• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C R I N G E B O Y S 2 0 0 1

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If you play the GC Smash Bros, then the GC controler would feel most comfortable because of the fimiler feeling when you play Smash. But if you want to feel a diffrent way of holding the controler, but want similer controls, go Classic Controler, (which I support). When you do buy a GC controler, make sure it's Nintendo brand, the others either corrupt faster, or break faster.

bribri123123

Smash Ace
Well, when the GC came out they were like 30... About, now it has dropped because BARELY anyone plays it anymore (besides Melee) XD

voomm

Smash Apprentice
Yes it is a priority
~unless you didnt play melee then you could learn a different control~

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
yes, its worth it. believe me, u will become a much better player once you buy it. Then brawl will be even more addicting than it already is :p

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
lol, so get the official nin10doh one? M'kay...

I currently use the wiimote with nunchucks with the d-pad set to smashes. I'll have to go get a GC controller now...

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
looks like noone agrees with me, but i'd say that if you can use the wiimote fine, why bother getting a GCN controller? the only real difference between them is the c-stick, and is that really worth 10 bucks? I started using a GCN controller to play brawl when i got melee this summer, but my skill didn't change because of it.

Nic64

Smash Lord
If you get brawl I'd recommend getting the GC controller, but I'd recommend against getting brawl, it's a horridly mediocre game.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
uh i actually like using the nunchuck and wii mote when i play for fun, but gamecube controller is easier for me when im playing competitively

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Arrgh... I have brawl, and I've never played melee... Although, I'm seeing if I can get it off a friend...

I'll have to see if it feels good for me...

Llumys

Smash Champion
I wouldn't recommend buying a GameCube controller if all your Smash experience was on a wii remote. I do recommend a classic controller, though.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
@Llumys, the reason I am considering the GC over the classic is simply 'cause I WANNA NOTHER REMOTE!!

lulz... lawl... lol... w/e... so yeah, does the classic actually feel something like the GC? Wiimote/nun?

Thanks everyone!!

bribri123123

Smash Ace
When you play Melee, the controler you HAVE to play with is the GCC. You can transfer your skills from Melee into Brawl, use the GCC and become a better Brawl player.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Get the Nintendo one, recommended is the long cable one if you can't find that get the normal one, and if you also can't find that get the Wavebird, don't get 3rd Party ones though, they suck.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I had the same thing. I bought a classic controller, but I just couldn't play with it. I sticked to the Wiimote + Nunchuck. I just feel more comfortable with it. Now I use the Classic Controller for other games, like Mariokart xd.

If you're really used to your Wiimote + Nunchuck, and you don't feel to lazy to switch, then don't. If you think you'll be able to swap to another controller, then sure, why not?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
EDIT: Never mind. I thought for a second you were talking about Brawl, not controllers.

Anyway, get an official Gamecube controller.

Splice

Smash Hero
I like GC controller better than the Classic controller. I think the C-stick is easier to flick. If you want to play pro C-stick can make a big difference.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If you don't think that you would really get that serious (or frustrated by the feel of the controller), I would recommend that you get the Classic Controller. It has more uses and feels better than the GCN controller when playing VC games. (Especially SNES games)

Nicole

Smash Champion
GC controllers are just generally easier to play with, especially if you've played smash64 and Melee. Feels more natural, imo.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
The Classic Controller and the GCC are your only two real options if you don't want to be limited by your controller. The C-Stick is absolutely crucial. There are techniques that cannot (reasonably) be performed without it. As someone who used the Wii/Chuck for a long time before getting a CC, I can assure you that none of the possible Wii/Chuck configurations adequately simulates the functionality provided by a C-Stick. (This includes using the D-Pad for Smashes.) Just spare yourself the trouble and get a CC or a GCC.

Be aware that the Classic Controller has an extra shoulder button, which can be extremely helpful for certain characters. It also allows for slightly greater flexibility when configuring your control scheme.

Also be aware that the Classic Controller suffers from wireless interference, which can be a huge problem. In fact, since I've started playing Sheik and working on mastering her Chain, the large amount of wireless interference my CC gets has become painfully apparent. It's to the point where I spent a great deal of time trying to find a non-wireless version of the CC (which apparently doesn't exist), and if the situation doesn't improve soon I'm probably to going to get a GCC instead. I will sorely miss the extra shoulder button, but the wireless interference makes it impossible to keep Sheik's Chain deployed consistently as even the slightest moment of connection loss results in her putting the Chain away.

The GameCube Controller is also much simpler to handle because it doesn't require tedious battery management and getting connected to the proper controller port is much easier with a GCC.

Either way, the CC or the GCC are both great. Using anything else hurts you.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Point's been made; C-Stick and no need for batteries is win. Go buy one.

Afropony

Smash Lord
The reason you feel as though you are under average is probably because you don't have a GC controller.

That's just how good they are. BUY ONE!

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
The reason you feel as though you are under average is probably because you don't have a GC controller.

That's just how good they are. BUY ONE!
lol, nice try....

Okay, you guys have somehow convinced me to get an official nintendo GC controller.... Any ideas where to get one now? I'm an aussie if that helps... Which I know it won't...

Epic.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
Well if you are getting a smash game for the casual aspect..then yeah...go with Brawl you will prob have more fun with it then melee or 64 for sure

and btw get the gcn controller its the best choice =D

4Serial

Smash Lord
if you're not comfortable with the wiimote, then i guess you could try it
you could also get the gc controller for gc games.. some are really fun <_< like FE, TOS, Melee...

Top Bottom