• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
i play falcon cuz of what hax said.

PLaying falcon is about making other people feel bad that they lost to falcon.

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
kaffei is so good at this game. :D

i was playing kaffei today and i was mostly focusing on getting that first hit or grab down.

trying to bait a jump is good, and instant uair it as an approach, or just try and space nair. carefully. if you throw it out there not perfectly spaced itll get stuffed by the plethora of priority (ftilt, fair, nair, dsmash ugh)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
falcon may be good, but when its tournament time, and both players are on their last stock, I see so many falcon mains lose it, :(.

S l o X

Smash Champion
falcon may be good, but when its tournament time, and both players are on their last stock, I see so many falcon mains lose it, :(.
we don't really have shine / sheik gimps. comebacks as falcon = be in the other players head. you can't b throw > guess once and win, you have to read them like 5 times or be really good after you get that first hit (even the top players don't do it perfect: mango, s2j, hax) but the said 3 falcons do it prety consistently.

i love watching hax comebacks, especially since they are REALLY common.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Falcon scales with player skill more than any other character. If you're a bad player, you won't have a good Falcon. If you're an amazing player, you **** people who are at your level. Of course, there's a point where mental development slows down, and I think that's where Falcons get ****ed over, because there are other people just a little bit higher than them with better - gayer ;) - characters.

Falcon doesn't have any crutches to fall back on except your own ability to be in your opponent's head.

Oh, also that he's really fast.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Patriots won. ****.

Hoping the Giants can pull through now.
I totally and absolutely agree. I hope the same happens for my sportsball team. They had a lot of sports plays and I really watched them intensely focused on the sportsball that was going on.

Sports.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Slox is a scrub for going fox.

random question: How do I perfect wavedash? I can do mine pretty far, but I want to make sure I can get them to the max distance.

D

Deleted member

don't wait as long after you jump/ make your air dodge angle more horizontal

S l o X

Smash Champion
i was just playing terrible the entirety of day 3. i decided to MM people randomly day 3 because apex was such **** and i wanted to play people so i mm'd darrell and kage. (i was going to give sfat / s2j money but i had to go)

that wasn't the MM though, the setup only had 2 controller ports in it. :/

and game 1 was falco vs falcon on bf. (the only match i won)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey all,

Long time ( relatively, six months or so, been trying to play falcon for about 8 months now ) lurker, first time poster. From the NY, Central New York area, though I live in Troy now. First off, just wanna say how awesome the falcon boards are, the amount of knowledge in scar and s2j's threads is ginormous. Alright on to the questions:

1) What is the best mind set to take when facing down Falco lasers? Should I really put my focus on power shielding them, or should I just eat them and give the bird the buisness?

2) Is it possible to combo out of up throw/down throw versus samus with knee/uair at low percentages or am I always going to get kicked in the teeth by the neutral air.

3) Does anyone remember what thread Cactuar's self improvement post was in? I am still trying to hunt it down and wondering if anyone can help me narrow my search.

Thanks!

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
1) What is the best mind set to take when facing down Falco lasers? Should I really put my focus on power shielding them, or should I just eat them and give the bird the buisness?
those are not the only two options. generally youre going to want to try to get around them and get really close

Zhea

Smash Ace
@DuckPimp - Let's say for the sake of arguement I end up on FD, how should I approach that, just hop and power shield or are there some other tricks for getting around them?

D

Deleted member

Hey all,

Long time ( relatively, six months or so, been trying to play falcon for about 8 months now ) lurker, first time poster. From the NY, Central New York area, though I live in Troy now. First off, just wanna say how awesome the falcon boards are, the amount of knowledge in scar and s2j's threads is ginormous. Alright on to the questions:

2) Is it possible to combo out of up throw/down throw versus samus with knee/uair at low percentages or am I always going to get kicked in the teeth by the neutral air.

3) Does anyone remember what thread Cactuar's self improvement post was in? I am still trying to hunt it down and wondering if anyone can help me narrow my search.

Thanks!
1. I never try to powershield or eat lasers intentionally (some exceptions) but usually I just try to **** him. Falco is unique in the sense that vs him you have to play completely differently than any other character in the game, but I feel once you get the hang of him he's not TOOO bad unless the falco is straight up better than you

2. if you are quick enough, you can up-air samus without trading IF you hit with tippy toes of up-air i think.

d-throw on the other hand relies on crappy DI

3. Marth boards Ask cactuar anything

Zhea

Smash Ace
Good stuff thanks, saw alot of platform play vs th0rn and ballz in your matches at apex so I was curious if the similar methodology was applied in the only no platform neutral.

D

Deleted member

don't like FD because there is no platforms but if I'm playing pretty good FD usually works out fine

in terms of facing falco, you are pretty much forced to go fairly aggressive, even on a horrid vs falco stage like FD. enjoy getting many lasers and barely winning 90% of the time

Zhea

Smash Ace
I'll savor it. Anyway, yeah, when I first started I loved FD as it was so open, but the more I play, the more I value platforms.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
As you play you learn to use platforms and it becomes a lot more fun to play on stages like dreamland.
I loved playing on FD, when I first started playing melee, until I learned that I can use platforms to tech chase people and avoid lasers.

I would suggest banning FD vs Falco.

D

Deleted member

yoshis story, counterpick me there pl0x

FoD also becoming my 2nd favorite tied with stadium

D

Deleted member

in terms of why, my style is more tuned to in-fighting rather than dash-dance defensive camping. Although everyone thinks on paper fox pwns falcon up close.

This is true only if fox is (close to) perfect. 99% of spacies have fatal flaw(s)

way easier to ****/techchase on (small) platforms

potential amazing stuff can happen on yoshis when you edgecancel up-b on cloud to strong knee

amazing can happen on stadium, and you can do sick combos that only work on FoD too

Stadium is a gamble, however, fire is horrid unless u get a lucky **** combo with the tree

FoD has potential to **** block with rising platforms and foxes that camp underneath a plat is tough to deal with

love yoshis MOSTLY though because I AM HORRIblE AT EDGEGUARDING, OMG!!!!!

L__

Smash Master
i'm surprised you like fod

you know any vids off the top of your head where you play on fod?

Top Bottom