• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
What is the point of this exercise Ferrish....
Well, originally the point was that I hadn't touched a controller for about 2 weeks and wanted to practice l-canceling. Then I realized that even with proper l-cancels I could only take 2~3 stocks off of Fox. So then I was curious if I was just terrible or if lvl 7 Fox with handicap 9 was really hard.
I finally managed to beat him ...

It teaches you to not get shieldgrabbed, not miss techs, not approach with anything that can be CC'd, and in fact not approach or get hit in general.

Oh you'd be surprised how you can force no techs from opponents. It's a little about timing and choosing the option where they can't tech.

For example with Ganon, you can downthrow people and usually they will obviously tech that in some way because a no tech will result in an automatic Dair. But let's say you jab at the last second before they tech, they won't be able to because they already tried to tech before the jab.

You can do something similar like that with Falcon's Ftilt, it's about as strong as Ganon's jab though it's a bit easier to react I guess.
I like to think I can adequately deal with techs vs. human players (probably false hope, but I digress), but just try dthrowing a lvl 7 Fox with handicap 9. He goes literally nowhere, never techs, never getup attacks or rolls if you dashdance away, and you can just dthrow -> dashdance -> regrab -> dthrow over and over and over again because he never does anything about it.

My brother and I both prefer to bait techs, though. I feel like it gives me just a little more time to react to what they're doing with a stomp/knee, so early on I'll do something like dthrow -> wavedash in -> jab reset whether it hits or not so they're less likely to purposely miss techs (obviously, I'll adjust if they miss techs on accident cuz they suck). My bro (Ganon main) likes to do **** like dthrow -> turn around -> turn back around -> Wizard Foot because ppl always seem to tech in the direction he's not facing, and Wizard Foot just eats your tech/roll for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (yes, the Ganon can have his reads and eat them three times).

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
There's nothing wrong with approaching, you just have to do it smartly...

I wasn't aware computers knew how to shield grab ... I seem to remember them just being very good at grabbing aerial approaches, which humans can't really do ... so ...

Playing a computer seriously is kinda stupid :|

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Johnny's definition of ****** Dajuan is winning last game last stock in WQ and then winning last game last stock again in LF... lul

unknown522

Some guy
Johnny calls everything ****. He even says that he got ***** if he barely loses to someone, so I'm not surprised that he would say that about his set with Dajuan.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

playing dajuan last weekend i realize i have very little idea what to do vs doc

for the most part though i think falcon wins pretty big

****ED UP dajuan BTW

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Was messin around earlier, is weak knee a good setup tool vs puff or too risky? Pretty simple question.
Hmmm i guess it really depends on percent. If you do get a weak knee at lower percents they will most likely cc and getcha with a grab or whatever puffs do.

:phone:

L__

Smash Master
dude johnny the way you hit your aerials is so crazy

next time we're at the same tournament i really wanna play you

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Don't be such ****ies thinking about if you could say 'gay' or '****' around other people.

Use it when you want to. If the other person actually cares, he'll tell you to stop.

Deal with it when it happens, otherwise you're just being a little *****.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Maybe I play with people who actually care all the time, which is why I've had to work alternatives into my vocabulary.

Maybe some other Smashers frequently play against people who actually care.

Maybe some other Smashers have been banned by people who actually care as well.

Maybe some of those Smashers have had this conversation about how to "deal with it when it comes up" because it "comes up" very frequently for them.

Maybe you shouldn't call people ****ies only to tell them that they should be doing exactly what they were already doing that made you call them ****ies in the first place.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Yeah, I stopped saying **** in public altogether because I seriously thought about for a second how disgustingly insensitive that would be if I were to say it in front of a young woman that has actually experienced being *****. I refuse to be the person that would evoke any memory of such a horrific act.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think you need more uairs in your Peach combos, and less nairs, s2j (at mid percents). Just happened to watch your Apex set vs Armada. Too bad MacD doesn't play anymore. SoCal needs some high level Peaches (though, and don't shoot me for saying so, Baka is making his way up).

-a person

Bones0

Smash Legend
Oh you'd be surprised how you can force no techs from opponents. It's a little about timing and choosing the option where they can't tech.

For example with Ganon, you can downthrow people and usually they will obviously tech that in some way because a no tech will result in an automatic Dair. But let's say you jab at the last second before they tech, they won't be able to because they already tried to tech before the jab.

You can do something similar like that with Falcon's Ftilt, it's about as strong as Ganon's jab though it's a bit easier to react I guess.
This is why I tech as early as possible, so this stuff doesn't always work. As far as I know, no one else does this though. >.>

ORLY

Smash Master
my goodness

i thought to myself, "i wonder what's happened to the falcon boards. i haven't been there in a while!"

i would have never guessed this!

.. well maybe not never

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I edited out the censor dodges from his previous two posts in this thread so he wouldn't get banned. Other mods look in here, too, and can hand out infractions for that stupid stuff. Johnny must have done something on another board to get banned, though I don't think I'm allowed to say what.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I mean we can just look through his post history to see offending posts so I don't see the problem
Unless the mods edited that out
I hope he doesn't get permabanned though <__<

Morin0

Smash Lord
Basically, whenever s2j gets an infraction, he gets banned because he has a lot of permanent points and I believe it only takes 1 infraction point for him to get banned. An infraction point like censor dodging expires so he won't get permabanned, Wenbobular. :p

Top Bottom