• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

banned for censor dodge

thought very least i had immunity in falcon boards

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
mods are super gay same with the rules here lol but juggleguy is chill from what i can see

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if it means anything my feelings weren't hurt or anything by johnny censor dodging a joke insult against me

mods are *****es (NO CENSOR DODGE)

captain falcon is cool

crush

Smash Master
cage ur a cool guy and all in real life and you're great at winning with ganondorf in super smash brothers melee but ur posts are so unbelievably ****ty seriusly please stop posting

D

Deleted member

how to tech on battlefield

if u want to tech on battlefield and ur forced to up-b non-reverse, smash DI down (maybe a little towards the edge too) really hard and now u can tech the edge 90% more

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Damn i srsly read all ur posts in my brain as morpheus' voice especially tips u give out lol

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
With some of the words banned here, I'm kind of surprised **** isn't.

I'm way more conscious about not saying **** than I am about ****, ****, ****, *****, and so forth in public.

Although I have been saying **** a lot lately. Should probably stop doing that.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey KK, are you sensitive about people calling a strategy gay? Just curious if it is common for gay people to dislike using the word in that fashion. I remember I used to be super careful never to say something was gay when i meant the strategy was lame ( should i avoid insulting lame people and just say not nice?). I was super careful about it for around 2 years, but gay people kept using the word instead of me, so I eventually picked it up. Then the other day someone asked me not to say it, so I assume some people are sensitive about that. Now i'm really curious how common it is

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
lol i was burnin with some homies and girls, playin smash, and they brought their gay friend with them, who at the time i did not know was gay. i kept saying "damn thats so gay all u do is spam fsmash" (some homies dont play this game srsly) and i kept saying that over and over. needless to say it was quite awkward hah

i agree with kk tho that **** is a pretty strong word, but i still say it too damn much. must be a smash thing...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I am slowly trying to phase those words out of my vocabulary. It's kind of hard to bite down on the impulse that smashers kind of instill into you through proximity.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
DoH is sensitive about calling strats gay? I never got that impression
Also yeah Smashers saying **** a lot always makes me nervous that I'll accidentally slip that word in regular conversation <_<

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I think **** is used across most gaming communities. I guess pwned just didn't portray the feeling of crushing someone well enough.

I want to stop using it if i can, but it slips in now and then when i get really relaxed or really into the game.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Just replace "****" with "wreck." It's what I do. Has a similar meaning and sound, so if you forget you can just drag it out like, "Get WRAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaeeeeeeeeecked!!"

Alternatively, you can scream, "HOLD MA DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!" That one works pretty well, too.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
why would u stop using ****? It's one of the most accurate descriptions of what actually happens in smash. All you sensitive sallys

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I was in college and some girls took offense to our use of "****," so we started saying "lape," and when asked what "lape" is, I said "it's like **** but with an L" they were like "oh ok that's cool..."

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
TOPIC SWAP!

Falcon boards: Start a standard Melee match, 4 stock, 8min, random select from 6 standard stages. Choose your favorite color of Captain and set his handicap to 1. Select your opponent to be Fox, lvl 7, handicap 9. Don't resort to AI abuse/stupid **** like repeated dthrow over and over again (dthrow is ok, but don't rack up like hundreds of % with it) or baiting dash grabs or abusing ledge invinc or tricking him into SDing. Basically, play as though he were a decent, not-100%-predictable human player with no handicap.

Can you win, Falcon boards? Can you?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
You don't exploit human player's habits?
I do, but even terrible human players won't miss techs with no DI off of dthrows 50 times in a row. Even people who don't know how to tech will just start mashing buttons and eventually tech or DI through dumb luck, or else escape because they wouldn't have a handicap of 9.

Basically, if the ONLY reason it works is because Fox is a CPU or because Fox has a handicap of 9, it's not allowed. If you can do the exact same sequence(s) of move(s) over and over again with no consequences, limit yourself to only doing it 2 or 3 times, which I'd say is about how long it would take a human player to mix it up. Winning by timeout doesn't count, either.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I do, but even terrible human players won't miss techs with no DI off of dthrows 50 times in a row. Even people who don't know how to tech will just start mashing buttons and eventually tech or DI through dumb luck, or else escape because they wouldn't have a handicap of 9.

Basically, if the ONLY reason it works is because Fox is a CPU or because Fox has a handicap of 9, it's not allowed. If you can do the exact same sequence(s) of move(s) over and over again with no consequences, limit yourself to only doing it 2 or 3 times, which I'd say is about how long it would take a human player to mix it up. Winning by timeout doesn't count, either.
Oh you'd be surprised how you can force no techs from opponents. It's a little about timing and choosing the option where they can't tech.

For example with Ganon, you can downthrow people and usually they will obviously tech that in some way because a no tech will result in an automatic Dair. But let's say you jab at the last second before they tech, they won't be able to because they already tried to tech before the jab.

You can do something similar like that with Falcon's Ftilt, it's about as strong as Ganon's jab though it's a bit easier to react I guess.

Top Bottom