• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Captain_Pr0n

Smash Rookie
Against peach u should work on ur ability to jog back and forth and be happy about doing that, extra points if u get off on the stage and screw around on platforms or taunt if u can get away with it. This makes peach want to stop the fun by doing 1 of 2 things: pulling turnips or approaching u, both of which are punishable with grab>stock or Knee>stock too in the case of turnips. If peach is on a platform that isnt too low just get under her and spam Usmash because worst case scenario its going to clank. If uve got time always knee her tho

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
This character's ****ing amazing

I love playing this game way too much

Shoutouts to all the falcon homies

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to Hax for winning Toryuken. I can't remember the last time a falcon player won a decently sized tournament like this.
(I'm hoping it had a decent turnout...regardless, Hax beat Canada's finest basically).

Also saw that dropzone pivot uair attempt.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Falcons REPRESENT

Hax won Toryuken 2, which is amazing because afaik, Unknown522 should still be GODLIKE and KK is no joke, even if he's not playing that seriously anymore (so i hear).

S2J won Ballz Deep, our lil' SoCal local, which is also amazing because Westballz is AMAZING and ****s falcon UP.
I'm just really happy I had a lot of fun at Ballz Deep. I got a lot of chances to brush up on shield dropping and actually get around to implementing it in my game. Once my high goes down though, I'll probably ask quite a few questions about the Sheik MU and Falcon dittos, because those are probably my two worst MUs. To give you a lil' preview though, I have a problem with staying in my shield and basically not MOVING out of fear of getting hit in both MUs.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hax had no sleep prior to Toryuken 2 as well. The sets were really sick though. Check out Weon-X vs hax and unknown vs hax. They were all really close sets.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Do you (or anyone) have the stream link? I completely missed this one. I'm in the mood to see Hax tear people up.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Anyone wanna tell me what the deal is with silentspectre up smashing so much?

I was masturb- watching some of his videos again and I believe even in his more recent he up smashes... a lot. Like I can't even ignore it anymore lol.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna tell me what the deal is with silentspectre up smashing so much?

I was masturb- watching some of his videos again and I believe even in his more recent he up smashes... a lot. Like I can't even ignore it anymore lol.
Some video references would be sick

From what I can tell, SS could be pretty damn random at times. Having said that, usmash can be a really suprisingly good move I find, it has a deceptively large hitbox and when you get both hits on any fast-faller, they are in deep, deep ****. Also, comboing with side-b or stomp into usmash has always been a thing, not entirely reliable but absolutely devastating when it connects.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i feel like i'm in the promised land here in norcal. i've been to 3 tournaments in less than a month that were 34, 30ish, and 73 entrants. I had to drive less than an hour to get to each of them. When I was in Champaign, I had to drive 2 hours minimum to get to locals except for SMYM once a year.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Some video references would be sick

From what I can tell, SS could be pretty damn random at times. Having said that, usmash can be a really suprisingly good move I find, it has a deceptively large hitbox and when you get both hits on any fast-faller, they are in deep, deep ****. Also, comboing with side-b or stomp into usmash has always been a thing, not entirely reliable but absolutely devastating when it connects.
Well in the recent ones I'll have to re-watch but here are 3 that I remember right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTcLteXryk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tg-RxS7Lc (this one you won't see any until I think 3:32 an onwards)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfMf7uS-5fU&feature=endscreen

I always found his random f/dsmash kills hilarious too and I have no idea how he gets them so often

Phonz

Smash Cadet
hey im new to falcon messed around with samus for a lil bit and realized people's champ is for me and he is still kind of awkward for me. does anyone have any tips or specific ways to practice key movements like dthrow>knee or getting my SHFFLing timing right.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
if you have the button inputs down, work on pressing them faster
you can try dthrow -> knee on CPUs to get a feel for the timing, but it's not substitute for people who will DI and do as many escape options as possible to break out

s2j had a nice method for practicing SHFFL timings. set 3 level 1 CPU Ice climbers on one team and fight them. you will have to mix up your L-cancel timings for 1-6 ice climbers, and mixing up l-cancel timings is key for when you adjust aerial timings or you attack a shield

work on acting as fast you can out of everything

Phonz

Smash Cadet
if you have the button inputs down, work on pressing them faster
you can try dthrow -> knee on CPUs to get a feel for the timing, but it's not substitute for people who will DI and do as many escape options as possible to break out

s2j had a nice method for practicing SHFFL timings. set 3 level 1 CPU Ice climbers on one team and fight them. you will have to mix up your L-cancel timings for 1-6 ice climbers, and mixing up l-cancel timings is key for when you adjust aerial timings or you attack a shield

work on acting as fast you can out of everything
thanks for the help. also do you or anyone else have any tips on timing for the gentleman because i can never really do that consistently enough

gravy

Smash Ace
You need to read magus's post on the gentleman to get a better understanding of it's mechanics. I'm feeling too lazy to post it, but I know people have linked it recent in this forum.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Check the amazing thread I posted and will post again for good measure.

Toggle spoiler on "General Stuff" near the bottom of the original post and scroll down. There is a whole section on the Gentleman, including all of Magus's posts on it.

TBH, I just found this out today. I knew it was best post in Falcon history, but I did not realize by how much. Where the **** is 0Room? What that dude did for the falcon boards is LEGENDARY.

Phonz

Smash Cadet
here is Magus's post for the ultra lazy :p

"f you don't hit anything you should also do the hold A method, but you do need to slow down the timing a bit to make up for not having the added hitlag. Holding A (or Z which also acts as an A input) on the 3rd hit until after you IASA out of the jab sequence will always be beneficial since rapid punches are triggered by comparing your total A input duration vs total time. The reason holding the 3rd input helps is because each A input duration is only determined on release, so if you never actually release the 3rd A input and IASA while still holding it that 3rd one doesn't get included in the total at all.

Gentlemans are made easier by keeping your total A input duration low (releasing the A button faster when doing the 1st and 2nd punches and holding the 3rd input to omit it), and your total time high (spacing one or more of the punches farther apart and hitting something which adds hitlag to the total time). As the total A input becomes shorter and/or more hitlag is added, the time between punches can be shorter while still getting the gentleman. When the total A input becomes longer and/or less or no hitlag is added you will need to space the punches out more."

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Congratulations to Hax for finally taking a set off Mew2king. Game 1 of the WF set was a spectacular performance and did a lot to showcase your prowess at the edge. Your edge game is phenomenal, something no doubt obtained after playing M2K so many times lol.

Also, good **** for showing that puff's planking can be beaten by falcon. IMO, from what we talked about on stream, puff planking seems easier, but sheik planking is a lot more rewarding when pulled off correctly. Both are absurdly safe lol. Glad to see that gay ass faggy puff go down though (no offense to m2k)

Sucks that there weren't any real games afterwards, but after having to deal with that kind of super-patient and tense dumb camping/spacing battles, I'd be too tired to keep playing seriously too lmao

OptimusRhymez

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a super new falcon main from norcal but I only have Project M right now. Will it be ok to practice with for melee? Also how can I get in on some tourneys?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Get your ass to the NorCal Melee Facebook group.

Or check out the Tournament Listings and look up tournaments in the Pacific West regional zone.

The facebook group is great though because you will know about the NorCal tournaments and you see smashfests being held in NorCal and you probably hit up someone close to you to play whenever you're both available (which is great because NorCal is amazing at Melee).

If you're new, you can use Project M to practice tech skill stuff. There are a few differences between Falcon in Melee and PM though, most obvious being that Falcon's side-B in Melee doesn't bounce on hit and doesn't grab the ledge if you side-B into the ledge for recovery. Work on L-cancels, wavedashing/landing, and moving as fast as you can around the stage, then play people to get actual game experience.

OptimusRhymez

Smash Rookie
Thanks!
I'm in the group, but I don't have a car right now and I don't really use the bus often, so it's difficult to get to most of them. Especially because I live in the north bay(Petaluma) and most of the smash happens a little further south. Plus, it's a little intimidating because it seems like everyone knows each other and it can be hard to join in the dialogue.

There is an EVO ranbat that I'd like to attend in Oakland tomorrow though. Still finding a way to get there. My friends play with me, but we play exclusively Project M and they aren't into the tourney scene as much.

Phonz

Smash Cadet
For captain's aerials or just aerials in general do u guys advocate more for using A+control stick or the c-stick I've been using the c-stick but some of my friends seem to have success with A

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Thanks!
I'm in the group, but I don't have a car right now and I don't really use the bus often, so it's difficult to get to most of them. Especially because I live in the north bay(Petaluma) and most of the smash happens a little further south. Plus, it's a little intimidating because it seems like everyone knows each other and it can be hard to join in the dialogue.

There is an EVO ranbat that I'd like to attend in Oakland tomorrow though. Still finding a way to get there. My friends play with me, but we play exclusively Project M and they aren't into the tourney scene as much.
don't be intimidated, because from what I can tell, norcal is probably one of the friendliest smash communities in the world (not to say other communities aren't nice, but norcal seems so damn chummy with each other haha)

For captain's aerials or just aerials in general do u guys advocate more for using A+control stick or the c-stick I've been using the c-stick but some of my friends seem to have success with A
I switch off depending on situation or comfort. A lot of the times, I use control stick + A to hit a full hop knee when im fighting a floaty (puff/peach) times and they di the dthrow in, in part because I want the slight boost forward from pressing forward

Top Bottom