• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 - Ashburn, VA - Nov 22, 08 - ECRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LOL hell yeah another person who doesn't ban FD against me yay. Seriously it's like 3 or 4 people that have the guts to face me there. Hmmm how about we limit it to one banana each cause I just love glide tossing so much :p

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
LOL hell yeah another person who doesn't ban FD against me yay. Seriously it's like 3 or 4 people that have the guts to face me there. Hmmm how about we limit it to one banana each cause I just love glide tossing so much :p
lol. i was just kidding about the banana thing. You can use however many you want.

i just hate diddy dittos alot less when bananas arent involved, thats all :laugh:

i call default red diddy btw. i called it, so you cant use it against me cause i just called it

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
wtf is all this ******** speculation from people not involved in any of this?

Anyway.

Tope, is there any way there could be like a commentator's table? or do you need all the table space you can get? I'm sure we could just pass the mic around if that's the case :)

i wasn't inviting him i was just wondering thats all lol
...you really need to work on how you word things in general [not referring to this quote]

M15t3R E

Smash Master
wtf is all this ******** speculation from people not involved in any of this?

Anyway.

Tope, is there any way there could be like a commentator's table? or do you need all the table space you can get? I'm sure we could just pass the mic around if that's the case :)

...you really need to work on how you word things in general [not referring to this quote]
Get Wife up in dis! :D
Nah but seriously, any sort of commentary is gonna make this event twice as epic.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Goddammit that's bs lol I only use the red Diddy. How's about we mm for it LOL
how about, for our ditto, if we have one in tourney, neither of us use red. to further represent how gay diddy dittos are.

and to go along with that point, i call pink diddy.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Toasty can I commentate on any match where a Diddy is being used? I was jk before I'll keep all the commentary related to the match :)
i want thumbs commentary on ALL my matches please :laugh:

even the ones where i dont use diddy, and the whole time he can be like "that would've worked if he were diddy, but no, hes playing a gay character"

toasty

Smash Hero
haha...okay, sounds good Thumbs. Just...don't be a jacka.ss plz...
even the ones where i dont use diddy, and the whole time he can be like "that would've worked if he were diddy, but no, hes playing a gay character"
Reminds me of how an old Melee player from SoVa got the name It's Ganon! Anything that he did that was ****, he'd look at you and say "well I mean...IT'S GANON!" and anything gay that happened to him "that **** don't work in real life, B! It's Ganon!".....................and then he picked Falcon and ****ed up a combo and said "now see, if it was Ganon..."

But yeah..again, Thumbs...don't turn it into a ban-MK commentary.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs. Diddy. $1 MM. Sound good?
Yes.

haha...okay, sounds good Thumbs. Just...don't be a jacka.ss plz...

Reminds me of how an old Melee player from SoVa got the name It's Ganon! Anything that he did that was ****, he'd look at you and say "well I mean...IT'S GANON!" and anything gay that happened to him "that **** don't work in real life, B! It's Ganon!".....................and then he picked Falcon and ****ed up a combo and said "now see, if it was Ganon..."

But yeah..again, Thumbs...don't turn it into a ban-MK commentary.
Haha you know I wouldn't do that :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Thumbs. $1 MM? No banning stages. You can play at FD. I can play at *cough* norfair If that doesn't suit you, you can ban norfair and I'll still fight you on FD. But i think it is only fair...

Also, I want in on the commentary, I LOVE commentary.

Edit:
thumbs you should post a couple more times on this page, i don't think you've posted enough
Yeah what's taking so long to reply thumbs? :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Apparently Tant is still missing the part where he already agreed to team with Crismas...

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Edit: Forget this post, Tant has proven himself to lack intellegence yet again, and is johning with the fact that it is his birthday, Thanks nacker

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
m2k isnt coming. id assume chillin with neo, dsf with azen or another WC player, maybe azen with travis
lmao @ Jon blatantly giving everyone false info. Idk where you heard that Jon, but I'm stopping at M2K's house along the way and picking him up, so he's def coming to this.

toasty

Smash Hero
for those who want to do commentary...it can't just be anyone. And I can't exactly hold "auditions"...so I'll just stick with those I know better or at least know of their rep better......so yeah, Tant, nothing personal man [unless someone's like "yo, Tant's commentary's the ****, get him on that"...which works in the case of EE hahaha], not trying to get all ultra serious but I also don't want the vids to be drab/not-as-interesting/insightful-as-they-could-otherwise-be.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'm going to post this one more time just in case anyone missed it the last time, as im sure many more people are looking at the thread. theres also added content so please read again. If you could put this in the first thread, tope, it would help. It's imperative that people know this for the tournament to begin smoothly and on time.

PLEASE READ ALL, IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

C3's entry system is simple and effective. When you arrive you will grab the entry slip of paper and a pencil from the front. Upon this Entry Slip you will put all your info, which will consist of your gamertag, teammate and team name if you enter teams (You must BOTH put your TEAM NAME on each of your slips, then the slips will be paired, if there is only 1 member of a team entered, you will NOT be put in the bracket!!), and also your State/Crew/Area. This information is vital for seeding purposes, because the tournament program is capable of separating you by crew, state, or whatever. This means that if 5 people come in the same car from Tuscaloosa or something, put the same info on your Entry Slip! This will ensure you do not have to play crewmates early in the bracket (Losers bracket is no guarantee, and some things in the winners bracket can't be appeased for EVERY crew, but I will do my very best ). Failure to complete the Entry Slip gives the possibility of having to play crew mates early on, so if this happens to you then it is your own fault. Team Matches will be called BY THE TEAM NAME. If a team complains that they can't find their opponent, they will be called again, and after 5 minutes will be disqualified. Either bring food for yourself, or go when you are eliminated or during the designated break time (between doubles and singles)

The tournament schedule will be VERY punctual, teams begins at 11:00 (11:15 at the latest if there is a long line), with registration for teams ending sometime before then. Once the bracket is started, there will be no adding teams. I REPEAT, NO ADDING TEAMS. An announcement will be made, if you are not entered or IN LINE to enter (there will be a cutoff) by this point you absolutely cannot enter. I realize smashers are notorious for being super late but let's all try to make an effort to get there this time, it's not fair to everyone else. I know this may sound foreign to most of you but, GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP, GET UP AT 8-9, EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST AND COME EARLY!! (BEFORE the tournament, and during the 30 minute break, will be the prime time for friendlies.) This will be more beneficial for you and for everyone, and it won't get you disqualified. I speak especially to the OOS travelers, PLEASE leave early if you have a long drive, I truly and sincerely do not want to exclude OOS people from entering this tournament, but I truly and sincerely will if I have to.

BRING WIIS AND TELEVISIONS PLEASE!!!!
also, if you so choose, bring a chair! there may be points when all available may be used.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
for those who want to do commentary...it can't just be anyone. And I can't exactly hold "auditions"...so I'll just stick with those I know better or at least know of their rep better......so yeah, Tant, nothing personal man [unless someone's like "yo, Tant's commentary's the ****, get him on that"...which works in the case of EE hahaha], not trying to get all ultra serious but I also don't want the vids to be drab/not-as-interesting/insightful-as-they-could-otherwise-be.
I see, well i've never had the chance to do commentary before! I just like doing it. Not that i'm excellent at it. But I understand, I'm still technically a nub so time and patience is required.

Whew. I'm pumped for this. Anyone know if Azen is teaming with M2K?

Cronux

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cronux
Can't wait, G-reg! I'm gonna show people the power of WARIO!!

And if slik is coming, Wario ditto's, yo. Please and thanks.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just want to warn everyone, for the first time ever, I'm gonna use my super-awesome, unbeatable, incorruptible, solid-platinum, righteous, extra-strength, magical, one-of-a-kind, indestructible, precision-made, holy, stalwart, unstoppable, H2YL-autographed controller at this tourney. So watch out!

Special thanks to my thesaurus for this post. And to H2YL for picking me to win the costume contest.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Outside of stages we're just going to follow the basic SBR Ruleset correct?
General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
^That stuff

chillindude829

Smash Master
I just want to warn everyone, for the first time ever, I'm gonna use my super-awesome, unbeatable, incorruptible, solid-platinum, righteous, extra-strength, magical, one-of-a-kind, indestructible, precision-made, holy, stalwart, unstoppable, H2YL-autographed controller at this tourney. So watch out!

Special thanks to my thesaurus for this post. And to H2YL for picking me to win the costume contest.
rank our signatures in order of awesomeness

i personally think my signature was better on the pumpkin, it was harder to sign the controller

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Chu's is the best by far, unique blocky handwriting and some little bunny or heart or whatever the **** it is. He also got the best spot on the controller.

Chinesah's is next, that little -.- is so perfect for him.

Azen's after that, just for the creativity of his full name and his smooth-looking signature.

Yours looks like it could've been scribbled by a 4-year old with a Sharpie.

Who wrote the "H2YL" on the front?

chillindude829

Smash Master
Chu's is the best by far, unique blocky handwriting and some little bunny or heart or whatever the **** it is. He also got the best spot on the controller.

Chinesah's is next, that little -.- is so perfect for him.

Azen's after that, just for the creativity of his full name and his smooth-looking signature.

Yours looks like it could've been scribbled by a 4-year old with a Sharpie.

Who wrote the "H2YL" on the front?
WOW i see how it is jcaesar. do you forget how i clearly rigged the contest for you?!? are you sure you didn't rank those backwards?

i wrote the h2yl btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom