• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Scar

#HarveyDent
i wish that you could platform cancel falcon kick :(

and any thoughts on perfect nair jab? does that work? i'm still having trouble with it

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i think so but its hard

im basing this on when i asked you the same question like 2 years ago and you said you thought so but it was hard

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

literally my favorite moment in all the years i've played smash was @ dunk's when me and jeff were in the room talking about stomp OOS, and you walked in and i was like

yo johnny, how bad does stomp OOS suck
"it sucks a big ****"
and how often do you do it
"all the time"
me too

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL <3 falcon
sooooooooooo true

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kage i know you like your own tricks but that has nothing to do with why dair oos fails to land

Windrose

Smash Lord
isn't stomp oos' greatest weakness just up tilt?

what else is wrong with stomp oos? it actually works quite often against mid level players and people who screw up their aerials on your shield

non-fast falled stomp oos beats utilt on shield iirc?

i rarely use stomp oos though :S i like to buffer roll or wd oos and try to reset situations in most matchups

D

Deleted member

Nair jab seems 50 50 in my experience honestly don't like it much unless I spaced bad enough to have to jab

:phone:

Windrose

Smash Lord
what do you guys mean when you guys say nair jab?

1 hit nair into jab? when/why do you use this?

Scar

#HarveyDent
when i say perfect nair jab i mean both hits of nair l cancel and then jab, can you do it before getting hit / grabbed

it doesn't seem reliable to me anymore and LOOOL @ bigD

@ gutz "works sometimes" means it doesn't work :p

level9ganon

Smash Rookie
when i say perfect nair jab i mean both hits of nair l cancel and then jab, can you do it before getting hit / grabbed

it doesn't seem reliable to me anymore and LOOOL @ bigD

@ gutz "works sometimes" means it doesn't work :p
you can power shield and nair out of shield. up b also works, but make sure your not near the ledge.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm not going to look into frame data but i'm fairly sure theres a good sized window for someone to grab you after your nair. I thought falcons knew this and thats why they spaced nair?

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm not going to look into frame data but i'm fairly sure theres a good sized window for someone to grab you after your nair. I thought falcons knew this and thats why they spaced nair?
yeah i mean obviously you should be spacing all of your moves, but it's not always that simple, and when you don't, at least if you have a guaranteed jab mixup after not spacing then you don't have to worry about it as much

like johnny said (bigD i disagree with myself -2 years) it feels like it's on the opponent to mess up the punish, so you're better off not relying on it, spacing your nairs, and using jab if you messed up but expect to get whooped

hax does nair jab all the time though, maybe he just knows which characters it's safe against or something, or people mess up against him a lot.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
how bout this

it might be just me

but when i ledgehop nair on a shield, it feels really easy to not get grabbed

are we just not capable of getting low enough on the shield from a shffl, or is this just me imagining things

D

Deleted member

it's 50-50 out of shffl and out of ledge seems more like 95%+ of jab connecting

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
what difference does rising make, the issue is how soon after the hit connecting you are landing

why cant we time the shffl'd nair so the second hit hits close enough to the ground? is it just an issue of sacrificing the earliest possible nair hit in lieu of a later one?

D

Deleted member

pretty much

n-air you want the first hit to come out quick enough (not all the time i sometimes do late hit 1st hit --> 2nd hit)

and that usually puts you in a spot where the 2nd hit is often not ideal, unlike when u ledge hop

sanchaz

Smash Lord
so wisconsin will be using the new ruleset next tourney. what stages should I counter pick captain falcon?

I'm using falco.

In other words, if he gets the chance to take a game off me, what stage should I destroy falcon on?

Scar

#HarveyDent
i never knew any of this about nair. i guess nair from the ledge is pretty good, but I think mine are always pretty late on landing. If you shffl as fast as possible, do both hits even come out? i think sometimes i shffl nair and the second hit doesn't come out.

Hax

Smash Champion
i can't get this ****ing set i had with m2k yesterday in tournament off my head. first game is close but i win by 1 stock. 2nd game i take a 2 stock lead and blow it; i end up losing last stock/last hit. 3rd game i get ***** by like 3 stocks. 4th game i jv3 stock him and do some sexy *** ****. 5th game i'm up 4 stocks to 2 on yoshi's and then i start dropping combos all over the place/playing like ****. it comes down to last stock/last hit and i drop a uthrow -> knee for the game and end up losing

JonnyW

Smash Ace
i can't get this ****ing set i had with m2k yesterday in tournament off my head. first game is close but i win by 1 stock. 2nd game i take a 2 stock lead and blow it; i end up losing last stock/last hit. 3rd game i get ***** by like 3 stocks. 4th game i jv3 stock him and do some sexy *** ****. 5th game i'm up 4 stocks to 2 on yoshi's and then i start dropping combos all over the place/playing like ****. it comes down to last stock/last hit and i drop a uthrow -> knee for the game and end up losing
I wanna see if it was recorded. Gotta nail those easy combos man

Nakamaru

Smash Master
One thing that people have been doing to me lately against my Nair>gentleman pressure makes me cry.

They will shield the nair, then CC the first jab of gentleman and grab me out of it. I really don't think there is a way to avoid it other than spacing it perfectly. : (

(was the new rule set)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
well i said that **** 3 years ago so bam

juke just held down and mashed A when i hit his shield

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I need a cure for cold hands. I don't give a **** how much it is. Send me ****ing links NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Offer a ridiculously overextended handshake before the set to steal all their warmth

:phone:

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I usually wash my hands in warm water for a bit and then keep my hands in my pockets in between matches.

Top Bottom