• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
maybe it's just the fanboy in me but I ****ing love watching top players go falcon
Same. I love seeing individual styles. Cant watch it right now but p sure he m2k done some cool stuff there, and a lot less 'gay' than usual (that infectious falcon manhood obv)

unknown522

Some guy
I'm pretty sure it works depending on catchup.

You can combo weak n-air -> d-tilt on most semi-floaty/floaty characters like marth, sheik, Ganon, peach. Also vs FFers if they DI up.

I've combo'd a marth with weak n-air -> d-tilt -> weak n-air -> d-tilt -> u-air.

Also weak n-air -> f-tilt -> knee on a sheik

:phone:

D

Deleted member

thought he was talking about hitting their shield

pretty much anything combos into anything, provided they don't crouch cancel

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it works depending on catchup.

You can combo weak n-air -> d-tilt on most semi-floaty/floaty characters like marth, sheik, Ganon, peach. Also vs FFers if they DI up.

I've combo'd a marth with weak n-air -> d-tilt -> weak n-air -> d-tilt -> u-air.

Also weak n-air -> f-tilt -> knee on a sheik

weak n-air gentlemen combo is prigud as well if youre able to catch them with the jabs before they hit the ground but it comes out fast as hell

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Probably saying perfectly fine things and the moderation is focused more on being puppets and enforcing irrelevant rules than making the forum a better place.

swf 2012 baby

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Nooooo not again :(

@Edgeguarding Doc - kill him for throwing bad pills, just jump under them and Uair
Or over
Or through

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
To answer your question more literally, stomp should still hit their up B unless they space it insanely well

it is better to hit him before he gets in range like everyone else is suggesting if you can, but if you aren't in position to, give stomp a try

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
To answer your question more literally, stomp should still hit their up B unless they space it insanely well

it is better to hit him before he gets in range like everyone else is suggesting if you can, but if you aren't in position to, give stomp a try
Uptilt or downtilt overhanging a little should work too

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If the doc sweet spots his Up-b correctly he can magnet hands around them. Up-tilt is good if you're unsure of what to do, but i would stay away from d-tilt.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
*Shakes head* Man the youtube comments are dumb... lol. They can't see what's actually going on. Shroomed, I want another MM, next time.. I will give you a real fight, that **** was dumb at FC lol.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Yeah, Hax already told me how YouTube/smashboards would somewhat think after that tournament lol.

Yeah let's play more Kage. We never finished our Marth vs Falcon set!

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
google hangout (G+'s video group chat for up to 10 ppl) has a sweet feature where you can have everyone on the hangout watch a Youtube video simultaneously. Anyone can pause the video, and you have to push a button for your mic to be heard by others in the hangout.

I think this would be a great tool for video analysis. We could have a hangout to go through peoples' sets and critique in realtime (pausing at moments of importance) instead of having to spend time watching video, taking note of what time something happens, and then have the person being critiqued go back and look at all the times and see what you're talking about.

I'd be down to lead a "falcon meetup" every month or something where we sit down and just discuss stuff and analyze videos.

Only minor problem is 10 person limit, but we could stream the hangout if it becomes a problem

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
If the doc sweet spots his Up-b correctly he can magnet hands around them. Up-tilt is good if you're unsure of what to do, but i would stay away from d-tilt.
Yeah was pretty much speculation tbh. Although I know ive done dtilt on similar moves, I enjoy the mixup.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Dtilt is pretty crappy vs ... like everything
Yeah, dtilt has too much cooldown lag and too little knockback to be a combo starter/extender in most cases, too much startup lag to be a viable option out of CC, and too little priority to be a dependable edgeguarding move most of the time. It can occasionally be useful, e.g. on sweetspotted Fox/Falco Illusions or uthrow -> dtilt -> knee at some %s (Darkrain combo), but all in all it's better to just avoid using it in general and try other options.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Dtilt always looked pretty bad, but I saw a lot of Falcons use it, so I just assumed there was something there. I guess not (besides getting sweetspots).

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Dtilt always looked pretty bad, but I saw a lot of Falcons use it, so I just assumed there was something there. I guess not (besides getting sweetspots).
If it actually hit sweetspots it'd be useful ... I'm pretty sure the hitbox is garbage for hitting below the stage <_<

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah pretty sure angled ftilt is in every way better vs falco. Vs fox at low percents angled ftilt may knock them to awkward positions to edgeguard from, but wouldn't dtilt also be bad at those low percents?

Also it may be DI'd somewhat into a phantasm if they smash DI. but in general I think falcons should just angle ftilt and then edgeguard sweetspots. Though if you can react with dtilt to low phantasms and only angle ftilt if you know it's a sweetspot that would probably be optimal

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah, dtilt has too much cooldown lag and too little knockback to be a combo starter/extender in most cases, too much startup lag to be a viable option out of CC, and too little priority to be a dependable edgeguarding move most of the time. It can occasionally be useful, e.g. on sweetspotted Fox/Falco Illusions or uthrow -> dtilt -> knee at some %s (Darkrain combo), but all in all it's better to just avoid using it in general and try other options.
It's not too bad on CC. You can hit some opponents with it if a move pushes you back a bit far (like sheik's f-air, and marth's n-air at some percents). Or if you catch the opponent trying to dash away from you after you CC something.

It's not great though, I'll give you that. But it does have some random uses

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah i don't think it's worthwhile to dtilt a marth's nair on CC; too much risk of being pushed back too little or too far. Better to dash in and grab or best yet just dash away into dashdance and pressure during the CC.

I could see it being ok against characters with less range though. Only if it will combo at that percent of course though

Top Bottom