• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
The A A A-hold is the best method in my opinion. Once you get the pattern down it's easy to do consistently.

I can now consistently perform the gentlemen, using this method, on an opponent or just by itself.

It's funny to edge guard fox's Forward-B with a gentlemen knee.

S l o X

Smash Champion
smashfest with livestream (most likely) at 1:30 EST.

i'll post a link here when it's up. swiftbass, slox, t. webb and aber.

Van.

Smash Ace
On Marth its mostly uthrow (70-90% any DI), dthrow-knee works on away DI at about 60%. They're both deceptively hard to hit.

Peach is easy to hit, and i think it works at virtually any relevant percent.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Dthrow > knee on Peach works at 100%, provided you catch the DI (DI down and away is hard to catch sometimes). It might be earlier (it might start at 90% or mid 90's), but anywhere around 100% is a good benchmark.

On Marth, you can do the above mentioned and you can Dthrow > Knee him at about 130%.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
On Marth its mostly uthrow (70-90% any DI), dthrow-knee works on away DI at about 60%. They're both deceptively hard to hit.

Peach is easy to hit, and i think it works at virtually any relevant percent.
I don't think Peach is easy to hit. Maybe I just suck. I really do seem to do terribly against Peaches, though.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
High tier matchups must be a player-to-player thing. S2j and I have trouble with Peach, but I know people who seem to have no issue with the matchup. Marth is both a joke to me (At least once he jumps) and a horrendous pain. My biggest trouble is Marths that dd camp and grab.

**** his grab range.

**** it in the tiara.

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
Hi ! [ I'm a new Falcon mainer ]
I wanna know which stage is better for counterpicking against a Sheik or Falco.
Usually they ban Dreamland so... I dunno what I have to do ^^' ( Usually I took Y'sS )

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Usually they ban Dreamland so... I dunno what I have to do ^^' ( Usually I took Y'sS )
Unless you can powershield like a mofo (In which case, pick FD and throw his lasers back at him), I would definitely CP Falco to YS. A knee can send him offstage at pretty much any point, and a Falco offstage is almost as bad as a Falcon offstage. Loljk not that bad, but edgeguarding Falco is your best chance of killing him early and evening the matchup.

Against Sheik? It varies. Some say FD is good because it's wide and difficult to get you offstage. I say those people are stupid, because Sheik's techchasing could be performed by a paraplegic, so it doesn't really matter how long she does it. The problem with Sheik is that once you're offstage, your stock is gone. Honestly, just go with a stage that highlights your strengths. If you're great at techchasing, CP her to FD. If you're confident in your platform game, FoD.

Pokemans is kinda nice cause it can **** up her techchasing, but I hate that stage with a passion.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
When i CP (or ban) i always start out with 1 question, "How much space do i need?" The amazing thing about battlefield is that tight close range battles can occur, as well as larger distance spacing/poking battles.

If i'm winning the close range battles but losing long range go to Yoshi's. If you are getting wrecked but can avoid him easily go dreamland.

Only problem with saying "pick this vs X and this vs Y" is falcos and sheiks can play very differently. Against campy falcos you want small stages so they can't run away, but against aggressive falcos you want more room to run around and dodge their approaches. Same goes for sheik. Although sheik is hella gay and you'll get D-throw tech chased to hell and back most of the time. (salty) @.@

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
\Only problem with saying "pick this vs X and this vs Y" is falcos and sheiks can play very differently. Against campy falcos you want small stages so they can't run away, but against aggressive falcos you want more room to run around and dodge their approaches. Same goes for sheik. Although sheik is hella gay and you'll get D-throw tech chased to hell and back most of the time. (salty) @.@
The worst are Falcos who change their playstyle based on the stage. FD? Durr, laser time. Yoshi's? DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR grab mixup DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I suppose I have to adapt my playstyle if my opponent do it too.
Against campy Falco [ FD Like ] I can try to Powershield his annoying laser and grab him [ > To techchase / comboing ]. Or try Y'sS to gimp him, after all he is a bit like Fox, so maybe techchasing and short powerfull combo can do pretty good things. BattleField seems nice too, not so close but no so long too, can be good for a various playstyle.

Vs Sheik ; I never thought about PS for Sheik... I don't really like this stage because of the transformation ( Rock and Fire... Blargh ). But I guess if I practice a lot this stage, maybe I can do something against her/him.

Thanks for the advices !

S l o X

Smash Champion
Playing against a really good fox isn't very fun either. I enjoy vs Peach / Falco nowadays though, even if it is a little hard.

D

Deleted member

yoshis story isn't that amazing unless u are a pro for either shiek/falco, but i enjoy it when I am counterpicked there

Better stages: Pokemon stadium (slight gamble) vs shiek/falco. If you are good on 3/4 of the transformations here then I think its worth CP-ing them here. Although Fire can screw you over if you are not careful. I STILL think rock ***** for falcon

battlefield vs shiek/falco- probably the most 'fair' stage in the game, also BORING

FD vs shiek (IMO)- I've always pooped on shieks here but I have never personally counterpicked them here

FD vs falco is suicidal because in a lot of cases no matter how you DI a mistake will lead to death

Getting counterpicked to FoD is interesting for both shiek/falco, personally don't think its too bad for both falco/shiek

==

Fox is quite automatic vs falcon IMO, and they have many many choices of ****/ghey. You can either have a lot of fun playing an aggressive/creative one or play extremely lame ones like Kels

I'd say if you are playing really good, Falco is easier than Fox. Fox might be Falcon's toughest matchup (except Tope) but it's not that bad for a 'worst' matchup

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Playing against a good fox is so frustrating. 1 mistake on your part can mean 20-80% or an entire stock all together.

He doesn't even have to get strong hits with his airials either. He can just nip at you over and over which is just as bad as getting hit by a strong hit.

D

Deleted member

i think fox is alright unless they play like an extreme chode then its not fun for anybody

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
I like to take Falco to Battlefield and Sheik to FD or Dreamland.

NEVER take Falco to FD even if you're good at power shields. (nobody is good enough at power shielding to put up with that BS, haha!)

Pokemans is kinda nice cause it can **** up her techchasing, but I hate that stage with a passion.
I would love Pokemon if it never changed and just stayed neutral.

hahahaha

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
I never thought FoD could be a good CP against Sheik oO... need some test.
I think I'll keep BF and FD ( and why not FoD too ).
Btw... I like this stage, maybe I should try to CP against Falco on hit ( why not, it sounds good > No laser spamming heheheh ).

Thanks for the advices ! =D

PS ; I saw a round of Hax against a Falco on FD... Sound good too If ya know how to use the match-up oO

D

Deleted member

During process of transformations: Abuse the limitations of space created for easy tech chases if you figure out what is getting changed, most often no different from platform tech chases.
^
pretty important to be able to punish during transformations since it may seem like you are getting kok blocked but sometimes u can turn it around into guaranteed hard punishes such as stomps

Normal/Water/Grass- go play normally

Rock- play on right side of stage and **** them using smaller stage boundaries/ psuedo-edges for easier tech chases. If they land on right side of stage they literally have nowhere to go due to the "edge"

If you are better/ playing better than opponent- fight in middle/pit and have fun as you knee/stomp people repeatedly and if they hit you --> tech wall/ instant up-air.

the multiple small plats give lots of potential for doing sick stuff. and u can do cool tricks/mindgames like teching the middle of the big rock/ falling through plats, etc

if a fox is drill-shining you in the pit hold shield/c-stick up and you will probably make it out since most foxes mess it up.

I'm probably 1 of 08310818013 falcons that think rock stage ***** and i'll probably still swear by it until every fox except for 3-4 stop sucking

fire: **** this stage, but worth fighting your opponent directly if they are worse than you. Tree gives you potential to ****/ lagless side-b/walltech instant up-air reversal. Random dip in middle of stage sucks, left side is pretty bad

unless u are significantly better than your opponent, RUN LIKE A BICH

==
If you like Falcoes on FD thats fine but have fun when you play truly good ones who 0 to death no matter which way you DI / have freest edgeguards in the world/ get lasers shoved up azzzz

You also have potential to **** through tech chases too though, watch me vs westballz in a certain socal tourney but I still think its azzzzz. Make sure you use high n-airs a lot

==

Stadium is still somewhat risky, but I like the unique spots each different stage can give (except fire). Be LAME and pick BATTLEFIELD if you don't want cool spots to happen

D

Deleted member

shield drops open up more options which is always good but I always forget they exist

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I never thought FoD could be a good CP against Sheik oO...
Yeah, plats get you out her ****ing stupid tech chases into her ****ing stupid tilt chases which combo into her ****ing stupid fair I hate Sheik so much she is so gay.

Moss is alright though. ***: Covered.

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
Yeah, plats get you out her ****ing stupid tech chases into her ****ing stupid tilt chases which combo into her ****ing stupid fair I hate Sheik so much she is so gay.

Moss is alright though. ***: Covered.
Ahah I agree ! Playing against a good shi- ... I mean Sheik is ****ing annoying.
I think I'll cry next time I see next Tope's match against a skilled Falcon :/
However I like to use a surprise side-B under FoD's platform it can be useful sometime.

S2J : Maybe you have to do like me... I train my shield drop everyday and in my head I said " You must DO THAT the next time... You must DO THAT the next time " :,)

Top Bottom