• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
Why don't we call captain falcon "Captain"?

Why is he always referred to as "Falcon"??

Wouldn't it be cool if players were called "Captain S2J" "Captain Scar" "Captain Hax" "Captain....jeff"

title given to only the elite captain falcon players. (similar to the blood falcon status that scar used to hand out...but then it kinda just never got mentioned again)

Edit: Captain nand0

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I never heard of the blood falcon status.

The titles would be really sweet, and i would probably work a lot harder to try and earn one. Although i don't see it lasting very long. Smasher in general have a very short attention span when it doesn't concern the actual game very much.

Scar

#HarveyDent
If we get SWF to recognize it then it's easy. LOL @ Blood Falcon, when I organized the CF Side Tournament at *P*4 I wanted to make it really big, so distinguish between brackets I called amateur CFs Suzuaku after CF's apprentice, those who can defeat G-Reg were promoted to Blood Falcon, and if anyone managed to get to and do well in the round robin, they would have earned the title of Captain Falcon (along with me, greg, hax, jeff, and darkrain).

Johnny is a true Captain Falcon for sure. Nando isn't, needs more tournies, and GG7 quit too quickly so he isn't either. Those are my rulings.

Windrose

Smash Lord
omg...gg7....

i miss his avatar. it was some asian girl with big boobs.

=(

plus he was a good falcon too..yeah that was important as well....i think

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah im kinda bad and unaccomplished if you really think about it

but im also comparing myself to my idea of what i should be after so many years, i still objectively compare pretty favorably compared to almost all but the best falcons

marth1 has the edge on me; orly and vro are probably right with me, and there are probably handfuls of falcons in other regions that are comparable that i just dont know

Scar

#HarveyDent
Marth1 can be captain BTT/HRC/1 player mode.

On a more serious note, let's never forget Captain Ryan Roberts AKA NES n00b, in honor of whom the falcon side event was held.

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah im kinda bad and unaccomplished if you really think about it

but im also comparing myself to my idea of what i should be after so many years, i still objectively compare pretty favorably compared to almost all but the best falcons

marth1 has the edge on me; orly and vro are probably right with me, and there are probably handfuls of falcons in other regions that are comparable that i just dont know
how long have you been playing for? according to your join date...3 years!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
JESUS ****ING CHRIST SCAR!

the music on IKM2 SUCKS D***.
I know you had to reupload it cuz youtube is gay but holyyyy dildos batman, for all that is good in melee, please take the time to re-edit in some good tracks. for the fans bro!

<3

Windrose

Smash Lord
doesn't the blip.tv version have the original songs??

EDIT:

OMG NO IT DOESN'T!!! =( =(

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN VERSION IS FOREVER GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I knew i should've downloaded it from youtube when I had the chance...................

who would've thought that they would even care about a melee combo video.... =/ ffffffff....

EDIT#2:

sveet, you play terran now? Good boy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ok so i watched IKM 2 and 3 earlier today, and then i just watched WTF Hax for kicks just now and i came to a realization:

IKM is a better combo video, by that i mean it has better music (fix pl0x), better quality image, and better cohesiveness with the whole Rock theme and Let it KYICK. But wtf hax has way better combos.

I'm sorry but its true. Its taken me 2 years to accept this so no biggie if it takes everyone else a while.

adechrist

Smash Cadet
How much do you guys pay attention to your opponents percent? Cause I only kind of pay attention to it. At any given time I know approximately what it is. So like + or - 8%. So I'm wondering if other people are more aware, if there are people who always know their opponents exact percent, and if I should be more aware of it so that my combo's and approach change accordingly.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I usually pay pretty close attention to it. Mostly for combo reasons and/or guaranteed throw > knee setups.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
IKM is a better combo video, by that i mean it has better music (fix pl0x), better quality image, and better cohesiveness with the whole Rock theme and Let it KYICK. But wtf hax has way better combos.
Not sure if serious, or just trolling...

Windrose

Smash Lord
Paying close attention to percents its always important but you can lose track in tight games when the pressure is on. You even see pro falcons use the wrong throw sometimes but it is rare.

s2j and cage can play in toronto's up coming international tournament! Impulse!

:phone:

Hax

Smash Champion
payday is the best combo video

i didn't want wtfhax to happen, but prog did a good job so i'm cool with it. i've always wanted to have a single, defining combo video that i'd make and release when i retire

D

Deleted member

payday is the best combo video

i didn't want wtfhax to happen, but prog did a good job so i'm cool with it. i've always wanted to have a single, defining combo video that i'd make and release when i retire
hah thats exactly what i want to do also

Windrose

Smash Lord
that's ok guys i'll be the sellout and keep making combo videos
perhaps your new combo series can be based on scarface instead of the lion king.

also, please come to IMPULSE!!

I'm always working on a combo video! Pittsburgh is actually forming a community wide one atm. I'm gonna try to make my section all falcon. <3
you're from pittsburgh? :O are you coming to impulse?

<3

Top Bottom