• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
What is wrong with fd for falcon mirror match?

Don't go to final destination vs the following:
Peach, ice climbers, falco, mario, doctor mario, pichu, pikachu.

Fd is great vs:
Marth, sheik

Gamble:
Fox. Fox can **** you on fd really hard but you can also destroy fox.

Why ban battle field vs jiggly puff?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

serious question for you falcon mainers out there.

I find myself banning FD more often then FoD the last couple of tourneys.
Maybe its because I cant go without platforms.
Or maybe you find yourself doing this as well?
Or banning an entire other stage?, which will be weird in my opinion,
i hate FD, i'm beginning to love FoD

i think on paper though FoD is still more dangerous, although i'm beginning to see otherwise. platforms are way too good and once you get used to platform heights FoD SEEMS ok

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I like Battlefield but no one wants to strike to it for some reason anymore haha
Now everyone strikes to Yoshi's or Dreamland ~_~

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
What is wrong with fd for falcon mirror match?

Don't go to final destination vs the following:
Peach, ice climbers, falco, mario, doctor mario, pichu, pikachu.

Fd is great vs:
Marth, sheik

Gamble:
Fox. Fox can **** you on fd really hard but you can also destroy fox.

Why ban battle field vs jiggly puff?
FD lets you emphasize more on playing like a ****** in my experience, that's why it sucks for dittos or at least that's what I THINK IMO

Playing Tekk a bunch made me realize that puff can easily corner falcon on Battlefield moreso than say, YS or FoD, and she also has an easier time edgeguarding imo. I dunno though I just find it harder to play vs puff on Battlefield lol

Semi related: reasoning for not banning fod vs marth/falco

- Playing Niko made me lose hope in YS. The ledge is simply too close all the time and Marth can herd you around like it's nothing with his range. FoD however is slightly larger, he has a harder time spacing and he can't **** you from below platforms as easily either, making it a nice counterpick IMO.

yoshis is by no means a free win for marth or anything though lol

- vs Falco I'd say it depends mostly on the player's style. If I know my opponent likes to camp, **** FD then. Falco can however combo **** the **** out of you on FoD making less campy falco players far more dangerous on that stage

my 2 cents

D

Deleted member

i think fd vs peach is fine surprisingly

EDIT: GOT DENIED A JOB BECAUSE I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A PUZZY AND RESPOND LIKE A *****. ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkk

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I love FD vs. Falcons as Marth. I'm just like uair uair uair all day errday. Once I get them past 30 its much easier to 0-death. And Falcon is gonna demolish me anyway so I don't really care about whatever punishment advantages he gets. Edgeguarding becomes simpler, and Falcon loses the ability to do runoff falling uair and drop-through uair on plats...it just becomes about who can dashdance better, and I think Marth has the better pokes/anti-approach so it works out for him.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about everyone else, but I love Yoshis, although I haven't gone against any really good Marths on it.

FD against Fox is one of the most painful Melee matchups I can think of. He techchases you to death and it's just raperaperape all day.

D

Deleted member

my success rate vs shiek on FD is really good, don't like the stage tho

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
s2j, when falco/fox is aiming his up-b slightly downward top sweetspot the edge, I see you use the low angled ftilt a good bit. How often does that work? the range of its hitbox is **** compared to ganons... Have you thought about wavedashing off the ledge into a fastfall and dj rising bair back into the stage to cover this option? or maybe edge cancel a backwards dair at the ledge and dj back on stage? Lol I dunno I'm just brainstorming cause I feel like fox and falco get too many free ledges this way in general, not just vs falcon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's just recognizing that situation in time is hard for some reason since Fox/Falco have so many angles to choose from. That's the impression I always get when I'm hesitant to uair off stage. I mean I normally think: "When are they going to start their Up-B or side-B?" Maybe that's a big problem. =/

D

Deleted member

s2j, when falco/fox is aiming his up-b slightly downward top sweetspot the edge, I see you use the low angled ftilt a good bit. How often does that work? the range of its hitbox is **** compared to ganons... Have you thought about wavedashing off the ledge into a fastfall and dj rising bair back into the stage to cover this option? or maybe edge cancel a backwards dair at the ledge and dj back on stage? Lol I dunno I'm just brainstorming cause I feel like fox and falco get too many free ledges this way in general, not just vs falcon.
it works about 0 % tbh

im thinking about using teeter cancel up-tilt in those spots

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah Utilt works, I think spacing could be more demanding than what hitting the phantasm requires but idk. Rooting for you to do work at the next national.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Why can't you just grab the ledge if it's falco? and ledge hop invincible aerial if it's fox? Just tossing ideas around

S l o X

Smash Champion
f-tilt edgeguards only work if they are recovering high (not sweet spotting from below). i use it on high-ish spacies side b's.

also been experimenting with tilts after ff aerials. when i do use it, it hits and the other player usually shields (they don't expect it) which is probably tbh a better option than running in again.

new england snow sucks **** but i'm still trying to make it to this tournament today. i'll let you guys know how i did later. (all falcon probably)

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I dunno what to say, a lot of it is s2j getting ***** after dropping a combo or missing an edgeguard. To be honest I think that falcon has to play like an *** to win vs a sheik like Tope;

Little to no guessing on tech rolls
Regrabbing Sheik until she DIs out of it
Uair camp
CC everything into grab/dtilt

...yeah lol

Enter faggy analysis that nit picks on technical mistakes:

1:06 should have CC'ed

1:08 if you wanted to cross up with the stomp you would've needed to go farther,
OR dash before Tope let his shield down and ftilted lol

1:14 i would've done an uair but it'd probably have gotten me *****/no good pay off

1:17 would up angled ftilt have worked here? I like doing it when sheik DIs backwards anyway
1:28 I'm starting to think it's better to uair from the ledge vs sheik because she can just trade with the nair like Tope did or CC **** it since you can't really space against CC from the ledge. thoughts?

1:30 that jump had to be punished

1:35 nice grab

1:40 when sheik recovers from below like that i like to refresh my invincibility with a ledgehop going up and then down (so that sheik can only possibly hit you with an uair if she's coming from below, and usually she'll be too far down if you do it early enough).
Dunno what you tried to pull, looks like you messed up rofl

1:42 Running in with a grab and holding down to CC the ftilt is what I would've done here but it's also pretty standard to do so I dunno lol
you didn't get ***** anyway so it's all good

2:00 instant uair would probably have been safer

2:06 when i see sheik run up to me and I'm not ****ting myself I usually do a jump back stomp right away since people almost always cross up with the dash attack. once again though it's STANDARD and a sheik who expects it can **** it

2:51 here i would've dropped down and rejumped instead to dodge the needles

2:55 - 3:08 trying to wavedash pivot to get the ledge or just running to center stage and waiting for her to get up is probably the smartest thing to do ROFL

3:20 needs to be regrabbed. Tope didn't even have to tech i'm pretty sure

3:25 usually it's just smarter to gtfo when getting utilted even if you can grab it sadly

i will not comment on the 2nd match because there was too much ****ing up involved there

Me and the sheik mu? I lost 1-2 to Reno and 0-2 to Tafokintz so I'm probably not the most qualified advisor.
Regarding Tope after playing him I must say I'm surprised there actually was a sheik that could handle falcon better than M2K/Armada's sheik.
When I MMed Tope I think I penetrated him with a sick 0-death then lost 8 stocks in a row LOLLLLL

D

Deleted member

shut the **** up

just kidding about the stfu
but never watching that set, nor am i playing falcon vs him again

D

Deleted member

i barely remember it but yoshis isn't a smart pick

and that i think i SD'ed in silly ways

S l o X

Smash Champion
i think i'd rather play tope's sheik than any good marth.

honestly i'd rather get 4 stocked by a yoshi than sit through marth dd camping me until i decide to approach. so i just pick falco.

S l o X

Smash Champion
he wins in the air all the time. better dd? i guess but he definitely has better tools. dd grab game doesn't really exist when he has dtilt and fair.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well you just gotta work those angles then because he most certainly doesn't win the air all the time. At the very least uair trades Fair.. it's also pretty good to attack Marth from the back since his OOS options from there aren't great. You can just Nair downtilt too.

S l o X

Smash Champion
new england snow sucks **** but i'm still trying to make it to this tournament today. i'll let you guys know how i did later. (all falcon probably)
snow ****ed the tournament.

just played swift for like 10 games then went back home. :glare:

kind of tight but it's whatever. ended up playing falco most of the time because it's just easier. (and swift just goes marth all the time)

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
getting that first hit/grab on sheik- tips?
At low percent I try to see if I can find a pattern in their dash attacks and CC one and grab them. So, yeah... I basically let myself get hit. And that only works at low percents.

I ****ing hate that character so much.

Alsooooo...
he wins in the air all the time.
You shouldn't have to challenge Marth in the air. Once he's in the air you know he's gonna land. That's when you **** him. It's not gay to outspace his aerials with DD and then grab him.

S l o X

Smash Champion
You shouldn't have to challenge Marth in the air. Once he's in the air you know he's gonna land. That's when you **** him. It's not gay to outspace his aerials with DD and then grab him.
no good marth jumps into the air while i'm dash dancing rofl.

(huge post complaining)

i'm probably just gonna end up maining falcon and seconding sheik . . . one day. until then i'll just play fox falco falcon sheik in friendlies.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
theres 12 people reading this board
worldwide falcons unite
i luv how so many people play falcon despite the fact hes a pretty bad character.

Top Bottom