if only because it's like the one stage good for tether recovery characters
And Japes is the one fair stage to have for characters with poor vertical recovery (Peach, DK, etc) or don't kill off the top.

Have you ever fought a camping Link/Toon Link/Snake on Norfair? It's a nightmare.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Praxis:

Random stage elements are not a big deal
LOLwut?

Green Greens is no good because Dedede can infinite against the blocks and I'm willing to bet MK can kill with up+b at 30-40%.
Green Greens is actually an awesome stage to pick against MK. Look into it, you'd be surprised.

Norfair's not a big deal and I think it's a really fair stage to have if only because it's like the one stage good for tether recovery characters
Lava Walls? Camping advantage?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
GameDragonX- So what happened to Jesiah?

We can team up (again). :p

There are a few people who would like to MM me when I get there, such as Jesiah and Boss, but we should be able to get some practice in.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
WOO! I'm in Ashburn! The hotel is really nice and so is the area. That drive was pretty tough though. At one point a minor snowstorm picked up right where we where driving through. And it was like 6 hours plus a stop at John Hopkin's University. ANYWAY, back to C3: Concerning the counterpick issue, WHY ISN'T PS1 THERE?! D= Regardless, I can't wait!

ProBrawler your sig background reminds me of when I played through Fire Emblem 7 on the GBA. Does anyone else feel this resemblance?
LOL, I never played that game so I wouldn't know. =D
Edit: Unless that's the one FE game I played for the GBA that kept deleting its saved data after every time I reached the 10th chapter. ='( Besides that, I've only played FE 9 and 10.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
but i hate when i get like shoutout posts as results "was fun chillin with you after the tourney" and sh*t
I'll find people who have a reference to toast in their name and everyone just shortens it to toasty wtf...what's worse is getting posts about DDR or Stepmania or whatever the **** game it is where it's called "toasty" when you get like as perfect as possible or something >_>

I wanna do some commentary with ChillyD00d =D
oh..I made a vague reference to you a while back that basically meant you could commentate...definitely looking forward to it =D
Is this commentary serious? Maybe I'll be up for some of my random commentary.
hahah yesssssssss that'd be amazing!!! just not during like..finals or some ****. Commentary can be whatever man...if it's not serious, it better be ****ing hilarious, and if it's serious, it better be **** good.
Chillin I challenge you to a $5 mm, 2/3, all random neutrals, ROB vs Snake, on the commentary setup, with toasty and a Snake player of your choice commentating.
hmmmm...I'll probably get Kanackanackanackerz and Karn to join me ^_^ otherwise you'll just hear me sigh and say "it's too good...it's too good" every time you get jab comboed/ftilted hahaha...I don't know if I'd even consider myself good enough to commentate >_>

forute

Smash Ace
Praxis said:
Wait...Greens is no good because of Dedede? You're banning the entire stage because of one character? Just ban the infinite on the stage if you're trying to ban the stage to prevent the infinite from occuring. Oh wait, the infinite is legal? Then why are you banning the stage to prevent it?
I'm not saying I agree with it, just why it's banned. Chill
If it were up to me I'd just ban the infinite but I'm certainly not in charge

Praxis said:
Have you ever fought a camping Link/Toon Link/Snake on Norfair? It's a nightmare.
Yyyep. Camping's lame and all but I don't let it get to me

Iwan said:
Green Greens is actually an awesome stage to pick against MK. Look into it, you'd be surprised.
I didn't say it's not lol, just that his up+b kills really low there

Iwan said:
Lava Walls? Camping advantage?
I don't see a problem with a stage giving an advantage as long as it's not broken

D

Deleted member

stage stuff
What passes for acceptable in WA won't pass for acceptable here. It's one of a few regional differences. I don't think there is any way that you will convince a foreign region to cater to your rule preferences.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
****, this **** sounds epic, I wanted to gooooooooooo.

Single Results:
1.M2k/Azen
2.Chillen/some scrub
3.Seibrik

4.-* who cares.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Bah, couldn't make it. Thumbs, MM at Chu's if I go. If not, IDK when the **** when!

Hiten, friendlies at Chu's if I go. Those online matches were too fun.

Iwan

Smash Ace
This was fun guys...crazy competition xD. People actually dropped out of singles because competing in it would have been "a waste of money". lol......good s***.

Nice meeting you NickNasty (Xell), Dark Peach, snakeee, cake (why'd you leave cake wtf. lol:p), ARS (guy with a sick falcon? yes), Mister_E, and some olimar who ***** me in a MM, and also a lucario who ***** me in a MM. GG's guys....GG's.

I did way better than I thought I was going to do....lol.

And Tope :D....nice to meet you finally as well. Tope, any chance you'll get these results up on AiB too? Hope I get to see what "place" i actually ended up coming in soon :p.

Had fun guys. I'll try and make the low tier tournament next month ;)

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Chillin beat serebik now hes in losers so idk how hes doing

ninja link went on to battle chillin and beat him it was too close and ****z thennn :O

theres alot of other stuff going i went there to stop by and see how everything was going

and i hear g-reg and /serebik got third not 2nd but i didnt check so maybe they did get 2nd

Iwan

Smash Ace
Chillin beat serebik now hes in losers so idk how hes doing

ninja link went on to battle chillin and beat him it was too close and ****z thennn :O

theres alot of other stuff going i went there to stop by and see how everything was going

and i hear g-reg and /serebik got third not 2nd but i didnt check so maybe they did get 2nd
g-reg and serebik did get 2nd, pretty sure they beat Azen and Chillen to go to the finals against DSF and M2K.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
g-reg and serebik did get 2nd, pretty sure they beat Azen and Chillen to go to the finals against DSF and M2K.
They did. It was amazing.

Chillin and Azen effed me and my teammate. They beat us 4/5. We only won when they went Falco/Game and Watch.

I was soooo close into fighting DSF in the losers bracket. I was so scared, but I ened up beating Kirbster instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom