• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

most definitely Darkrain, I've been able to play pretty much every great falcon at one point but never Darkrain

Stomps

Smash Rookie
When I uair with falcon, I normally do the second jump (unintended).

Any tips on not doing that?

Also, I think Mango should team up with S2J or SS in a big tourny. It would be too much.

D

Deleted member

When I uair with falcon, I normally do the second jump (unintended).

Any tips on not doing that?

Also, I think Mango should team up with S2J or SS in a big tourny. It would be too much.
mango did ask me to team at apex, but me and oscar are the MANLY SONS

==

also, teaming with mango is not the funnest thing in the world, he honestly does all the work and i'm definitely more of a *****/ support role

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
mango did ask me to team at apex, but me and oscar are the MANLY SONS

==

also, teaming with mango is not the funnest thing in the world, he honestly does all the work and i'm definitely more of a *****/ support role
don't let him trick you, it's the funnest thing in the world.

s2j, how do i be as cool/good as you????? :[

Windrose

Smash Lord
ok well i changed it again. eventually it will be pretty good. good looks prog

i vote for "what would scar do"
scar would explain why the uploaded IKM2 on megaupload doesn't have "Final Countdown" in the video?? :(

D

Deleted member

Tryndamere used to be my favorite char design of all time because he was both very good and very bad and his ultimate is refusing to die. Never got around to playing him really

nowadays though he is quite the douche, and playing him for the first time in 2 games I had no fun

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
reverse up-b out of shield has more horizontal range than forwards up-b out of shield
pros
what do u think

D

Deleted member

i never use up-b as an offensive move outside of situational edgeguarding moments or when I really want to pull out yet another gimmick of mine, usually vs opponents who shield too much

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
i never use up-b as an offensive move outside of situational edgeguarding moments or when I really want to pull out yet another gimmick of mine, usually vs opponents who shield too much
I think he means as an OOS option. I see Jeapie do it against Sheik.

D

Deleted member

i know what he meant... i just don't like it and therefore don't really care that doing it backwards has more horizontal distance

i will sometimes once in a blue moon just run up to a samus at 170% and just up-b them point blank if they really refuse to die

D

Deleted member

I figured it would work in that spot and it did

==

theorycrafting up-b there's a lot of applicable spots to use it but its almost exactly the same spots where you can just grab

or you can up-b them 3 times in a row to piss them off, ganon style

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But with Falcon I'm sure you can Up-B a blocked Utilt from Fox/Falco or does the hitbox not go far enough? I mean assuming the utilt hit your shield pretty far.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
theorycrafting up-b there's a lot of applicable spots to use it but its almost exactly the same spots where you can just grab

or you can up-b them 3 times in a row to piss them off, ganon style
Up-b has a larger range than grab. That's why it's useful against spaced Sheik tilts once you get her past a percent that she can punish it from.

Also, ****ing Ganon's up-b's range is gay.

Windrose

Smash Lord
wow with megaupload gone, i now am one of very few users that owns a rare version of I Killed Mufasa 2.
And the starting price is $10 USD!!! BUY A HISTORICAL LEGEND OF THE FALCON SAGA TODAY!!! :troll:

but srsly...i can't believe the feds just shut down megaupload like that.....the internet was not pleased as we can see from the widespread anon hacking.

i'm just sad that i will never be able to see that original IKM2 with the Final Countdown song in it ever again.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I downloaded it yesterday, now I feel rather lucky <_<
I do miss the Final Countdown version though :(

D

Deleted member

But with Falcon I'm sure you can Up-B a blocked Utilt from Fox/Falco or does the hitbox not go far enough? I mean assuming the utilt hit your shield pretty far.
Due to shield stun I think they can catch u with another up tilt before up b comes out

:phone:

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
wow with megaupload gone, i now am one of very few users that owns a rare version of I Killed Mufasa 2.
And the starting price is $10 USD!!! BUY A HISTORICAL LEGEND OF THE FALCON SAGA TODAY!!! :troll:

but srsly...i can't believe the feds just shut down megaupload like that.....the internet was not pleased as we can see from the widespread anon hacking.

i'm just sad that i will never be able to see that original IKM2 with the Final Countdown song in it ever again.
haha you f*cking troll :reverse:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Due to shield stun I think they can catch u with another up tilt before up b comes out

:phone:
Well I meant you can do it with Ganon before anything else comes out, I was just wondering if Falcon can do it too? So does that mean Up-B doesn't go far enough or has different start-up time?

D

Deleted member

Up-b has a larger range than grab. That's why it's useful against spaced Sheik tilts once you get her past a percent that she can punish it from.

Also, ****ing Ganon's up-b's range is gay.
tru, but only in most extreme spacing circumstances, a lot of the times I feel an aerial can come out quick enough after a f-tilt

The downside to doing a n-air out of shield though is that they definitely can crouch it to shield, but this in itself is good because falcons can punish shieks once they go into shield mode often

furthermore, most shieks aren't thinking about crouching after a f-tilt, good ones definitely do though but i find they still slip a lot

==

me vs lucky in WINNERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIiqJKLb_EI&feature=g-all-u&context=G2de1fcfFAAAAAAAAAAA

despite the ghey music, pretty epic set and even though i can't edgeguard for BEANS still close as hell

S l o X

Smash Champion
i can't go an entire day just playing falcon (or any other character).

i'm just going to go ask teczero how he does it.

Windrose

Smash Lord
SCAR!! please upload the original ikm2 =( we all need it.

my favourite falcon video after that is probably pay day...

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
serious question for you falcon mainers out there.

I find myself banning FD more often then FoD the last couple of tourneys.
Maybe its because I cant go without platforms.
Or maybe you find yourself doing this as well?
Or banning an entire other stage?, which will be weird in my opinion,

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
FoD isn't too bad vs Jiggs/Falco/Marth imo, so i usually ban BF/FD/YS respectively for these matchups instead

vs IC's i could see myself banning FD as well.

(in dittos it's only respectful of both players to ban FD & fod imo as those stages suck)

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
serious question for you falcon mainers out there.

I find myself banning FD more often then FoD the last couple of tourneys.
Maybe its because I cant go without platforms.
Or maybe you find yourself doing this as well?
Or banning an entire other stage?, which will be weird in my opinion,
Everyone always used to tell me FD is Falcon's best stage.
They are all dirty liars. Chaingrabbed and techchased by everyone, no way to get away from lasers, even less recovery options. It's crap.

Still hate FoD way more though.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I love FD vs Fox / Marth / and depending on the peach style, Peach!

Peach chain grabbing is gay as ****. I ban FD against IC and some Peachs (See: MacD).

So much more to this but I'm too lazy to post.

Top Bottom